The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #26
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I personally believed Shanahan had us going nowhere and Bowlen's testicles expanded to the size of watermelons before he stormed into Shanny's dust covered off and seized the opportunity to inject some new life into our team.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #27
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
My biggest issue with McD is the whole bringing everything NE to Denver. He brings in NE castoffs to Denver. I never liked NE or the way they did things. I understand that NE won lots of games, but the NE way isn't the only way. Trying to be Mini Belicheat is not winning anyone over. Kind of like Increda-Boy, I mean Buddy, I mean Syndrome. The lame knockoff version of a successful product is not what I want my beloved Broncos to become.
Honestly, what did you expect him to do? Forget everything he's learned and keep everything they way Shanny had it just because that's the way things were done in the past?
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #28
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
i personally believed shanahan had us going nowhere and bowlen's testicles expanded to the size of watermelons before he stormed into shanny's dust covered off and seized the opportunity to inject some new life into our team.

qft.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #29
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I personally believed Shanahan had us going nowhere and Bowlen's testicles expanded to the size of watermelons before he stormed into Shanny's dust covered off and seized the opportunity to inject some new life into our team.
Orton's definitely new.
I'm not sure how much life he has in him though.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #30
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
You would rather have a guy with no experience?

Because I will coach for a lot less than Mcdaniels makes and I have won just as many games as he has.
Yeah, and they should cut Moreno and sign you as RB, because he has as many NFL rushing yards as you do.

worst argument ever
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #31
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

There was this thread once started on the Mane about Bowlen being a gutless drunk. It came about 9 months ago and has covered this topic pretty ****ing extensively.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #32
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #33
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just bump one of the hundreds of threads we've had on this topic? What's the point of re-raising this old subject again and again. Do you think you had anything worth adding to the discussion that merited another thread? If so, now would be a good time to add it.
And we would still be on track but sadly jay cutler is a b**** so put the blame squarely where it belongs also mike signed his own termination papers and gave pat little choice. (that's all iam saying on this way overhashed subject) and zona has a point people complain no matter what happens it's a freaking flow chart with some of the peeps on this board.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #34
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Do you know what the funny thing is?

1 playoff win is 1 more than Mcdaniels has.
but 10 years more than McDaniels has got. I will take the McDaniels and the chance we get more than 1 win.
Zona, I think it all comes down to if a sprain is a stretch or torn and if Kuper has either. This will be McDaniels doing for the season.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #35
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
I know SSJ more or less agrees with that as well.
I agree too. I'm not sure he had the defense in hand, but .... there were at least two ways for Bowlen to handle that w/o firing Shanny, nor was I happy with T. Henry.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #36
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

need a map man? you are extremely lost.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #37
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Man, one solid preseason game against a team that has struggled ALL PRESEASON and suddenly the nuthuggers get a little hop in their step.

If anything, last night only proved how bad Kyle Orton might be.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #38
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

There's only one appropriate response for this thread........

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #39
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Seriously, wtf are you McD haters complaining about? Shanahan won a single playoff game in the last 10 years and you guys act like he was gods gift to football and that Josh can do nothing right. I loved Shanahan as much as the next guy but once I stepped back and looked at the whole picture, good god, Bowlen was right to fire him. 1 playoff win in a 10 year span is so ridiculously bad it's not even funny. Most other coaches would have been long gone before Mike was let go. Yup, he won a few superbowls very early and I think that's what earned him that precious extra time but I don't see how anybody could say he should have stayed with that kind of drought.

So when Josh comes in here to try to change things up a bit, guys here are acting like we have been a winning team or something and what he's doing is hurting our chances for the future. Oh, you mean like winning a single playoff game in 10 years kinda future? Please, get some F'n perspective of the last 10 years and give it a rest. You're not willing to give Josh a few years before you evaluate him but you were willing to give Mike a 10 year free ride. It's NFL insanity is what it is.
I'm not in a rebuilding mood for one. Coaches in their 30's in the NFL don't until their in their 40's. McD has no Franchise Qb and has yet to prove he can win with low end mediocre journeyman QB's. McD won with a Franchise-Pro Bowl-HOF QB, and was able to win with Cassel due to the system Belichick has installed.

So again, McD will have to prove himself and win plain and simple. I understand McD has a 3 year window to create a miracle and at least be ready to make the playoffs and win at least one playoff game.

Belichick assist. coaches who become HC have yet to show they can win on a consistent basis w/o Daddy Belichick at their side for guidance and reassurance.

Last, if you believe Josh is the answer you go ahead and knock yourself out. Besides you can comeback and say I told you so. All the McD doubters can comeback and say we were wrong.....but I highly doubt it.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #40
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
I'm not in a rebuilding mood for one. Coaches in their 30's in the NFL don't until their in their 40's. McD has no Franchise Qb and has yet to prove he can win with low end mediocre journeyman QB's. McD won with a Franchise-Pro Bowl-HOF QB, and was able to win with Cassel due to the system Belichick has installed.

So again, McD will have to prove himself and win plain and simple. I understand McD has a 3 year window to create a miracle and at least be ready to make the playoffs and win at least one playoff game.

Belichick assist. coaches who become HC have yet to show they can win on a consistent basis w/o Daddy Belichick at their side for guidance and reassurance.

Last, if you believe Josh is the answer you go ahead and knock yourself out. Besides you can comeback and say I told you so. All the McD doubters can comeback and say we were wrong.....but I highly doubt it.

Just end it and hand in your fan card...
Old 09-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #41
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtown View Post
Shanahan was never gonna get defense right. Even during the SB years, he was inheriting an already passable defense. Also, five DCs in five years is an absolute red flag that he had no idea WTF was going on on that side of the ball.

I applaud the McD hire. The Broncos have been an undisciplined group the last few years and they absolutely have no fire. What else to explain our annual late season swoon and our horrible home record. I think McD will at least get these guys to play hard as a team, something I doubted Shanny could do the last few years.
This change may be good or Shanahan. He has been out visiting dominent defensive teams during training camp. I would asume learning a thing or two about the defense. Sometimes you get in a rut and need to take a step back and re-evaluate your gameplan. I wish Mike good luck in the future. That being said, McD is our coach like it or not.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #42
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
This change may be good or Shanahan. He has been out visiting dominent defensive teams during training camp. I would asume learning a thing or two about the defense. Sometimes you get in a rut and need to take a step back and re-evaluate your gameplan. I wish Mike good luck in the future. That being said, McD is our coach like it or not.

Exactly.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #43
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but I believe that Shanahan had us on track to be a dominant force in the NFL. I know that people don't agree with me, and that's ok with me. Their disagreement does nothing to distract me from where I believed Shanahan was headed.
he might have had the offense on track to possibly become dominant(although the ton of yards with no points to show was getting old)

but that defense was on its way to becoming the worst ever seen.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #44
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Do you know what the funny thing is?

1 playoff win is 1 more than Mcdaniels has.
And TEN years is 10 more years than McDaniel has had.

Really, it's premature to say he is going to fail.

Shanny wrote his own ticket off the team when he said "We WILL make the playoffs this year." last preseason.

That is FAIL!
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #45
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post

Shanny wrote his own ticket off the team when he said "We WILL make the playoffs this year." last preseason.

That is FAIL!

Look another positive post!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #46
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
he might have had the offense on track to possibly become dominant(although the ton of yards with no points to show was getting old)

but that defense was on its way to becoming the worst ever seen.
I know right. Everytime the Broncos defense was on the field it was like watching a train wreck over and over again.
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #47
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but I believe that Shanahan had us on track to be a dominant force in the NFL. I know that people don't agree with me, and that's ok with me. Their disagreement does nothing to distract me from where I believed Shanahan was headed.
He was headed for a dominating O fallowed by a devestating D. Funny how much better our D has looked so far this pre-season over the past 2 years!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #48
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

So let's draft 6 of 9 on offense, trade our 2 young offensive probowlers and a top 10 pick in '10 for a nickle corner..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #49
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
Yeah, and they should cut Moreno and sign you as RB, because he has as many NFL rushing yards as you do.

worst argument ever
I didn't bring up the argument...
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #50
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post

That is FAIL!
Absolutely, but do we really think that a guy who has absolutely no headcoaching experience at any level is going to come in here and be a lot better than a headcoaching legend?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote