The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Default Pure hilarity from Queefs Planet...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...25#post6032625

Some good ones:

Quote:
Croyle will throw picks. Thigpen will throw pick 6s. Croyle is brittle. Thigpen has cracked ribs and tentative. Call in a bomb threat to the stadium around kickoff?
Quote:
Big Ben.

Oh, you mean that's on our roster?

Um.
Um.
Um.
Um.
Um.

Yeah... I guess.
Um...damn....

Okay, Croyle, because Thigpen sucks more than Croyle.
Quote:
I start Thigpen. I let Baltimore smash him good so we never have to see him on the field again.
Quote:
I'm going to be at this game and I'm quiet happy that I don't get as passionate as I used when they lose because it has potential to be brutal. Maybe it's a good thing Herm & Carl sucked the life out of the game for me. Kind of like be desensitized to war.
The moral of the story is--NO MATTER HOW BAD WE THINK WE HAVE IT BEING A BRONCO FAN IN 2009--TRY AND THINK OF THE CHIEFS WHO WILL HAVE IT WORSE.

Last edited by broncofan7; 09-04-2009 at 08:52 AM..
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I start Thigpen. I let Baltimore smash him good so we never have to see him on the field again.

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

The Chiefs fans think they are quite a bit better than our team though

Living in Kansas I see the Chiefs preseason games and see the pregame stuff
before the games they pretty much have a section where they just bag on the Broncos and talk about how horrible they will be, etc..

They think Piolo and Haley will do great things for him
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Thanks..I needed that..let the weekend begin..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Where's fatass to tell us what a "mess" our team is?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer

This space for rent

And I thought our boards were ****ed up. Was I ever wrong...™
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
dbfan21
Broncos Fan in Florida

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It would be mighty tough to be a Chiefs fan. To think, I was in high school the last time they won a playoff game (1993).
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

By JASON WHITLOCK
The Kansas City Star

ST. LOUIS | From a Chiefs perspective, there was a lot to like Thursday night inside the Edward Jones Dome.

In Kansas City’s preseason finale, the Chiefs’ starting offensive line and defensive front seven had their way with the overmatched and rebuilding St. Louis Rams.

Dantrell Savage and Larry Johnson combined for 129 rushing yards in seven carries in the first half, dashing through gaping holes opened by KC’s previously maligned offensive line. Defensively, coordinator Clancy Pendergast, as he’s done throughout the preseason, continued to unveil perfectly executed zone blitzes. Tamba Hali and Corey Mays each sacked Kyle Boller. KC’s defense also snuffed the St. Louis running game, holding the Rams to 2.7 yards per carry in 15 first-half attempts. Chiefs safety Dajuan Morgan snagged a beautiful interception deep in St. Louis territory.

So why were the Chiefs ahead by two stinking points (9-7) and without a touchdown after 30 minutes of play? Why did the Rams drop the Chiefs to 0-4 in exhibition play with a 17-9 victory?

Well, it might have a little something to do with the quarterback play.

Never in my life have I seen two NFL quarterbacks play as poorly against subpar competition as Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpen managed Thursday night.

It probably took all the strength first-time head coach Todd Haley could muster to not suit up and quarterback the Chiefs himself during the second half.

Croyle got the start in place of the injured Sixty Million Dollar Man (Matt Cassel). It was a great opportunity for the man Herm Edwards envisioned as the Chiefs’ franchise quarterback of the future. Croyle had a chance to sew up the No. 2 job against one of the league’s worst defenses.

He had the benefit of a productive running game. And except for an occasional lapse by right tackle Damion Sackintosh, Croyle enjoyed solid pass protection.

He completed just five of 16 passes for 85 yards. He repeatedly overthrew open receivers downfield, and he underthrew receivers standing right in front of him.

His performance was embarrassing. But it was likely good enough to win the No. 2 job. Thigpen was that bad.

In seven attempts, Thigpen completed two passes to the Chiefs and two passes to the Rams. His three other throws fell incomplete.

You have to think fourth-stringer Matt Gutierrez might be chosen Cassel’s backup. He couldn’t be any worse. Plus, he rode the same Bill Belichick-Tom Brady gravy train that so impresses first-time general manager Scott Egoli.

Gutierrez didn’t put any points on the board in mop-up action, but he managed to leave the field without embarrassing himself or his family.
ROFL2!

It’s going to be interesting to see whether any quarterback can excel playing for Todd Hothead. I’ve never been a fan of Croyle’s or Thigpen’s, but they’ve certainly played better than what they showed Thursday night.

Are they cracking under the pressure of playing for head coach/offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Todd Haley? Has Haley threatened to fire them?

How many off-the-street quarterbacks do you think Haley could argue would be better than Croyle or Thigpen?

Here’s what’s scary. Throughout training camp, no one argued that Cassel looked any sharper than Croyle or Thigpen.

We have no earthly idea whether Cassel is any good. He’s done nothing in the preseason to distinguish himself. Well, actually, because of the knee injury he suffered last week, Cassel has done nothing.

There’s a chance we’ll get our first extended look at Cassel at Baltimore. Wow.

You could make the case that Cassel should be left on the shelf until after Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are done with the Chiefs. No way Haley is going into his first game as an NFL head coach with Croyle or Thigpen as his starter if the Sixty Million Dollar Man has been medically cleared to play.

No way. Haley fired Chan Gailey because he thinks the Chiefs can score points and win games. Haley knows he has many skeptics. He wants to prove them wrong as soon as possible.

The only way he can is if Cassel is significantly better than Croyle and Thigpen and able to stay healthy despite a leaky right side of the line.

Last edited by broncofan7; 09-04-2009 at 09:32 AM..
Old 09-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
It would be mighty tough to be a Chiefs fan. To think, I was in high school the last time they won a playoff game (1993).
Me too. I was getting my drivers license!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #10
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

But, but, but the Chiefs are supposed to improve by as many as 6 games this year.

Yeah, not seeing it.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
By JASON WHITLOCK

He had the benefit of a productive running game. And except for an occasional lapse by right tackle Damion Sackintosh, Croyle enjoyed solid pass protection.

[B]You have to think fourth-stringer Matt Gutierrez might be chosen Cassel’s backup. He couldn’t be any worse. Plus, he rode the same Bill Belichick-Tom Brady gravy train that so impresses first-time general manager Scott Egoli.

It’s going to be interesting to see whether any quarterback can excel playing for Todd Hothead. I’ve never been a fan of Croyle’s or Thigpen’s, but they’ve certainly played better than what they showed Thursday night.
Wow. Has Whitlock always resorted to third grade type namecalling or is this something new? I can't believe a newspaper actually pays someone who writes so unprofessionally like this. I had to actually check the link to make sure the OP didn't add those himself.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

People think that KC is going to be so much better this year, I don't see where their offensive or defensive weapons are. I think that if you match our teams side by side, at least 75% of our starters are better than theirs.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Wow. Has Whitlock always resorted to third grade type namecalling or is this something new? I can't believe a newspaper actually pays someone who writes so unprofessionally like this. I had to actually check the link to make sure the OP didn't add those himself.
I'll bet that there is a typical Patriots media blackout in KC... I know it's driving our press guys nuts. My guess is that's where some of the frustration is coming from.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So because I thought they were funny, are you saying that I have a 3rd grade sense of humor? (you're right! I do.)
Old 09-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #15
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

Quote:
Maybe Whitlock and Chris Berman have been hanging out. That's the only way to explain such idiocy.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
We're talking about the chefs here where name calling and pseudo professionalism is the standard on and off the field.

Flaming has become the only real professional job associated with this pathetic franchise...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #17
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Change a few names and it coulld easily be the Omane.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
By JASON WHITLOCK
The Kansas City Star

ST. LOUIS | From a Chiefs perspective, there was a lot to like Thursday night inside the Edward Jones Dome.

In Kansas City’s preseason finale, the Chiefs’ starting offensive line and defensive front seven had their way with the overmatched and rebuilding St. Louis Rams.

Dantrell Savage and Larry Johnson combined for 129 rushing yards in seven carries in the first half, dashing through gaping holes opened by KC’s previously maligned offensive line. Defensively, coordinator Clancy Pendergast, as he’s done throughout the preseason, continued to unveil perfectly executed zone blitzes. Tamba Hali and Corey Mays each sacked Kyle Boller. KC’s defense also snuffed the St. Louis running game, holding the Rams to 2.7 yards per carry in 15 first-half attempts. Chiefs safety Dajuan Morgan snagged a beautiful interception deep in St. Louis territory.

So why were the Chiefs ahead by two stinking points (9-7) and without a touchdown after 30 minutes of play? Why did the Rams drop the Chiefs to 0-4 in exhibition play with a 17-9 victory?

Well, it might have a little something to do with the quarterback play.

Never in my life have I seen two NFL quarterbacks play as poorly against subpar competition as Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpen managed Thursday night.

It probably took all the strength first-time head coach Todd Haley could muster to not suit up and quarterback the Chiefs himself during the second half.

Croyle got the start in place of the injured Sixty Million Dollar Man (Matt Cassel). It was a great opportunity for the man Herm Edwards envisioned as the Chiefs’ franchise quarterback of the future. Croyle had a chance to sew up the No. 2 job against one of the league’s worst defenses.

He completed just five of 16 passes for 85 yards. He repeatedly overthrew open receivers downfield, and he underthrew receivers standing right in front of him.

His performance was embarrassing. But it was likely good enough to win the No. 2 job. Thigpen was that bad.

In seven attempts, Thigpen completed two passes to the Chiefs and two passes to the Rams. His three other throws fell incomplete.

You have to think fourth-stringer Matt Gutierrez might be chosen Cassel’s backup. He couldn’t be any worse. Plus, he rode the same Bill Belichick-Tom Brady gravy train that so impresses first-time general manager Scott Egoli.

Gutierrez didn’t put any points on the board in mop-up action, but he managed to leave the field without embarrassing himself or his family.
ROFL2!

Are they cracking under the pressure of playing for head coach/offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Todd Haley? Has Haley threatened to fire them?

How many off-the-street quarterbacks do you think Haley could argue would be better than Croyle or Thigpen?

Here’s what’s scary. Throughout training camp, no one argued that Cassel looked any sharper than Croyle or Thigpen.

We have no earthly idea whether Cassel is any good. He’s done nothing in the preseason to distinguish himself. Well, actually, because of the knee injury he suffered last week, Cassel has done nothing.

There’s a chance we’ll get our first extended look at Cassel at Baltimore. Wow.

You could make the case that Cassel should be left on the shelf until after Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are done with the Chiefs. No way Haley is going into his first game as an NFL head coach with Croyle or Thigpen as his starter if the Sixty Million Dollar Man has been medically cleared to play.

No way. Haley fired Chan Gailey because he thinks the Chiefs can score points and win games. Haley knows he has many skeptics. He wants to prove them wrong as soon as possible.

The only way he can is if Cassel is significantly better than Croyle and Thigpen and able to stay healthy despite a leaky right side of the line.
I quite reading at St. Louis Rams...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #19
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
Change a few names and it coulld easily be the Omane.
To a degree. The homerism isn't as bad over there as it is here.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Can we honestly claim the moral highground when we have posters with the Mc in their screen names and use the classic McPoopypants when talking about the HC? OTOH...its the chiefs...so...I leave such moral judgements to the individual poster.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #21
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
But, but, but the Chiefs are supposed to improve by as many as 6 games this year.

Yeah, not seeing it.
That's not going to happen.

The AFC west is going to be ugly this year.

But I honestly expect that in 2-3 years, it could be one of the toughest divisions in the league.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #22
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I love it
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote