The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default Rodney Harrison's Comments on the Broncos HC.

Anyone else listen to Rodney speak about the Broncos HC last night?

I was expecting the typical ex-pro speaking without really saying anything.

In essesence Rodney said he knew the Broncos HC from his time as D assistant and explained the Broncos HC history coaching for the Patsy's. He said he felt that the Broncos HC was an open minded coach and didn't under stand why he would have any conflict with Cuter.

Rodney in response to a question from Collingsworth said that he felt trading the Franchise QB from Denver is the biggest mistake the Broncos HC has made so far as a head coach.

Rodney then talked about Jay being able to make all the throws and being athletic that he gave the D more to prep for than other QB's.

When Al asked Rodney to explain why the Broncos HC would want to trade for Matt Cassel Rodney said he could not understand why the Broncos HC would want to trade a Franchise QB for a career backup, "no offense to (Matt) I love the guy"

After the Challenge Al asks him why the Broncos HC would want Cassel and Rodney said that Matt was the Broncos HC "guy" and he wanted his guy and ended up having to deal with "the cards that were dealt" because of the fallout from wanting his guy.

He then went on to talk about Tom Terrific coming back etc...

I was impressed that Rodney felt he didn't have to be flashy or shocking in his debut interview like other retired pros who have gone into the booth and feel that they have to become a personality rather than use their football experience to add to a broadcast.

I still haven't found a full transcript on the IntERnets yet but there is this:

http://wildcat-4-life.blogs.cbssport...17795/16909254

I was impressed with Harrison and his take, and I was glad to hear him talk about the Broncos HC from his experience with him while at the Pats.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

I'm just flabbergasted that people still state, as if it was fact, that McDaniels came in and "shopped" Cutler in trades. What the ****? The only job these people have is to report on football and they can't even ****ing get it right?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

To be totally fair though, every QB in the league maybe besides Manning, would be a "career backup" behind Brady so if Josh wanted Cassell, him being the back up who had a great year could be understandable. And people still give Cutler way way too much credit for being an elite QB. He had a good season in terms of yardage but he still made a ton of mental mistakes and had yet to prove he could score with the elite level guys. I'm not saying I would have done the same, I've said I would have kept Cutler and sat his pouty ass down until he got over himself but I still don't think Cutler was an elite QB yet. He wasn't even the best QB in his 4 team division. Just saying.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
I'm just flabbergasted that people still state, as if it was fact, that McDaniels came in and "shopped" Cutler in trades. What the ****? The only job these people have is to report on football and they can't even ****ing get it right?
Your right, they did not shop Cutler, but they tried to aquire Cassel then lied to Cutler about it.

That all happened before the Calls not being made or not returned crap.

I liked what he said about the Broncos HC being open minded with the Pats yet having issues with Cutler after one or 2 meetings.

He talked about Ego's having a part in how it all played out but wouldn't go on to say much else.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Have you ever thought that all the guys that know everyone in business (players, coaches, GM, agents) are really reporting the truth and it not the spin that came from the Front Office?

To this day I think Cutler was blunt ass self with McDaniels which lead to McDaniels trying to prove who was boss and it snowballed from there.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Yeah I heard it, pretty much what everybody else has been saying, McKid screwed up! I do get sick of everybody calling Cutler a franchise quarterback, other than throwing for lots of yards, td's & interceptions, he hasn't proved he can carry a team to the playoffs just yet. Heck, if thats the case Jeff George is a franchise quarterback!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
To be totally fair though, every QB in the league maybe besides Manning, would be a "career backup" behind Brady so if Josh wanted Cassell, him being the back up who had a great year could be understandable. And people still give Cutler way way too much credit for being an elite QB. He had a good season in terms of yardage but he still made a ton of mental mistakes and had yet to prove he could score with the elite level guys. I'm not saying I would have done the same, I've said I would have kept Cutler and sat his pouty ass down until he got over himself but I still don't think Cutler was an elite QB yet. He wasn't even the best QB in his 4 team division. Just saying.

Ya, people do give Cutler to much props. I am not saying he is bad, just i am not calling him good yet.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Your right, they did not shop Cutler, but they tried to aquire Cassel then lied to Cutler about it.

That all happened before the Calls not being made or not returned crap.

I liked what he said about the Broncos HC being open minded with the Pats yet having issues with Cutler after one or 2 meetings.

He talked about Ego's having a part in how it all played out but wouldn't go on to say much else.
Haha I hate to open this up again But was it really trying to aquire Cassel? Or was it exploring the pros vs. cons of having Cassel + draft picks vs Cutler (who, we know, had already asked for a trade) because it was presented to them? I mean, every team has to evaluate offers like this.

In the NHL this year, Brian Burke stated no one on his roster was untouchable. "What about (super stud rookie defenseman) Luke Schenn?" one of the reporters asked. "Look if someone offers 10 first round picks for him, we'd have to talk" (not an exact quote, just going off memory). I always thought that applied here, they owe it to their team to explore any avenue that might improve it.

And that's all I got to say about that.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Ya, people do give Cutler to much props. I am not saying he is bad, just i am not calling him good yet.
He made a very weak Bears Receiving corps look pretty good on that 98 yard drive.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #10
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Have you ever thought that all the guys that know everyone in business (players, coaches, GM, agents) are really reporting the truth and it not the spin that came from the Front Office?

To this day I think Cutler was blunt ass self with McDaniels which lead to McDaniels trying to prove who was boss and it snowballed from there.
Haha I'm not gonna lie, I just assumed they're ignorant and too lazy to learn the facts.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
He made a very weak Bears Receiving corps look pretty good on that 98 yard drive.
and lets be honest about that drive, he was pretty lucky on a few occasions there. olsen saved his ass on that catch, and we dropped 1 easy pick, almost 2, after backing him deep into the endzone. good drive by the bears, but if this was week 4 or 5(after more practice in this defense), it never happens that way.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Haha I hate to open this up again But was it really trying to aquire Cassel? Or was it exploring the pros vs. cons of having Cassel + draft picks vs Cutler (who, we know, had already asked for a trade) because it was presented to them? I mean, every team has to evaluate offers like this.

And that's all I got to say about that.
I could live with it if the Broncos HC listened to an offer for Cassel then mentioned to Cutler "hey I got (or made)a call about Cassel, I will be listening to all offers that make this team better, we decided that your our guy but we will listen to any future offers that make the team better"

Instead the Broncos HC lied to Cutler, Cutler then got it leaked to him and the wheel fell off after that...
Old 08-31-2009, 02:32 PM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

What Rodney said is just more support for the take that Bowlen, not McD, ordered the Cutler trade.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
and lets be honest about that drive, he was pretty lucky on a few occasions there. olsen saved his ass on that catch, and we dropped 1 easy pick, almost 2, after backing him deep into the endzone. good drive by the bears, but if this was week 4 or 5(after more practice in this defense), it never happens that way.
Whatever you want to believe in UnicornHappyLand.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What Rodney said is just more support for the take that Bowlen, not McD, ordered the Cutler trade.
Good take,

I am guessing that the Broncos HC could not convice (or didn't try to convince) Bowlen he could handle Cutler after Cutler pissed Bowlen off by not returning the call that did or did not happen.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #16
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
Spin away. No matter what was said Culter lead 98 yard drive hitting all his WRs, TEs and backs on excellent passing. He showed excellent mobility in the pocket and did what a great QB does ` make plays.

I am rewatching the game now, that first almost pick was very good read by Goodman, but Hester showed his inexperience in running that route and not cutting fast enough.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #17
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I thought Harrison looked like he didn't know what he was talking about in this particular case. He was put on the spot and wanted to sound like he was on top of it so he regurgitated what he had "heard" as fact.

I liked his other commentary though. Still, hard to have respect for such a dirty player.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I thought Harrison looked like he didn't know what he was talking about in this particular case. He was put on the spot and wanted to sound like he was on top of it so he regurgitated what he had "heard" as fact.

I liked his other commentary though. Still, hard to have respect for such a dirty player.
I guess you weren't much of a Romo guy.

I thought Harrison was composed and knew what he was going to say. He didn't studder or pause like he was looking for words, he knew what he was going to say and talked well when redirected by Al to Brady.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He was spot on with his comments. Now the only question remaining is when will all the rest of the bronco fans wake up so we can move onto a real front office. I do not understand how mcd can get so much support while only doing damage to this team.

It does not make you a good fan to blindly support stuff that is bad for the team. I swear some would help hold the gun if this franchise made it public that they want to shoot themselves in the face. If you don't support that decision then you obviously aren't a good fan....

I can't wait for the Cowher years to start.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:46 PM   #20
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

The Broncos HC? Grow the **** up.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #21
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought he was just repeating what everyone has heard ad nauseum on ESPN and other outlets. No takes, nothing new or interesting, basically the same stuff with different words. Meh.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
The Broncos HC? Grow the **** up.
What's wrong with that?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
I thought he was just repeating what everyone has heard ad nauseum on ESPN and other outlets. No takes, nothing new or interesting, basically the same stuff with different words. Meh.
He was in the system, the Broncos HC coached the DB's, they worked together. If anything you would think Harrison would back his guy.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #24
tonngo0
Solid Starter

*yawn* *yawn* *yawn* *yawn* *yawn* *yawn*
tonngo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #25
Bronco Yoda

Quote:

It's also interesting that they fail to mention that Cutler wanted out as soon as Mike Shanahan and co. was axed. Bowlen sure has escaped all blame from this somehow.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote