The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Did Moss do enough tonight to keep his job
yes 74 77.08%
no 22 22.92%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Bronco Yoda

Default Did Moss do enough to keep a spot here

He finally showed up tonight.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

I actually noticed him tonight.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Did not see the game.... damn work gets into the way again.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Hard to say. He look decent in the other preseason games so I don't know if this one game will be enough to put him over the hump. I sure hope so though.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #5
enjolras
Ring of Famer

He made some plays.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #6
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

It's tough to cut talent when you see it start to come of age, which it appears maybe his finally might be. If I were McD I'd have to consider his injury situation and the things that set him back before now. I think I'd keep him.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
Elway777
Ring of Famer

I think its a tough call bewteen Moss and Crowder. Both players played real well. The Broncos might keep Moss over Crowder because they might be afraid if a another 3-4 team picks him up then could turn into a great player.I think they should be able to get a draft pick for Crowder. I prefer Crowder but would't mind if they keep Moss.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:22 AM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
I think its a tough call bewteen Moss and Crowder. Both players played real well. The Broncos might keep Moss over Crowder because they might be afraid if a another 3-4 team picks him up then could turn into a great player.I think they should be able to get a draft pick for Crowder. I prefer Crowder but would't mind if they keep Moss.
flush both of those draft turds.

i am sorry but Moss has done nothing to show he deserves a spot any longer on the team. just because he looked good against scrubs in the most meaningless preseason game of the year, doesn't mean anything, because when he is playing against real competition he is going to get washed out of plays and start sucking again or being a weekly inactive and we will all be wondering why a roster spot was wasted on him.

and with Crowder, he is just a waste, dump him too.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:53 AM   #9
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
flush both of those draft turds.

i am sorry but Moss has done nothing to show he deserves a spot any longer on the team. just because he looked good against scrubs in the most meaningless preseason game of the year, doesn't mean anything, because when he is playing against real competition he is going to get washed out of plays and start sucking again or being a weekly inactive and we will all be wondering why a roster spot was wasted on him.

and with Crowder, he is just a waste, dump him too.
Thank God you aren't part of the coaching staff.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #10
kent156
King of the Ants

yeah if the broncos played every teams 2rd and 3rd string players
kent156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #11
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

I thought he was surely gone prior to this game, now I'm not sure. I think he's right on the bubble, and might have shown enough last night to win a spot. My guess is that Crowder is gone.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #12
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Moss is definitely on the bubble. If he makes the team he is probably the #52 or #53 guy in.

To me what stands out about Moss is his play vs the run. Despite his lanky frame, there isn't another player on this team that plays the run better than Jarvis Moss. This isn't new either. It's not like this is the first time he has shown that ability. He is very consistent vs the run and each time he gets a little more time he shows something more vs the pass. He'll be a solid contributor for some team in the NFL. If it's not the Broncos I can certainly understand it b/c to this point he's been a bust for sure. But the light is on and you can see that he is finally getting "it" and the production is there. Everyone is talking about what he's done vs 2nd and 3rd stringers, IMO he's shown enough to get a shot vs 1st stringers... but I'm not the coach and can understand going in either direction. Also keep in mind that he plays STs. He is on both the first Punt Return Team and FG Block teams. Haven't noticed him on Kick coverage or anything else though.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #13
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
Moss is definitely on the bubble. If he makes the team he is probably the #52 or #53 guy in.

To me what stands out about Moss is his play vs the run. Despite his lanky frame, there isn't another player on this team that plays the run better than Jarvis Moss. This isn't new either. It's not like this is the first time he has shown that ability. He is very consistent vs the run and each time he gets a little more time he shows something more vs the pass. He'll be a solid contributor for some team in the NFL. If it's not the Broncos I can certainly understand it b/c to this point he's been a bust for sure. But the light is on and you can see that he is finally getting "it" and the production is there. Everyone is talking about what he's done vs 2nd and 3rd stringers, IMO he's shown enough to get a shot vs 1st stringers... but I'm not the coach and can understand going in either direction. Also keep in mind that he plays STs. He is on both the first Punt Return Team and FG Block teams. Haven't noticed him on Kick coverage or anything else though.
made the teckle on hester to save the td
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #14
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post

Ability and willingness to plays on ST is what going to play in his favor come Turk day.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #15
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Roster decisions will be even more difficult and interesting when other teams' cuts come out. You figure there will be at least a handful of cuts that the Broncos will have to at least consider taking a serious look at. So we could potentially have a player or two lose a roster spot to players who aren't even currently on the team.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #16
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

I hope Jarvis makes it. He has been effective in preseason especially at setting the edge on rushing plays to his side. Besides last night, it's been hard to tell how much his pass rushing has improved. They have him out there against the 2nd and 3rd teams, and it seems to me that those groups run the ball a lot more than the average 1st team.

I hope McD can see the hard work that Jarvis has put in, and the fact that he wants to be in Denver, as opposed to certain other Bronco players...
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #17
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Yeah he finally showed up against Arizona's 5th string.

We all know the only reason he's still in camp is so Denver didn't go after his signing bonus for quiting.

Say bye-bye to another Shanahan whiff.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #18
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I hope so. I hope so. I am rooting for him.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #19
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
It's tough to cut talent when you see it start to come of age, which it appears maybe his finally might be. If I were McD I'd have to consider his injury situation and the things that set him back before now. I think I'd keep him.
I agree. Especially considering who's been coaching him.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:08 AM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post
Yeah he finally showed up against Arizona's 5th string.

We all know the only reason he's still in camp is so Denver didn't go after his signing bonus for quiting.

Say bye-bye to another Shanahan whiff.
It wasn't 5th string. It was their 2nd and 3rd.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #21
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

He is a goner. Thx for the memories! Maybe after he is cut we can get back to talking about NFL caliber players.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:12 AM   #22
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

He played just like he did in the college championship game which got him drafted as high as he went and I'm not sure he's done enough over the entire preseason to save himself
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #23
Dukes
Ring of Famer

I hope he makes it. His anticipation of the snap and first step are incredible.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #24
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Everyone says it takes 3 years for Dline to develop and this is going to be his 3rd year...

He turned it on for the first time last night we gotta see if he can learn to do that every game/ every practice.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:22 AM   #25
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

I hope so
He is also playing special teams, so that will help his cause

He made some plays in the backfield last night, but his pass rush still doesnt impress me
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote