The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
garandman
Seasoned Veteran

Your in my sights!

Default Cutler 1 - Broncos FO 0

Well, it's painfully obvious now that Cutler appears to be a great QB (duh) and we made a mistake letting him go.
Collingsworth was spot on in expressing how this should have been handled differently, suspending Cutler and not letting him go would have been the way to go. It's going to be a long season guys.. Face it...

Flame away, I don't care. Keep defending McD all season as we become the new insignificant franchise of the NFL, replacing the Raiders...

We can all pretend that this is part of rebuilding a franchise, maybe it is, but we extended that rebuild much longer throwing away a great QB.

What a disaster, we deserve much better...
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
Well, it's painfully obvious now that Cutler appears to be a great QB (duh) and we made a mistake letting him go.
Collingsworth was spot on in expressing how this should have been handled differently, suspending Cutler and not letting him go would have been the way to go. It's going to be a long season guys.. Face it...

Flame away, I don't care. Keep defending McD all season as we become the new insignificant franchise of the NFL, replacing the Raiders...

We can all pretend that this is part of rebuilding a franchise, maybe it is, but we extended that rebuild much longer throwing away a great QB.

What a disaster, we deserve much better...
I agree with you, especially the last sentence, but there was no justification for suspending Cutler.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

You mean the same guy who was getting punked by our defense until the very last drive?

Oh yeah man, that was a great QB there! We're lost without him!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Why do people think this embarrassment will end in a season? Cutler will be in the league for at least 15 years.... and will be a painful reminder to our stupidity for a long long time....

As the announcers said today, this boneheaded trade is unparalleled in the history of any professional sports till date.....
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbloke View Post
Why do people think this embarrassment will end in a season? Cutler will be in the league for at least 15 years.... and will be a painful reminder to our stupidity for a long long time....

As the announcers said today, this boneheaded trade is unparalleled in the history of any professional sports till date.....
No, does "The Curse of Cutler" ring any bells?

Last edited by lex; 08-30-2009 at 09:52 PM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I agree with you, especially the last sentence, but there was no justification for suspending Cutler.
Then instead of throwing his own temper fit, Bowlen should have just said "see you in camp"... had his bluff been called, Cutler would have shown up for the mandatory camps... and then we wouldn't be seeing the (deja vu) same damn situation with Marshall (which is only happening because the precedent has already been set; the petulance worked for Cutler).

Our team will be better (offense more potent) with Marshall. And it would have been much better with Cutler too. It's unfortunate for the team that better diplomacy/tactics weren't utilized (cooler heads didn't prevail).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #7
Williams
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
Keep defending McD all season as we become the new insignificant franchise of the NFL, replacing the Raiders...

Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Cutler has gone his own way.....you can't convince me that he wanted to stay in Denver. Too much pressure measuring up to Elway.

I'm sure he's better off in Chicago where the pressure is nearly non-existent, and he has assumed god-status....just ask anybody who saw him do an average job tonight against a defense that was ranked last in scores given up in the year previous. Except for Hester's return that set up the first TD, I saw him underthrow wrs when pressured (thank you Brian Dawkins) and benefit from Hochuli NOT calling a hold on Pace before Dumervil knocked him around in his own endzone. Is that the all-world performance Chicago was expecting? Pretty blah if you ask me....especially for a guy that has already assumed HOF status without producing a winning season in his first 2.5 years
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #9
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

wow he scored a td in preseason. He is a god!I'm so sick of these cutler fanboys.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Cutler has gone his own way.....you can't convince me that he wanted to stay in Denver. Too much pressure measuring up to Elway.

I'm sure he's better off in Chicago where the pressure is nearly non-existent, and he has assumed god-status....just ask anybody who saw him do an average job tonight against a defense that was ranked last in scores given up in the year previous. Except for Hester's return that set up the first TD, I saw him underthrow wrs when pressured (thank you Brian Dawkins) and benefit from Hochuli NOT calling a hold on Pace before Dumervil knocked him around in his own endzone. Is that the all-world performance Chicago was expecting? Pretty blah if you ask me....especially for a guy that has already assumed HOF status without producing a winning season in his first 2.5 years
The point is... what Cutler wanted shouldn't have mattered; he was under contract and had no leverage to "force" anything if the front office had really wanted to keep him. The tactics he employed (and that Brandon is now trying) wouldn't have been effective except that the front office allowed them to be.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

He had one good drive. What, out of four or five? Against our supposed swiss-cheese defense. Yup.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #12
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
stopped here.....

serious.....he was the one....he knows it and in about 2 seasons eveyone here will too. The guy maybe a complete douche .....yeah he is ..... but the guy can throw the pill.''

it's revenge for getting elway in the colts trade .... im tellin you.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #13
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

The worst part about how McDaniels has handled both situation is he's been patient, almost to a fault with Brandon Marshall before video finally made the FO act. With Jay, he said he would show up for mandatory team functions but wouldn't be there for voluntary WO's. McDaniels went on to egg him on, bait him and all that.

Josh has a lot of growing up to do as a head coach. He's definitely been pushing the wrong buttons this offseason.

Jay got the last laugh tonight, and he will this season as Chicago should contend for the NFC with a potent offense, defense and special teams... 2/3's of what he never had here in Denver as he was expected to shoulder the load as a 2nd year starter.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Trading Cutler was one of the worst trades in nfl history. I still a Bronco fan and hope that the Broncos rebuild the team to compete for a Super bowl. It would have been fun to see Cutler and Marshall in McIdiot System but we can't change the past.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
The worst part about how McDaniels has handled both situation is he's been patient, almost to a fault with Brandon Marshall before video finally made the FO act. With Jay, he said he would show up for mandatory team functions but wouldn't be there for voluntary WO's. McDaniels went on to egg him on, bait him and all that.

Josh has a lot of growing up to do as a head coach. He's definitely been pushing the wrong buttons this offseason.

Jay got the last laugh tonight, and he will this season as Chicago should contend for the NFC with a potent offense, defense and special teams... 2/3's of what he never had here in Denver as he was expected to shoulder the load as a 2nd year starter.
I think McDaniels is baiting Marshall too... I mean, really. Favre and Vick cannot possibly have known their playbooks any better than Marshall would have... yet they were running with the starters and played in the very first exhibition games after they signed with the Vikes/Eagles (respectively). I don't buy the claim that "he can't practice with the starters because he doesn't know the playbook"... that's what preseason is for (getting to know the offense) and it can't be done anywhere near as effectively when the coach demotes a player the way McDaniels did.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #16
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
You mean the same guy who was getting punked by our defense until the very last drive?

Oh yeah man, that was a great QB there! We're lost without him!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
i'm with you. until the final drive of the half he was nothing special. it isn't like he came out and went 20-20 for 300 yards and 4 TDs, he had an ok game.

so many people are still so enamored with the guy and biter that he isn't here that they see decent play from him as HOF worthy.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Again... Playing quarterback is not merely throwing the football. To me, Cutler is the Vince Carter of football. Sure he looks pretty, but that doesn't mean he makes your team immeasurably better. Unlike Carter, I think he often makes it worse.

Cutler is not Elway (or even Tom Brady)...and he never will be.

And yes: this is an opinion I expressed while he still wore a Bronco uniform.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I'd say it's Cutler 2, Broncos FO 0.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #19
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
Trading Cutler was one of the worst trades in nfl history. I still a Bronco fan and hope that the Broncos rebuild the team to compete for a Super bowl. It would have been fun to see Cutler and Marshall in McIdiot System but we can't change the past.
The jury is still out on that and will be for quite some time as we see how Orton, Ayers, Smith, and Quinn proceed.

Cutler would chafe under the McD system, but Marshall would be a YAC beast. Cutler would be b****in about too many checkdowns and screens.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #20
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Whether or not you like Cutler or not and I don't, watching the game and it was easy to see what team had the better QB.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #21
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
To me, Cutler is the Vince Carter of football. Sure he looks pretty, but that doesn't mean he makes your team immeasurably better. Unlike Carter, I think he often makes it worse.
The hypocrisy in this forum is utterly amazing. The common refrain last yr was how Cutler virtually carried the team, and the only reason they were in the running for the division crown was because of his play. The D and ST conspired to lose games, and it was always incumbent upon him to find ways to win. Now the refrain is how pathetic he was, and how erodes a team. Many here care very little about their credibility over time.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
Whether or not you like Cutler or not and I don't, watching the game and it was easy to see what team had the better QB.
Seriously, when did this turn into an Orton vs Cutler debate as if they were traded for each other straight up. No ****ing **** cutler is the better qb
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
wow he scored a td in preseason. He is a god!I'm so sick of these cutler fanboys.
Dude, the franchise is set back 50 years. Face it.

(That's a very real, literal quote from one of these guys.)
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #24
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

The facts are the facts and if I was offered Jay Cutler for Ayers, Orton, and Smith (using Smith since we traded a 1st rounder next year), and a 3rd.

I'd take the young franchise QB in Jay Cutler.

Ayers has been a disappointment... he can't even beat out Mario. Smith hasn't wowed... and I guess Quinn is 1/2 the 3rd rounder and he's been meh.

Orton has done nothing to excite me with his noodle arm throws, bad decision making, and the fact that we've literally been limited to being a dink/dunk offense.

If you don't want Cutler you're not using logic you're only using your hate of him.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #25
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
The facts are the facts and if I was offered Jay Cutler for Ayers, Orton, and Smith (using Smith since we traded a 1st rounder next year), and a 3rd.

I'd take the young franchise QB in Jay Cutler.

Ayers has been a disappointment... he can't even beat out Mario. Smith hasn't wowed... and I guess Quinn is 1/2 the 3rd rounder and he's been meh.

Orton has done nothing to excite me with his noodle arm throws, bad decision making, and the fact that we've literally been limited to being a dink/dunk offense.

If you don't want Cutler you're not using logic you're only using your hate of him.
I totally agree with everything you said. Also trading Cutler made Marshall go crazy and the Broncos could also loose Marshall. The Broncos would be a top 5 offence with Cutler ,Marshall and McIdiots system. The Broncos would of been fun to watch and might of been a superbowl contender in a couple of years. Anybody that says Culter would not have do good in McIdiots system is crazy.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote