The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default Rookie head coaches - you think McDaniels has it rough?

Haley fires Gailey, has no o-line, receiver corps is crap, Cassell is hurt and will be battered all season

Cable commits attempted murder in the meeting room, drafted Heyward-Bey, has a 400-lb QB and has Al Davis meddling constantly.

And now this from TB:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-jagodzinski/

Morris has fired his OC in Tampa.

So, for everyone quick to write off McDaniels and the outlook in Denver, know that he's yet to ****can his OC. Yes, Cutler is gone, but things aren't as dreary as they may look. At least he's not firing coaches a week before the season starts. I'd be interested in reading some of papers from these other cities to see if their rookie HCs are dumped on as much as McDaniels.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Haley fires Gailey, has no o-line, receiver corps is crap, Cassell is hurt and will be battered all season

Cable commits attempted murder in the meeting room, drafted Heyward-Bey, has a 400-lb QB and has Al Davis meddling constantly.

And now this from TB:

So, for everyone quick to write off McDaniels and the outlook in Denver, know that he's yet to ****can his OC. Yes, Cutler is gone, but things aren't as dreary as they may look. At least he's not firing coaches a week before the season starts. I'd be interested in reading some of papers from these other cities to see if their rookie HCs are dumped on as much as McDaniels.
That is the thing, of all the rookie HC's Mcdaniels and the guy in Indy are the two who had it the easiest. They took over teams with significant talent and established systems and people.

The guy in Indy, aside from firing a few coaches has really not done much.

Mcdaniels and his new regime has really changed things up, Haley didn't mess up the O-line or the WR group, they were crap before he got there, Jamarcus was a fatass before Cable, Al Davis has been Al Davis longer than Tom Cable has been Tom Cable, not really his fault. Tampa has been disfunctional for a while.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Hellooooo? Branden Albert? Come on man, know your stuff!
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post

And now this from TB:

Ya, but there are low expectations in KC and Oakland - at least by any non-homeristic outlook. Following the SD debacle last year, Denver fan had a realistic view of the team going 8 & 8 or better. I dont know what Buc fan could reasonably expect, probably .500 or better, also. But Buc fan didnt watch his owner bring in a kid from another franchise who promptly ran off a franchise QB. So, if Cable and Haley struggle, it was expected anyways. If Morris struggles, it wont be as expected, but he will get a grace period. But if McGenius struggles, Denver fan will look at it and say, "we gave up Shanny, Cutler (and most likely Marshall) for this"
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

it is a weird year for rookie HCs but none of the other coaches compare to the negative press McDaniels has endured...

but the offseason is long so nothing else noteworthy to talk about so people just overanalyzed the same crap....

not one game has been played yet...

if McDaniels can somehow come in and win games right away, all this stuff will be forgotten...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...

The fact is, if he doesn't trade cutler none of the national press is on him...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Can you imagine if McD fired McCoy here? UPROAR. "McDummy doesnt know what he's doing...ZOOOOOMMMGGGGG"
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
The fact is, if he doesn't trade cutler none of the national press is on him...
i'd go a step further and say that if cutler didn't beg to get traded and go to every media outlet available to cry that the national press never goes beserk...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

At this point McDaniels has just about hit Rock Bottom. 50% of Bronco nation (at least) hate him. The national talking heads expect a 4 win season. He's dealt with all the malcontents, with Marshall pending.

Now the only question that remains is how he can actually perform AS A COACH.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The difference is those other coaches started out in a rough situation. Mcdaniels came to a pretty good situation and made it rough himself. I still can't understand fans actually defending his offseason moves. A couple more years of these decisions and we won't recover for a LONG time.

It will probably already be a long time actually. We aren't winning with a system QB any time soon. You need a good defense, special teams, and run game for that. We aren't getting an established QB because nobody in this league is as dumb as mcdaniels. So that leaves us with drafting a QB. Say we get one that works out next offseason, we still will have some years of development. Otherwise we get to wait about that same time for our defense to turn into one of the best. This is assuming they can scout and develope talent.

I am still waiting to wake up and realize I have just been having a horrible nightmare.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGcver2ver3 View Post
i'd go a step further and say that if cutler didn't beg to get traded and go to every media outlet available to cry that the national press never goes beserk...
had they kept him that would have died down by now... The act of actually moving him if keeping this thing alive.

I'm not placing bame here... every party involved screwed the pooch on this one. But if we keep him and force him to play the majority of this would have died out.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #12
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
had they kept him that would have died down by now... The act of actually moving him if keeping this thing alive.

I'm not placing bame here... every party involved screwed the pooch on this one. But if we keep him and force him to play the majority of this would have died out.
i don't disagree...
Old 09-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
The difference is those other coaches started out in a rough situation. Mcdaniels came to a pretty good situation and made it rough himself. I still can't understand fans actually defending his offseason moves. A couple more years of these decisions and we won't recover for a LONG time.
I won't attempt to defend McDaniels... yet. But shouldn't we at least let this play out a little - you know games that count, maybe even a full season - before we trade in our Orange and Blue jerseys?

Things are not always what they appear. For example, early last season it looked like we had the best young team in the league and we started out HOT. Hell even "Irv and Joe" were taking 12 to 13 wins, and Joe is the most pessimistic guy in Denver. Combine that with San Diego blowing it early on and it appeared we were a lock for the playoffs. But little did we know that we were about to witness a historic collapse. We were the same old Mike Shanahan late season collapse team masked with some high octane talent.

I am not hiding from the fact that things look bleak and its hard to be optimistic as we sit here today. But let's show a little patience and let this play out.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, the entire one media outlet he went to the one time is an insane number. Or maybe you count it as two because he gave a couple sentence comment when they bugged him at a basketball game.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #15
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedave View Post
the fact is, if he doesn't trade cutler none of the national press is on him...
end thread.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #16
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post
I won't attempt to defend McDaniels... yet. But shouldn't we at least let this play out a little - you know games that count, maybe even a full season - before we trade in our Orange and Blue jerseys?

Things are not always what they appear. For example, early last season it looked like we had the best young team in the league and we started out HOT. Hell even "Irv and Joe" were taking 12 to 13 wins, and Joe is the most pessimistic guy in Denver. Combine that with San Diego blowing it early on and it appeared we were a lock for the playoffs. But little did we know that we were about to witness a historic collapse. We were the same old Mike Shanahan late season collapse team masked with some high octane talent.

I am not hiding from the fact that things look bleak and its hard to be optimistic as we sit here today. But let's show a little patience and let this play out.
Not likely to happen for me. I feel the team is actually being hurt right now and I won't support the person responsible. Although, I will always support bowlen and I think he is also responsible$ I just tell myself that he is just the money and didn't know better. The guys he pays should have known better.

I also don't agree with this late season collapse theory. We have had a crazy number of injuries the last couple of years and we collapsed after those injuries. That can be blamed on depth which has been a problem. This team was still very good though and it was rebuilding. While rebuilding it looked like a very good team that could win 10 games last year before the injuries. This offense was made up of rookie-third year players and looked amazing. Of course they made youthful mistakes.

Things are as they appear more times than not. I have seen our players play and it isn't like this is ortons first year in the league.

I don't want you to get the impression that I am against change with this so I will say that I liked where we were going right up to the time that I heard cutler was involved in trade talks. That doesn't change if we only listened. All the same to me. Dumb.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #17
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Yeah, the entire one media outlet he went to the one time is an insane number. Or maybe you count it as two because he gave a couple sentence comment when they bugged him at a basketball game.
one media outlet?...

do you even have cable?...

if so, you may wanna upgrade from that one channel package you're sportin...
Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
one media outlet?...

do you even have cable?...

if so, you may wanna upgrade from that one channel package you're sportin...
Why don't you show me one or two interviews he gave during that time? Show me a single one other than the ones I mentioned. The first being the original cry "I can't believe they want to trade me" and the second being the basketball game.

BTW, I have direct tv with every sports channel available.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #19
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
I also don't agree with this late season collapse theory. We have had a crazy number of injuries the last couple of years and we collapsed after those injuries. That can be blamed on depth which has been a problem. This team was still very good though and it was rebuilding. While rebuilding it looked like a very good team that could win 10 games last year before the injuries. This offense was made up of rookie-third year players and looked amazing. Of course they made youthful mistakes.
You are being delusional -- no offense. We really only had significant injuries at one position, running back. And while those injuries were large in number, not one of those guys was anything more than a journeyman player. What really caused our collapse last year was a defense that was already awful and trending the wrong way. Combine that with a gun-slinger QB that thinks he has to score on every drive because he knows how bad his defense is, and you get shaky decision making at the QB decision. (And I'm being kind to Cutler, it's likely he would have made those same dumb decisions with a decent defense.) People like to reflect and believe that if Hillis doesn't go down, maybe we make the playoffs. Perhaps we would have eeked out one more win and backed in. But how bad would Indy have beaten us? Honestly.

Our defense has been bad and getting worse the last 3 years under Shanahan. I love how people think he was going to turn it around in one season and make this an 11 - 5 team. That's crazy. The guy couldn't even settle on a coordinator to run the defense, let alone pick a scheme or quality players to execute it.

Quote:
Things are as they appear more times than not. I have seen our players play and it isn't like this is ortons first year in the league.
I agree with the general premise that what you see is what you get. And I think its looks bleak right now. But Detroit went 4 - 0 last season and Indy went 0 - 4. That doesn't mean I think we'll win 12 games. But it does mean we could be better than 3 or 4 wins as many believe. And (gasp) maybe this team will get better as the season goes on. Perhaps with some chemistry, better learning of the playbook under game conditions, development of young players we'll actually be a better team at the end of the year than the beginning. Wouldn't that be something?!

Quote:
I don't want you to get the impression that I am against change with this so I will say that I liked where we were going right up to the time that I heard cutler was involved in trade talks. That doesn't change if we only listened. All the same to me. Dumb.
Let's do everyone a favor an put Culter behind us. It's over. And to be honest there is so much he-said-he-said going on, it's just about pure unknown on our part as to what really happened. Again, it sucks and I wish we could get a do-over. But we can't. Let's see how this team plays under a different QB. Orton has more wins than Cutler and has led a team to the playoffs. He may not be sexy, but that doesn't mean we can't win with him.

And once again, I'd like to point out that while Cutler has "all the tools" of a "franchise QB", he led the league last year in poor decision making. He also hasn't been on a winning team in nearly a decade. So we lost a lot of potential and a lot "face", but did we actually lose a lot of production? Let's wait and see.

Last edited by bloodsunday; 09-03-2009 at 10:40 AM..
Old 09-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #20
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You are being delusional -- no offense. We really only had significant injuries at one position, running back. And while those injuries were large in number, not one of those guys was anything more than a journeyman player. What really caused our collapse last year was a defense that was already awful and trending the wrong way. Combine that with a gun-slinger QB that thinks he has to score on every drive because he knows how bad his defense is, and you get shaky decision making at the QB decision. (And I'm being kind to Cutler, it's likely he would have made those same dumb decisions with a decent defense.) People like to reflect and believe that if Hillis doesn't go down, maybe we make the playoffs. Perhaps we would have eeked out one more win and backed in. But how bad would Indy have beaten us? Honestly.

Our defense has been bad and getting worse the last 3 years under Shanahan. I love how people think he was going to turn it around in one season and make this an 11 - 5 team. That's crazy. The guy couldn't even settle on a coordinator to run the defense, let alone pick a scheme or quality players to execute it.

I agree with the general premise that what you see is what you get. And I think its looks bleak right now. But Detroit went 4 - 0 last season and Indy went 0 - 4. That doesn't mean I think we'll win 12 games. But it does mean we could be better than 3 or 4 wins as many believe. And (gasp) maybe this team will get better as the season goes on. Perhaps with some chemistry, better learning of the playbook under game conditions, development of young players we'll actually be a better team at the end of the year than the beginning. Wouldn't that be something?!

Let's do everyone a favor an put Culter behind us. It's over. And to be honest there is so much he-said-he-said going on, it's just about pure unknown on our part as to what really happened. Again, it sucks and I wish we could get a do-over. But we can't. Let's see how this team plays under a different QB. Orton has more wins than Cutler and has led a team to the playoffs. He may not be sexy, but that doesn't mean we can't win with him.

And once again, I'd like to point out that while Cutler has "all the tools" of a "franchise QB", he led the league last year in poor decision making. He also hasn't been on a winning team in nearly a decade. So we lost a lot of potential and a lot "face", but did we actually lose a lot of production? Let's wait and see.
Only RB? Half our defense was on IR by the end of the year. The few that weren't were injured multiple games and not the same after (champ, DJ). We had injuries at reciever and TE. Our QB even got injured in NE but that was only for that game. The season before we had the most players on IR in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if it that is true for last year. What team were you watching?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #21
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Only RB? Half our defense was on IR by the end of the year. The few that weren't were injured multiple games and not the same after (champ, DJ). We had injuries at reciever and TE. Our QB even got injured in NE but that was only for that game. The season before we had the most players on IR in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if it that is true for last year. What team were you watching?
But how many of those players mattered? This "core" players, with the exception of Champ, played most of the season.

Some time teams put guys on IR because they are injured and they don't think they are worth bringing back -- like everyone one of our safeties last year!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #22
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

McDaniels has it rough because HE and HE alone made it rough on himself.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #23
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
But how many of those players mattered? This "core" players, with the exception of Champ, played most of the season.

Some time teams put guys on IR because they are injured and they don't think they are worth bringing back -- like everyone one of our safeties last year!
So playing with one secondary starter, no starting lbs, and a with a d-lineman out all at the same time doesn't affect anything? I disagree. The collapse started at this exact part of the season. Even with those we started doing ok again until hillis went down. Then dj and champ came back and we finished our season with no more wins.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #24
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
end thread.
You say that in a lot of threads but they keep going.

scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #25
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'd say McDip**** has it bad than all those coaches except Cable. Haley is a former OC. He is a good at calling plays for the offense. Morris, like Haley, has the attention and trust of his players.

McDip**** has his best players wanting out and has no obedience instilled in the team as seen by the neverending flags your team drew against the Bears.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote