The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Default Why do you trust Josh McDaniels to turn us into a winning football club?

People ask me this question all the time, they always point to the Cutler thing and ask how I can trust him and I answer with this.

I trust him because he came in and didn't just want to fix the defense and ignore everything else he came in and addressed all of our needs and especially our HUGE problems on offense and made a emphasis on becoming a real TEAM and playing together and focused on turning the team into a hard nosed tough football team, that plays good situational football. Thats why I trust him, because I was tired of watching a soft football team take the field every week and getting blown out by terrible teams like the lions basically playing down to our competition and watching my favorite football team start 7-3 or 5-2 every year and finish 8-8 or less and fail to make the playoffs since the 2005 season....thats why. This team needed a face lift and we got it even we don't start winning this season positive change is in effect.

how about you guys?
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
People ask me this question all the time, they always point to the Cutler thing and ask how I can trust him and I answer with this.

I trust him because he came in and didn't just want to fix the defense and ignore everything else he came in and addressed all of our needs and especially our HUGE problems on offense and made a emphasis on becoming a real TEAM and playing together and focused on turning the team into a hard nosed tough football team, that plays good situational football. Thats why I trust him, because I was tired of watching a soft football team take the field every week and getting blown out by terrible teams like the lions basically playing down to our competition and watching my favorite football team start 7-3 or 5-2 every year and finish 8-8 or less and fail to make the playoffs since the 2005 season....thats why. This team needed a face lift and we got it even we don't start winning this season positive change is in effect.

how about you guys?
I'm watching you on king of queens right now
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBronco_Doug View Post
I'm watching you on king of queens right now
lol

I would like to request my name be changed to McKevinJames to support my head coach
Old 08-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Because he’s experienced and comes from a great coaching tree.

joke
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

because i believe he'll hold players accountable...and he seems to be a motivator...and a bright offensive mind...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I dont trust him. I find him untrustworthy.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I like how he calls plays. People were bagging on his screens but its preseason. Not to mention the fact those screens work for the most part. The team just didn't execute properly. Too many penalties or Broncos would have scored on that first drive.

My faith in the kid comes from the fact he works really hard and has really good ideas for moving a football down the field. He's willing to adapt to the players he has and use all of there attributes.

I love his message of being more physical and bigger.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Because I know with his ego he coaches like his life is on the line. Winning is everything to him. It has been from day one.

Because, believe it or not, he was the OC on a very creative offense for several years. I believe he's creative enough to make a lesser team win games it shouldn't.

Because he doesn't tolerated diva behaviour and wants PLAYERS first and foremost. He's almost done taking out the trash in this area.

Because he cares about all 3 phases and is very particular.

Because he clearly has the kind of **** YOU attitude this team needs since we're never a favourite of the media or, since Elway, a lot of fans. He runs the ship and he has the self belief to do it his way.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

IF he last 3 years I will be shocked and amazed ...
He looks Fing lost out there . He doesn't even know when to use and not use a time out yet for the love of god.

It was funny last night they mentioned Josh played QB in high school , yet no mention of the fact his daddy benched a better QB to let his son play the glamor position . Which he sucked at ...

Josh has always been a arrogant , silver spoon having punk from the time he lived here till now ... I expect nothing to change.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #10
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:

how about you guys?
I've got to ask... What were the HUGE problems on offense?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

hmm I wonder what lex said, oh wait no I don't but if I had to guess it was probably "McDaniels is the devil" or something along those lines? Oh well looks like ill never find out.

I see this ignore feature working already.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #12
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
I've got to ask... What were the HUGE problems on offense?
Turnovers? Time of possession? Scoring in the red zone?

just a few that come to mind.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

And from what you have seen they are all fixed now?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:

How did he address them? Because those are all still HUGE problems.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:30 PM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
IF he last 3 years I will be shocked and amazed ...
He looks Fing lost out there . He doesn't even know when to use and not use a time out yet for the love of god.

It was funny last night they mentioned Josh played QB in high school , yet no mention of the fact his daddy benched a better QB to let his son play the glamor position . Which he sucked at ...

Josh has always been a arrogant , silver spoon having punk from the time he lived here till now ... I expect nothing to change.
So you have proof that his dad benched a more talented Qb to play his own kid? and in who's opinion was this other kid more talented?

BTW if you think playing for a top notch coaching legend that is your father isn't a pressure cooker type situation...well, don't take my word for it. Ask anyone else who has done likewise.

Josh told Andrea last night that his goal was to get all the players headed in the right direction...meaning team above personal accomplishments. Brandon Marshall isn't buying into it, and as a result will not be playing this preseason...hopefully his "time out' and some internal pressure from team leaders will convince this highly talented but troubled WR get with the program.

Last edited by errand; 08-31-2009 at 04:32 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #16
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
How did he address them? Because those are all still HUGE problems.
He is making an emphasis on this.

You can't expect it in the first 3 pre-season games.

at least he isn't ignoring this and continuing to stress that we need to do these things and each game we seem to get better at certain things but yeah problems still exist but its the third game in the pre-season in a new system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
And from what you have seen they are all fixed now?
did I say they were fixed?

no I said he is trying to change this team and fix the problems we had last year.

I never said they are completely fixed.

Last edited by KevinJames; 08-31-2009 at 04:35 PM..
Old 08-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I've watched every game and I have recorded every game. Its a small sample but I am a tad worried that if we get into a third and long we won't be able to make it up. With the league calling OL down field more then ever we might just be in a world of hurt.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:38 PM   #18
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:

at least he isn't ignoring this and continuing to stress that we need to do these things and each game we seem to get better at certain things but yeah problems still exist but its the third game in the pre-season in a new system.
Come on... EVERY coach makes Turnovers, T.O.P., and Red Zone an emphasis.

Shanny emphasized this, So did Philips, So Did Reeves... So do the other 31 head coaches in the NFL.

Those 3 terms are like the ABC's of coaching clichés.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #19
lifeafter elway
Solid Starter

I don't trust him. Cutler drama aside, he has done nothing to earn my trust. And, for the most part - the decisions he makes run contrary to what I believe will help us win.

BUT, I hope I am wrong. I accept there is a high probability that he knows more than I do about football. I am not overly concerned with the win/loss record this year. But, right now we look foolish at times.
lifeafter elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #20
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:

did I say they were fixed?

no I said he is trying to change this team and fix the problems we had last year.

I never said they are completely fixed.

"Trust" is a strong word, but I believe in what McDaniels is trying to do. Again, to me... the parallels between Shanny and him are hard to argue.

Besides some of the controversy, he comes from a similar mold... and I like his background, philosophy and approach. This reminds me very much of the mindset-change we saw when Shanahan came to town.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #21
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Read an article that states current Bronco Kenny Petersen, a former McKinley high teammate says he was a leader in the huddle during his high school career, and in the biggest game of his career vs. Massilon, McDaniels, who also was his team's PK, missed a game winning FG wide right ala Scott Norwood.

When asked how he felt being the guy who cost his team the win, he said (paraphrasing here) "God must have placed that burden on me because He knew I was strong enough to handle it"

The two teams met again in the playoffs and he hit current Broncos assistant to the head coach Mark Thewes with the game winning TD pass.

No mention of some alleged superior talent sitting the bench while all this was going on.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why has this country started this thing that all change is good change? That is so dumb. You have to make smart changes still. We have not changed for the better. You have to be kidding. McDaniel/Xander/this front office supporters will change their tune eventually. I just hope Bowlen does quickly. It shouldn't take long to see the results of this offseason for both us and the Bears.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:47 PM   #23
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Come on... EVERY coach makes Turnovers, T.O.P., and Red Zone an emphasis.

Shanny emphasized this, So did Philips, So Did Reeves... So do the other 31 head coaches in the NFL.

Those 3 terms are like the ABC's of coaching clichés.
Shanny may have emphasized it but he didn't execute it when Cut was here he let Cutler have free range which put a poor defensive unit on the field more than they should be. With Shanny and Cutler our defense was never fresh and he always put our defense in bad situations in terms of field position.

thats just my take on it tho.

so far were in the top 10 this pre-season in time of possession that is a step in the right direction, now its time to focus on the turnovers and red zone production.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:51 PM   #24
AbileneBroncoFan
Pro Bowler

Do your job.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

I trust him because he doesn't take **** from anyone, anytime, anywhere and he believes in the Lombardi mindset: if you're not first you're last; winning isn't everything it's the only thing; and winners never quit and quitters never win.

Jay Cutler wants to be bigger than the team, McDaniels says "**** you, go be bigger than the team in Chicago. We'll win without your candy ass."

Brandon Marshall wants to be a spoiled b**** and half ass his way through practice, McDaniels says, "**** you, see you in 2 weeks. We'll win without you."

It may be case where we have to take a step back to take 2 forward, but rest assured, the players in this league who are serious about winning have taken notice that the only acceptable thing in this organization now is winning. We are going to attract players who want to win in free agency, and incoming rookies are going to be taught that they are not anymore important than any of the other 50 players and that the only way they will have any success is if the team has success. That's how I view the last three years with Cutler and Marshall lighting it up. Sure they put up yards (not as many points as they should have though), but the bottom line is we did not win a single playoff game in that time, so those 3 seasons were failures, period. We no longer tolerate failure.
AbileneBroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:51 PM   #25
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

how about you guys?
I trust that he has solid skills as an offensive coordinator and a strategist. I don't trust that he can run an NFL organization as a HC w/ heavy GM-esque responsibilities, or be a manager outside of football related activities.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote