The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Thank god we now know what really happened in the Cutler fiasco

Finally we can put this thing to rest. No more speculation, no more second guessing, we now know exactly what happened and it came right from Cutler's own mouth.

Cutler admits that there was never any real blow up between him and Josh. He was unhappy about the trade rumors and in their face to face meeting, was willing to finally put that aside if Josh would assure him that he would not trade him in the future. This is where the final ties were broken. Josh, as any coach would have done basically said I can't guarantee that, nobody is "untradable" and that wasn't good enough for Cutler so he wanted out for sure at that moment. Slice it up how you want and pick a side but it's finally nice to know what went down for real.

I have a hard time understanding why the Broncos gave in to Jay's request, he was under contract and they should have just told him too bad. But I can also see the side of a coach and organization saying to the player, you don't dictate to us if we can trade you or not, no player is above the team. I mean, you would have to check yourself if you're the owner and that's Brady or Manning saying that but Cutler hasn't done anything yet in the NFL to the level of those guys and certainly not to the point where he can go to the coach and owner and tell them how to run things.

Bottom line it's unfortunate how this all went down but moving forward is needed for both Cutler and the Broncos. They both seem to be doing just that, if only the whiners here could do the same.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Is there a link or something that you forgot to include?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Finally we can put this thing to rest. No more speculation, no more second guessing, we now know exactly what happened and it came right from Cutler's own mouth.

Cutler admits that there was never any real blow up between him and Josh. He was unhappy about the trade rumors and in their face to face meeting, was willing to finally put that aside if Josh would assure him that he would not trade him in the future. This is where the final ties were broken. Josh, as any coach would have done basically said I can't guarantee that, nobody is "untradable" and that wasn't good enough for Cutler so he wanted out for sure at that moment. Slice it up how you want and pick a side but it's finally nice to know what went down for real.

I have a hard time understanding why the Broncos gave in to Jay's request, he was under contract and they should have just told him too bad. But I can also see the side of a coach and organization saying to the player, you don't dictate to us if we can trade you or not, no player is above the team. I mean, you would have to check yourself if you're the owner and that's Brady or Manning saying that but Cutler hasn't done anything yet in the NFL to the level of those guys and certainly not to the point where he can go to the coach and owner and tell them how to run things.

Bottom line it's unfortunate how this all went down but moving forward is needed for both Cutler and the Broncos. They both seem to be doing just that, if only the whiners here could do the same.
and ?
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Did anyone hear Rodney Harrison during the late 3rd or early 4th Quarter?

He said a lot about the Broncos HC and his thoughts on how it went down. He said some very clear, direct stuff that in my mind hit the nail on the head.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
this was a canned response by jay last night.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

Quote:

Very simply, they gave into his request because Bowlen was insulted and he made it personal. He let his anger cloud his judgement when they should have at least waited until the draft and see if everything could be resolved.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

it still is not a good answer . it is a lets move on answer , and I agree ..There is more but who cares at this point I don't.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Hes Gone ok stop please stop the pain!

Please
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

there were reports out that the broncos did not think he was a franchise QB . Simple really .
Old 08-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Any coach worth his salt would take the deal with Cutler, promise not to trade him, then crawfish when you get a deal that you like...
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Hes Gone ok stop please stop the pain!

Please
Cutler is going to have a 15-16 year career! So long as Cutler is in the NFL the debate will continue. Get over yourself.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
ChSuperStar
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Anyone who feels it was good for this team to let go cutler.. last night was the answer. Next decade we will have to live with the pain of letting go a franchise QB with nothing to show for.

I dont think either picks we got.. smith or ayers will be as great as cutler will be in the next 10 years.
ChSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM   #13
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Any coach worth his salt would take the deal with Cutler, promise not to trade him, then crawfish when you get a deal that you like...
Yeah, promise not to trade him and let the player know that he is really the one running things around here. Next, it will be in the game and the coach calls a play and the player goes, uh I don't think so, I think I'm gonna run this play. Reports came from Chicago that Cutler, even though only being there for only a few weeks at that time, wanted to be in on the personnel decisions of the team. Do you see where all that leads to?

f Cutler really wanted to stay, he should have just got over the personal feelings about the trade rumors and moved on (as he said he was ready to), he should have just done that and forgot about trying to challenge the the Broncos FO with that "you can't trade me" crap. I mean, yeah, if that's Brady going to the FO after winning 3 Superbowls, it is a little different.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:28 AM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I have a hard time understanding why the Broncos gave in to Jay's request, he was under contract and they should have just told him too bad.
Bowlen can't remember.

Where is this link? And I tend to think at this late date, the incident is smoothed over. We will probably never know what really happened.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #15
Punisher

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Cutler is going to have a 15-16 year career! So long as Cutler is in the NFL the debate will continue. Get over yourself.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:31 AM   #16
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:32 AM   #17
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Anyone who watched the game saw it. I think NFL gets mad at video being linked and shown on websites so I wouldn't ask for that if I were you.....
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
Punisher

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&blue View Post
2nd
Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
I have a hard time understanding why the Broncos gave in to Jay's request, he was under contract and they should have just told him too bad.
and what if Cutler held out and did not come to camp? how do your prepare for a season with a new coach and new scheme and your #1 QB nowhere to be found? once they knew he was going to be unhappy and make things difficult, they had to get rid of him. the QB is more central to implementing the offense than a WR, which is something Marshall doesn't understand. but in the case of Cutler, once he'd burned the bridges (and make no mistake, Cutler was the one holding the matchbook in all of this), he had to go. better to do it before camp and before the draft than to wait until camp and see if he was going to show up or not.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #20
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

McD tried to play like a bad ass and lost Cutler. Bowlen then got personally insulted, and since he was feeling super powerful after getting rid of Shanhan, he decided to get rid of our best player, too.

In the end, our FO screwed the pooch, and now we are stuck in a complete rebuild with Orton as our QB.

Things could not have gone worse this off season.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:54 AM   #21
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
McD tried to play like a bad ass and lost Cutler. Bowlen then got personally insulted, and since he was feeling super powerful after getting rid of Shanhan, he decided to get rid of our best player, too.

In the end, our FO screwed the pooch, and now we are stuck in a complete rebuild with Orton as our QB.

Things could not have gone worse this off season.
that's just dumb. what's Bowlen supposed to do? bend over and say "thank you Jay, may i have another one?"

Bowlen signs the paychecks. everybody works for him. his employee was insubordinate. this employee had been treated VERY well by him and paid VERY well. that's more than insubordination... that's betrayal. Cutler had to go. he's a triple-chinned piece of s-h-i-t-e. good riddance.

Cutler hasn't accomplished anything yet. but he thinks he's the #1 QB in the game. he's another Jeff George. he'll be a flop in Chicago and 3 years from now, Bears fans will have grown weary of his act and his INTs in the redzone.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #22
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChSuperStar View Post
Anyone who feels it was good for this team to let go cutler.. last night was the answer. Next decade we will have to live with the pain of letting go a franchise QB with nothing to show for.

I dont think either picks we got.. smith or ayers will be as great as cutler will be in the next 10 years.
The only way to correct letting Cutler go is to replace Cutler with another Franchise caliber QB. Ayers and Moreno aren't Franchise QB's.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #23
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
that's just dumb. what's Bowlen supposed to do? bend over and say "thank you Jay, may i have another one?"

Bowlen signs the paychecks. everybody works for him. his employee was insubordinate. this employee had been treated VERY well by him and paid VERY well. that's more than insubordination... that's betrayal. Cutler had to go. he's a triple-chinned piece of s-h-i-t-e. good riddance.

Cutler hasn't accomplished anything yet. but he thinks he's the #1 QB in the game. he's another Jeff George. he'll be a flop in Chicago and 3 years from now, Bears fans will have grown weary of his act and his INTs in the redzone.
Three years from now.....who will the Broncos QB and HC be?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:02 PM   #24
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post

Bowlen put his pride over the success of his business, that is his right, he owns the show, but may not be the wisest thing to do.

You really worked yourself up over that one didn't you? take a chill-pill and get your blood pressure back down, then think rationally about it for a sec and realize that there is a reason the organization has a general manager, a director of pro personel and a COO, that way Bowlen doesn't have to get involved in player negotiations and relations, which is frankly not something he has experience or expertise in.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #25
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Three years from now.....who will the Broncos QB and HC be?
i don't think Orton is anything more than a placeholder, but i fully expect McD to be here in 2012. i also expect the Broncos to have more playoffs games and wins by then than Cutler and the Chicago Bears.

why don't you just admit that you have a mancrush on Cutler and follow him over to a Bears forum. you're clearly not a broncos fan.