The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
Bronco Yoda

Default Can you see it now? I can...

We're going to start off slow. New coaching staff, key injuries off the bat and playing on the road. We've been spoiled for years by starting off red hot.

Many of you crybabies will jump ship. Secretly wishing for a horrible season so that you can at least say 'I told you all so". Sad but true..... I can see it now.

This team will continue to improve and start showing some ugly but gritty wins. QB controversy will be there but all other areas are showing life.

The crybabies will start to show their faces again...peeking in here and there testing the waters. But they'll have too much negative investment to jump back on right away.

We finish the season on a strong note 8-8. Don't make the playoffs but feel better about the team.

By now the Cutler fans come back around to visit but are still splitting their time on their new Bears message boards.They've adopted strange reversable jerseys with Cutler in Denver O&B on one side (to cry themselves to sleep at night) and the Bears O&B colors on the other to root their new team onward.

The McD haters are now on Shanny watch to see which team he coach's. Some team out there is about to get a few more fans they never knew they had out there.....

Draft time comes and we all b**** and moan about 'THAT' draft choice that was used up last year... We roll the dice on a QB...

Clayton writes artilce that we've improved some... predicts we'll go 4-12 in 2010...

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 09-07-2009 at 11:15 AM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Many of you crybabies will jump ship. But secretly wishing for a horrible season so that you can at least say 'I told you all so". Sad but true..... I can see it now.
Some of them already have jumped ship...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
TheDave
Sauced...

another bad fan / good fan thread.... Awesome
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Judging fans good or bad, just when things seemed to be headed in the right direction.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Bronco Yoda

Yup, time to buckle up little campers... it's going to be a bumpy ride
Old 09-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I thought it was great satire.

But apparently Yoda, the plebeians don't know what Satire is
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #7
Bronco Yoda

you know me better than that.... but yah, I'm in a mood today. This season can't start fast enough for me.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Good thing about bumpy rides is it throws out all the whiney b****es for awhile until the team does better.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I love a good bumpy ride. Why do you think girls like dryers that are just ever so slightly unbalanced (for that matter, I seem to like unbalanced guys too, which explains come to think of it)....just saying...
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
I love a good bumpy ride. Why do you think girls like dryers that are just ever so slightly unbalanced (for that matter, I seem to like unbalanced guys too, which explains come to think of it)....just saying...

Stop you're turning me on.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

By now the Cutler fans come back around to visit but are still splitting their time on their new Bears message boards.
I'm pretty sure no one's going to a Bears message board. By the same token, however, if things don't go well, you'll hear it early and often from us. After all, it was the homers who represented to us that McD was the best thing since sliced bread and him establishing his authority was somehow more important than keeping Cutler. Ok. Well....now he can show us just how valuable he is. If he doesn't come out of the gate with wins left and right, he'll deserve all the **** he catches.....and he'll be getting a ton of it. Count on it.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
Meck77

Fair enough SoCal. Just do us a favor and keep your 15 inch dill with aides on hold until we're officially eliminated from the playoff will ya?
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #13
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Stop you're turning me on.
Umm, you are a guy so doesn't a box of cereal or pretty much everything turn you on?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Fair enough SoCal. Just do us a favor and keep your 15 inch dill with aides on hold until we're officially eliminated from the playoff will ya?
I can't promise that.

I just can't, man.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Umm, you are a guy so doesn't a box of cereal or pretty much everything turn you on?

A stiff breeze gets me going whats your point .....
Old 09-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
A stiff breeze gets me going whats your point .....
Didn't really have one, just jacking...um the thread for a moment. I now return you all to your regularly scheduled send up of the regularly occuring battles between the McFans, the Cutler Widows and the others left standing.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #17
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

As good as it feels to read this I can't help but think by starting threads we're being no better than the "other side" (the vast percentage of whom spend all their time trying to rile us up).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I'm a tad worried about how Josh will react to a few losses.

He hasn't experienced losing in a VERY long time, and we saw him getting churlish after just the Bears preseason loss. I hope he can keep his cool. It could get ugly for awhile.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
I'm a tad worried about how Josh will react to a few losses.

He hasn't experienced losing in a VERY long time, and we saw him getting churlish after just the Bears preseason loss. I hope he can keep his cool. It could get ugly for awhile.

I hope he absolutely hates losing
Old 09-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #20
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'm pretty sure no one's going to a Bears message board. By the same token, however, if things don't go well, you'll hear it early and often from us. After all, it was the homers who represented to us that McD was the best thing since sliced bread and him establishing his authority was somehow more important than keeping Cutler. Ok. Well....now he can show us just how valuable he is. If he doesn't come out of the gate with wins left and right, he'll deserve all the **** he catches.....and he'll be getting a ton of it. Count on it.
It seems the apologists have shifted now from the 'wait until he coaches a game' strategy to "hey, tough scheudle, injuries, new coach, new system, Bengals inproved, bad calls, great catch, great throw, fluke". Whatever suits the moment and oh, there will be some moments.

It wasn't posters on message boards, or fans on the streets who bellowed this 'we don't re-build, we expect to win now' garbage. That was Bowlen and McDaniels. In defense, some of you say they couldn't say anything else, and that's absolutely wrong. Setting realistic goals in sports is as imperative as it is in business. It wouldn't have been offensive to anyone if Bowlen and the new ball boy had simply said there's work to do, and we're all looking forward to getting it done.

No, instead it's 'win now'. It's not like they have fool someone into buying tickets. Well fine. We should expect what the owner expects and the only concession I've heard him make it that he doubts Denver will contend for the Super Bowl.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #21
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Took a blood oath to the Broncos, Buffs, and Nuggets when I was 7, so I can't switch.

Its pathetic to switch, worse than cheating on your wife. And if i was able to make it through the pathetic lean Nuggets years I can sure as hell make it through the McDaniels era.

Also. Im pretty ****in sure that at least 95% of the "Cutler widows" would a helluva lot rather be HEARING I told you so than saying it.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #22
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Took a blood oath to the Broncos, Buffs, and Nuggets when I was 7, so I can't switch.

Its pathetic to switch, worse than cheating on your wife. And if i was able to make it through the pathetic lean Nuggets years I can sure as hell make it through the McDaniels era.

Also. Im pretty ****in sure that at least 95% of the "Cutler widows" would a helluva lot rather be HEARING I told you so than saying it.
Exactly!
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #23
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Bring it on (as if we can do anything about it) and let's see where we end up.
Go Broncos.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #24
Bronco Yoda

You know what set me off today. This little so called Bronco fan who owns a small sports shop in a mall that showed up to my BBQ today.

It was supposed to be only a handful of few people coming over today. Considering my new grill and island I'm building is still in pieces strewn next to my pergola. My old portable charcoal grill wasn't up for 50 people! Friends, neighbors, relatives, strangers decended on my house like locus today!

... and then my my wifes friends husband had to open his crybaby mouth...

...enforming in a taunting way that the Broncos will go winless because Cutlers gone.

I ask him what Broncos jersey's he's offering now in his shop (didn't have squat for the Broncos last I checked) and he tells me nothing. We no longer have anyone on the offense. I told him I'd like a Clady or Hillis Jersey. He asked me Clady who?

ok, I was already stressed because I needed to make an emergency run to the store for more meat and beer.... but I gotta tell ya. I had visions of beating this crybaby fan to near death with a BBQ spatula.

But instead, I fired up the trusty George Foreman grill (I know not very BBQy) went into my office, vented here with a quick post, made a quick stop to the store and smiled as I dished out the food and drinks.

Clady who?..... I sorta burnt his burger to a charcoal crisp.... whooops.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #25
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Listen guys, get real ... Josh gets a total pass this year.

WAAAY too many changes to hold him to much of a standard.

2010 will be the year.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote