The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default I told you so

I must say I'm not surprised that so many would start threads and repeatedly post a number of I told you sos, but I'm still struck by the lameness and, really, the analytical dishonesty. To suggest somehow that the Bears showed us what's what is to not only ignore that this is preseason but to confuse and conflate a number of offseason story lines into one ubiquitous crow-eating session for McD and his supporters is asinine.

Sure Cutler looked great on the last drive, but before that our porous defense was preventing him and his offense from getting anything going. Before Orton's injury their numbers were nearly identical. Orton looked fine, and while the offense stalled, the penalties and the lack of Moreno, Gaffnay, and, yes, Marshall hurt. And beyond the last drive of the half, the defense looked better than I've seen it in years, but somehow that barely worths mentioning.

While this thread contributes the redundancy, I couldn't help myself. I just don't get how some of these clowns consider themselves fans. I mean to cheer the success of the opposing team is unforgivable.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
TheDave
Sauced...

We have a massive probelm at the QB position and the Bears don't... That's tough to get over.

Sorry, but it's a VERY impotant position and If I'm not mistaken the hardest one to find. We will probably spend the next several seasons looking for a new one.

Jabar Gaffney has a broken thumb... Thats going to hurt.

Brandon Marshall... That continues to hurt.

Kuper got injured

1st team Defense had moments yet still gave up 17 pts in a half.

We lost... again.

Sorry but I'm having trouble finding a bunch of positives.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
We have a massive probelm at the QB position and the Bears don't... That's tough to get over.

Sorry, but it's a VERY impotant position and If I'm not mistaken the hardest one to find. We will probably spend the next several seasons looking for a new one.

Kuper got injured

We lost... again.

First team D really only gave up 10. You cant blame them for a 3 yard drive...and if you don't see improvement in that, youre just looking to be negative
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
Malcontent
Life....on tap.

Got Mustard?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Mustard

I really think we can beat the Browns!!
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
I must say I'm not surprised that so many would start threads and repeatedly post a number of I told you sos, but I'm still struck by the lameness and, really, the analytical dishonesty. To suggest somehow that the Bears showed us what's what is to not only ignore that this is preseason but to confuse and conflate a number of offseason story lines into one ubiquitous crow-eating session for McD and his supporters is asinine.

Sure Cutler looked great on the last drive, but before that our porous defense was preventing him and his offense from getting anything going. Before Orton's injury their numbers were nearly identical. Orton looked fine, and while the offense stalled, the penalties and the lack of Moreno, Gaffnay, and, yes, Marshall hurt. And beyond the last drive of the half, the defense looked better than I've seen it in years, but somehow that barely worths mentioning.

While this thread contributes the redundancy, I couldn't help myself. I just don't get how some of these clowns consider themselves fans. I mean to cheer the success of the opposing team is unforgivable.
Agreed with everything EXCEPT the injuries coment! (I never raise the "what ifs" of injured players)
Until Cutler put together that ONE drive all I saw was 2 average QB's trying to dink and dunk their way to a touchdown. If cutler continues to struggle to find his WRs, his (media imposed) status as a "franchise QB" might be threatened!

Most interesting part of the entire night was the FINE journalistic contribution of that chick on the sideline (Anrea Cramer?), who said Champ Bailey believes that Brandon Marshall is no more than a "50/50" to come back to the team after his antics at training! Champ and the other vets are clearly annoyed! (Can anyone get a WORD FOR WORD account of that report?)
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

gosh dave...... try this cherry kool-aid..... it's yummy.
OHH YEAHHH.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

42 words.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #8
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Quote:
We'll disagree here. I don't think Orton is anything great. But a "massive problem" deserves consideration for overstatement of the day.

Quote:
My point wasn't to be pollyanneish here. But rather to dispel the notion that we got owned or at that McD and his supporters should eat crow. Hope that clarifies.

Last edited by Pseudofool; 08-30-2009 at 10:48 PM..
Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post
Agreed with everything EXCEPT the injuries coment! (I never raise the "what ifs" of injured players)
Until Cutler put together that ONE drive all I saw was 2 average QB's trying to dink and dunk their way to a touchdown. If cutler continues to struggle to find his WRs, his (media imposed) status as a "franchise QB" might be threatened!

Most interesting part of the entire night was the FINE journalistic contribution of that chick on the sideline (Anrea Cramer?), who said Champ Bailey believes that Brandon Marshall is no more than a "50/50" to come back to the team after his antics at training! Champ and the other vets are clearly annoyed! (Can anyone get a WORD FOR WORD account of that report?)
who gives a ****...... WINS are what count.... you really think were a better "team" without him?
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #10
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
42 words.
That's how I roll. And **** commas.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
First team D really only gave up 10. You cant blame them for a 3 yard drive...and if you don't see improvement in that, youre just looking to be negative
Sorry boss, but when your QB plays like ours, your going to have to defens a lot of short fields.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Sorry boss, but when your QB plays like ours, your going to have to defens a lot of short fields.
Ummm, So suddenly hester's HUGE return was the QBs fault? Wow. By the way, in the first two preseason games our offense moved the ball well. And lets not blame orton for todays performance (not all of it)..lets blame the GAZILLION PENALTIES we had on offense today. Open your ****ing eyes and think instead of just screaming.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Dave, I'm just not sure how you're 100% certain of this before we've played a single game. As the thread stated, their stats were about even until Kyle got hurt. Take away the ****ing penalties for us, and I'll guarantee you we would have put more points on the board.

Sure, Cutler will throw for more yardage this season. Doesn't mean he won't have problems, and it doesn't mean the Bears will go onto have more success than we will over the next few seasons. Plenty of teams have fancy QB yardage numbers and ****ty records. We should know all about that.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
We'll disagree here. I don't think Orton is anything great. But a "massive problem" deserves consideration for overstatement of the day.
Orton has played ike garbage for the majority of the preseason... If he plays like this in the regular season we have a massive problem.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #15
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Orton has played ike garbage for the majority of the preseason... If he plays like this in the regular season we have a massive problem.
He didn't play like garbage tonight, and he threw one bad pass after a WR missed a TD pass last week.

That's two weeks of pretty solid play. Far from garbage.

Not greatness, but not garbage, either. 92 QB rating tonight. Garbage?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post

Lets not over look the fact that one QB went to a team with a awesome OL and WRs with a QB friendly pass happy O and the other QB went to a team with a poor O and little weapons and a run first coach.

The fact is Orton really hasn't shown much other then the fact that he can maybe manage the team till he gets rattled I am less then impressed with OUR O.

Cutler looked like Cutler but with a D.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #17
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Dave, I'm just not sure how you're 100% certain of this before we've played a single game. As the thread stated, their stats were about even until Kyle got hurt. Take away the ****ing penalties for us, and I'll guarantee you we would have put more points on the board.

Sure, Cutler will throw for more yardage this season. Doesn't mean he won't have problems, and it doesn't mean the Bears will go onto have more success than we will over the next few seasons. Plenty of teams have fancy QB yardage numbers and ****ty records. We should know all about that.
You can qualify it all you want... Preseason, injuries, penalties etc.

We have watched him play for 3 games... I can only judge what I have seen. So far he is garbage.

He's thrown 1 td pass and 4 picks in almost 60 attemps with a sub 70 qb ratting...
Old 08-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
He didn't play like garbage tonight, and he threw one bad pass after a WR missed a TD pass last week.

Points pops we have to score points. I honestly am starting to think we might not even get to middle of the road in scoring this year.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Points pops we have to score points. I honestly am starting to think we might not even get to middle of the road in scoring this year.
Seriously, its a completely new offense and we are 3 PRESEASON games in. We're missing Moreno, Marshall, Gaffney...can we seriously give it at least 3 regular season games before we go bat**** crazy?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #20
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:

Sorry Popps but we don'y count "almost" TD passes... and tonights stat line read:

12/16 for 96 yards... That doesn't get it done in the NFL.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:07 PM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

Kuper got injured

We lost... again.

the 1st team defense gave up 10 points. give me a break on the 5 yard drive of the Bears. Hester is the one who turned momentum and fired up the Bears for the rest of the half.

Orton looked decent going up against a good defense until he got injured, and isn't a problem. i can't wait til the end of the season when his play has many posters here eating crow or claiming they believed in the guy all along.

i just hope Kuper and Orton are both fine and good to go for the season opener.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #22
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Pseudo, you are fooling yourself if you think Cutler and Orton "looked similar." They are nothing alike. Cutler did screens just as Orton did. The difference is that Cutler's were sharp lasers right on target. Only a blind-man could not see the difference. And of course, anything over 10 yards, Cutler looks heaps better. Cutler had a nice touch throw over defenders, and a longer laser right on target. Orton has had NOTHING amazing. No lasers, no deep balls, and even his medium throws are quite off. He can't seem to lead the receiver, and he has not scrambled at ALL. He cannot scramble.

I'm really hoping we can make due with what we have. But Orton has been severely underwhelming so far. He is at best, average. Griese Part II. We had a sharp QB, we decided we didn't want anyone with a temper, attitude, or anything else, so he is gone. I expect Marshall will soon follow. Leaving us with a bunch of average guys... but they WILL be "team players," so I guess we always have that!
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post
Pseudo, you are fooling yourself if you think Cutler and Orton "looked similar." They are nothing alike. Cutler did screens just as Orton did. The difference is that Cutler's were sharp lasers right on target. Only a blind-man could not see the difference. And of course, anything over 10 yards, Cutler looks heaps better. Cutler had a nice touch throw over defenders, and a longer laser right on target. Orton has had NOTHING amazing. No lasers, no deep balls, and even his medium throws are quite off. He can't seem to lead the receiver, and he has not scrambled at ALL. He cannot scramble.

I'm really hoping we can make due with what we have. But Orton has been severely underwhelming so far. He is at best, average. Griese Part II. We had a sharp QB, we decided we didn't want anyone with a temper, attitude, or anything else, so he is gone. I expect Marshall will soon follow. Leaving us with a bunch of average guys... but they WILL be "team players," so I guess we always have that!
No **** cutler is a better QB than orton, but did you really just compare how they throw screens?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Seriously, its a completely new offense and we are 3 PRESEASON games in. We're missing Moreno, Marshall, Gaffney...can we seriously give it at least 3 regular season games before we go bat**** crazy?
Ah so now talent is needed. What happened to the system is bigger then just one players? I mean don't get me wrong I'm not going bat whatever crazy, just being a fan. We have nothing to believe that we can count on Marshall this year. Moreno looks good so he should help, and I have nothing to say about Gaffney.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #25
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Is it about number or points? Because I'm almost certain I heard a few hundred times so far that it's supposed to be about points. Orton had by my count, either 1 or 0 first downs throwing the ball. Eddie took a short pass 19 yards mostly on his own and Hillis caught one but I can't remember if he was beyond the sticks or not. We had a grand total of 3 first downs in the first half with Orton in there. He did what he always does...throw 4 yard screens and similar stuff. With him in the game we got a measley 3 points and a whole lot of 3 and outs. Penalties are part of the game and the offense hardly should get a pass because they're commiting penalties. Frankly this offense looks like crap. We have almost no vertical passing game when Orton is in there, and the rushing game had 9 yards at halftime because the Bears were jamming the middle and bringing a safety...I don't think they figured they had much to fear over the top. In all honesty, at this point I'm wondering if the blocking schemes this unit is playing with are hurting them, or maybe their not used to them yet. In the second half it appeared the best runs were following the SZB system. I saw several decent runs which were 1 cut and go like we used to do.
Quote:
Who has actually cheered the other team so far? All I hear is people talking straight about what they're seeing. Yes some are still b****ing about the front office or McD but who is actually rooting against the team?

This whole sanctimoneous "good fan" crap is getting tiresome. You know what I think a good fan is? Someone who doesn't try to define for everyone else what a good fan is.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote