The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #76
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Turn the calendar back a few years and you might have read:

My biggest issue with Shanny is the whole bringing everything SF to Denver. He brings in SF castoffs to Denver. I never liked SF or the way they did things. I understand that SF won lots of games, but the SF way isn't the only way. Trying to be Mini Walsh is not winning anyone over. Kind of like Increda-Boy, I mean Buddy, I mean Syndrome. The lame knockoff version of a successful product is not what I want my beloved Broncos to become.

Could'a happened.
You go with what you're comfortable with. McD already shows flashes that he's a mini-Belichick. Watch how many NE cast offs that will be joining McD in Denver over the next two years.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #77
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I think the point is you should give him a chance before trying to run him out of town.
McD is getting his chance. Just b/c some fans have their doubts how McD will do at his first coaching gig.....does not mean the fans are trying to run him out of town! McD stays in Denver he can win....plain and simple.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #78
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Just end it and hand in your fan card...
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #79
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I believe that Shanahan had us on track to be a dominant force in the NFL. I know that people don't agree with me, and that's ok with me. Their disagreement does nothing to distract me from where I believed Shanahan was headed.
Ok, explain to us what track to being a dominant force that we were on? It'll be interesting to hear this, please, tell us how we were heading in the right direction. And before you answer would you agree that for a team to be a dominant force that all three phases of the game (Offense, Defense, Special Teams) need to be at least average?
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #80
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With salary cap, free agency, and the fact that a 32 team league dilutes the talent base around the NFL.....it is very difficult if not impossible for a team(s) be dominant let alone average in all 3 phases of the game (offense, defense and special teams).
Old 09-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #81
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus4444 View Post
Ok, explain to us what track to being a dominant force that we were on? It'll be interesting to hear this, please, tell us how we were heading in the right direction. And before you answer would you agree that for a team to be a dominant force that all three phases of the game (Offense, Defense, Special Teams) need to be at least average?
that track would be the light rail track. TJ, like many here, respected and liked Mike. I did. Once I found out his package deal of him and Slowick are like bobsy twins, I understood the Move to Fire him. We were treading water as our Offense was getting stronger but our Defense was just unbearable. TJ wont be able to explain it. You can believe in Mike but not with his staff or some of those players would we do crap this or next season.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #82
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
With salary cap, free agency, and the fact that a 32 team league dilutes the talent base around the NFL.....it is very difficult if not impossible for a team(s) be dominant let alone average in all 3 phases of the game (offense, defense and special teams).
..which makes Josh McDaniels offensive achievments in NE all that much more astounding.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:54 AM   #83
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Turn the calendar back a few years and you might have read:

My biggest issue with Shanny is the whole bringing everything SF to Denver. He brings in SF castoffs to Denver. I never liked SF or the way they did things. I understand that SF won lots of games, but the SF way isn't the only way. Trying to be Mini Walsh is not winning anyone over. Kind of like Increda-Boy, I mean Buddy, I mean Syndrome. The lame knockoff version of a successful product is not what I want my beloved Broncos to become.

Could'a happened.
And he would have gotten all of that too if he would have came in during his first year and tried to bring in Elvis Grbac (who Mike was said to be a fan of) to replace John Elway.

This whole split isn't as cut and dried as anybody wants to make it.

Winning will cure it though.

Last edited by Taco John; 09-06-2009 at 03:56 AM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:13 AM   #84
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus4444 View Post

What would be the point of explaining it to you? It's clear that you don't agree and just want to focus on what you saw that was negative with the team. For me to explain any positives of the direction that Shanahan had this team going isn't going to make you forget about the negatives that you saw. So what's the point?

I'm just saying that I believed that we were headed in the right direction, even though I understood that we still had a ways to go on defense. To that end, Shanahan had put the team in position with more resources than we've had in seasons ready to be chiefly focused on the defense and getting things squared away there. I believe that we were within two years of Superbowl contention. Popps himself, one of the top Shanahan bashers in this forum, thought that we were within two years of the Superbowl in February when asked.

I don't see where it's such a stretch to believe we were headed in the right direction.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:31 AM   #85
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Success in anything depends on perception. If the Broncos had players from the last three year's Superbowls to pick from Josh would still have a heck of a hole to coach from psychologically. The team is so fractured that as soon as the duct tape and chewing gum falls off during the season the fans will all scream "told you!" when in fact this team has not really had a fair shake from Bowlen through Josh to the fans. It's been a perfect storm of stupidity so for them to win and turn it around.....you are talking about a lot of winning.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:46 AM   #86
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Check this out, lex posted it in a thread about the 53 man roster/last preseason game and it really got me thinking to see it like this. These are our impact draft selections, 96-05:

...and they certainly made a profound impact on the team.
R u f'ing kidding me?!? This is a joke, right? You're telling me that everyone on this list "made a PROFOUND impact on the team"

Marcus Nash?
Friedman?
McGriff?
O'Neal?
Cole?
Middlebrooks?
Tovessi?
Lelie?
Dorsett Davis?
George Foster?
Tatum "Tinker" Bell?
Darius Watts?
Jeremy LeSeur?
Clarett?

Really? Profound impacts?? Please tell me you're joking, or that I slept through those years, or that you were being sarcastic.......please.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #87
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

they will stop at nothing to prove mcdaniels is an idiot and was sent here to destroy this team. clearly, mcdaniels has zero interest in winning.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #88
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

**** McDingleBerry! **** him in the ear!
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote