The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels
Default Brian Dawkins - Redux

We haven't had any Dawkins highlight threads for quite a few months now so in honor of the coming season I am posting these videos I found on youtube. No doubt some of these were posted before but for those of you who don't really understand what we got in Dawkins i humbly share these vids with you.

In this video i'm struck by how much love the eagles fans have for dawkins. I know we only have him for a couple of years but I never really knew a lot about him until i watched all these videos. It is a great pleasure to watch somebody with so much love and passion for the game. Dawkins automatically makes our defense better just with the passion and ferocity in which he plays the game.

This video goes into depth on what makes Dawkins tick. After not really paying attention to this signing this off season i'm extremely happy to have a MAN of this caliber wearing a Denver Broncos uniform, it is a true honor:

So, just wanted to remind some of you (There are some of you out there) what we have in Dawkins and I cannot wait until the regular season to see him play, it's going to be a ride!
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 03:56 AM   #2
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

This guy is all heart. The young players on the team seemed to follow his lead. With out a doubt the new leader of the defense along with DJ. Even with a lost step, this guy is a force and is a pleasure to watch him wear the the orange and blue with pride.
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
This guy is all heart. The young players on the team seemed to follow his lead. With out a doubt the new leader of the defense along with DJ.
Champ's not a leader?

With that said, during the game last night I found myself thinking about how I never really watched Dawkins play before. I've definitely heard his name, but thanks for posting the vids. Hopefully he's able to give us some of that this year. I'm assuming we haven't really seen the passion yet because 1) he hasn't really had a chance to play besides last night and 2) it's PREseason.

Thank you Eagles fans for letting us borrow him. I understand he'll retire an Eagle, but thanks for this much needed leadership and passion. We'll return him in good form.

Last edited by El Guapo; 08-31-2009 at 05:49 AM..
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

so there are a couple guys in my neighborhood from Philly - they are obviously big, big fans of Dawkins. There is a rumor that when Denver comes to Philly this year, they will "orange out", that is, tons of Philly fans will show up wearing orange Denver #20 jerseys. A very classy move.

As far as what Dawkins brings to us - I was VERY impressed with the difference he made on the field. Dawkins was presonally responsible for at least two incompletions, and his tackling was much needed. Reminds me alot of Atwater - a hitting safety is just what this D has been missing since Lynch.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Philly fans, classy?
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 AM   #6
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Champs more of a quiet leader by way of example. I refer to the vocal, fiery, get in your face leader that breeds a passionate following by others. - Just a diffrent kind of leader we were missing, thats all.
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7 View Post
Philly fans, classy?
When it comes to Dawkins they are. They love him with as much passion as he plays the game, it was really an amazing thing to see. That would have been sweet if we could have gotten ray lewis too. Can you imagine these two on the same defense with champ??
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:47 AM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

He's going to be a huge help out there. You saw the difference with him in the game, even with that club-hand of his.

The worst thing about BD is that we're going to have to say goodbye to him too soon.

His presence is going to really help this defense play with confidence, which I think we're already beginning to see.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote