The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
ksBRONCOfan
I love beer and Broncos!

YUM-O!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Hello. My name is ...

Hello. My name is Jeremy. And I am a Broncos fan.
  • I was ready to move on past Shanahan.
  • I was disappointed in Cutler thinking he was above the Head Couch and the Owner.
  • I'm glad they traded the diva to Chicago
  • I was satisfied with the draft.
  • I'm disappointed that Marshall is acting the way he is and I don't want to see him traded or get a new contract this season.
  • I hope Marshall comes back from the suspension to be a teammate.
  • I hope once the season starts the quality of threads on the Orange Mane will increase and we can read something about the other players on the team.
  • I am looking forward to the season and can't wait to cheer for my Broncos week in and week out.

ksBRONCOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

I'm with you except for Marshall coming back. I don't ever want to see him in a Broncos uniform again.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
dreasher54
getting good

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darcel McBath

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
I'm with you except for Marshall coming back. I don't ever want to see him in a Broncos uniform again.

Agreed
dreasher54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksBRONCOfan View Post
Hello. My name is Jeremy. And I am a Broncos fan.
  • I was ready to move on past Shanahan.
  • I was disappointed in Cutler thinking he was above the Head Couch and the Owner.
  • I'm glad they traded the diva to Chicago
  • I was satisfied with the draft.
  • I'm disappointed that Marshall is acting the way he is and I don't want to see him traded or get a new contract this season.
  • I hope Marshall comes back from the suspension to be a teammate.
  • I hope once the season starts the quality of threads on the Orange Mane will increase and we can read something about the other players on the team.
  • I am looking forward to the season and can't wait to cheer for my Broncos week in and week out.

Baaaaaaah!

BTW, your name isnt Howard J. Turkstra is it?

Last edited by lex; 08-29-2009 at 11:06 AM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I dunno probably the best post I've read on the Mane in a long time. Rep.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksBRONCOfan View Post
[*]I hope once the season starts the quality of threads on the Orange Mane will increase.
Good thing you have other wishes.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It may be too late...

Montrose has left, and Kaylore seems to have disappeared as well.

Two of the best posters this place had, gone.

Other posters who I used to really enjoy reading opinions from have completely gone off the rails and immersed themselves in the bull**** 'with us or against us' attitude that's taken over the forum.

Mediator is probably the only name I'd be interested to see as the lost poster in a thread anymore, because he seems to be the only one with anything interesting left to say anymore.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post
I hope they come back. Two of the more rational voices out there, even with the "Orton looks like Brady" comment! Anybody heard from them?

Last edited by TonyR; 08-29-2009 at 11:34 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Baaaaaaah!
Don't mind Lex, he's the board's Pinata and a miserable bastard.

Here, Lex you've won again. Well done!!

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Maybe you could start contributing to that wish.

I don't know that the good posters have left for good. What's there to post or read on here but more of the same that has been posted over and over and over again? I hope once the season the quality of threads improves by people focusing not on another teams QB, but on the Broncos and wins or at least improvements that show the team is getting back to competitive. Either way the focus needs to shift to the Broncos as a whole, not single people.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Nice to see ya stick with your team. I dont know if BM can save face and actually be a team player and help out his own personal cause too. OM will get better once we separate those that are beatching about the Cutler/BMarshall/Front office drama and actually show us posters and lurkers that they can discuss actual football. That is my curiousity. Will Flame, Lex, BB and Atlas actually get back to what is on the field once the real season starts?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #12
ksBRONCOfan
I love beer and Broncos!

YUM-O!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltheway32 View Post
I hope once the season the quality of threads improves by people focusing not on another teams QB, but on the Broncos and wins or at least improvements that show the team is getting back to competitive. Either way the focus needs to shift to the Broncos as a whole, not single people.
That's exactly what I want to see. Most of these threads now I get halfway down the first page and I'm finding my way back to the thread list to see what else I don't want to read.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I thought this was a Slim Shady thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post

Two of the best posters this place had, gone.
There's a reason why all the posters who've left were pro-management types, it's called denial. When there's problems all around, in life or in football, some people identify the problems, and discuss what could have been done to avoid them in the future and what can be done to fix them.

Others squeeze their eyes closed, slap their hands over their ears, and sing "LA LA LA LA."

And now Rick Reilly - an unimpeachable source, especially on Denver matters - says Jay Cutler in fact DID call Bowlen back, more than once. How about that.

You can stick your head in the sand if you like, only coming out on Sunday afternoons, but my eyes are wide open, myself and most of us here are interested in the whole picture.

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 08-29-2009 at 11:49 AM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #14
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltheway32 View Post
Maybe you could start contributing to that wish.

Agreed, Popps and tsi and the very few others left who attack everybody who dares question coaches and management, should leave this board. It would be a better place if they did. Then the majority of us who question strategy would not be attacked as not "real fans."

There are plenty of cheerleader-type Broncos message boards where "seldom is heard a discouraging word." You guys would fit right in.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #15
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Nice to see ya stick with your team. I dont know if BM can save face and actually be a team player and help out his own personal cause too. OM will get better once we separate those that are beatching about the Cutler/BMarshall/Front office drama and actually show us posters and lurkers that they can discuss actual football. That is my curiousity. Will Flame, Lex, BB and Atlas actually get back to what is on the field once the real season starts?
Boo hoo.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

You want us to know your future action, Lex. Tell us now. Will week one be about actual football or you as the Ex Broncos fan like the former mormon groups telling us we are in a cult and you guys are here for our own good? Even though most of you guys are over the top, I havent left the Mane in a P.O. tantrum. I am waiting to see what you guys are about once the season starts. We have had your kind with the Fireshanahan.com guy here. But, regardless of where you will be, I still think you are a turd.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Nice to see ya stick with your team. OM will get better once we separate those that are beatching about the Cutler/BMarshall/Front office drama and actually show us posters and lurkers that they can discuss actual football. That is my curiousity. Will Flame, Lex, BB and Atlas actually get back to what is on the field once the real season starts?
WHAT?! So because I miss Cutler and regret we lost him, suddenly I'm not "sticking with my team."

You'd have fit in very well with the McCarthy hearings ...

"Isn't it true you call yourself a "Broncos
fan," yet again again you question and
even criticize team management?!"
Old 08-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #18
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

This thing has to play itself out on the field. And it will. Things will get better and eventually new battle lines will be drawn around new premises. Right now the "band wagon" is split in half. Once games start to be played, that is going to shift and the band wagon is going to move in one direction or the other. Whichever direction it moves, the forum will feel some relief because there will be a lot more agreement in that shift.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #19
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Will you guys quit crapping on this guys thread.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
I thought this was a Slim Shady thread ...

There's a reason why all the posters who've left were pro-management types, it's called denial. When there's problems all around, in life or in football, some people identify the problems, and discuss what could have been done to avoid them in the future and what can be done to fix them.

Others squeeze their eyes closed, slap their hands over their ears, and sing "LA LA LA LA."

And now Rick Reilly - an unimpeachable source, especially on Denver matters - says Jay Cutler in fact DID call Bowlen back, more than once. How about that.

You can stick your head in the sand if you like, only coming out on Sunday afternoons, but my eyes are wide open, myself and most of us here are interested in the whole picture.
McBuff, not even Cutler made that claim.

In fact, the only comment Cutler ever made about the calls was that he never received a call from Bowlen.

So how would he have returned calls he claims he never received?

It's simple, he didn't!
Old 08-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #21
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I dunno .... I kinda don't care about Jay anymore. I suppose tomorrow will be entertaining, even fun. But I'm about 1000x more interested in what Orton does than what Cutler does.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #22
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Agreed, Popps and tsi and the very few others left who attack everybody who dares question coaches and management, should leave this board. It would be a better place if they did. Then the majority of us who question strategy would not be attacked as not "real fans."

There are plenty of cheerleader-type Broncos message boards where "seldom is heard a discouraging word." You guys would fit right in.
Yeah, and people need to stop dwelling on Kaylore and Montrose. This divide has had many casualties. Atlas, for example, hasnt been pro-management and he is talking about his heart not being in this team currently. Bear in mind that this is the guy that has every Bronco game on tape over the past 20 years. I regard Atlas as a great Broncos fan. But according to the many pro management types, his devotion over the past 20 years means nothing--he's not a real fan.

Ive seen this kind of a divide before. Im a north sider and a Cubs fan. During the last couple of years of the Dusty Baker regime, we had the same discussions except with the Cubs there has been a more prominant past of bad owners sitting on money and not trying to win. You had two camps: 1) the blind support crowd; and 2) the the best way to effect change is to hit them in the pocket book by not going to games crowd. The first group would say "thick or thin", but in truth, a lot of them are like TailgateOvary and are in it as much for the party at Wrigley as they are for seeing the team win. The second group recognized that the best way to motivate management was to stop showing up to games even knowing there were tons of other people who would go to games in their place since Wrigley is such a tourist attraction.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #23
ksBRONCOfan
I love beer and Broncos!

YUM-O!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Will you guys quit crapping on this guys thread.
No thread is safe!!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #24
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
I dunno .... I kinda don't care about Jay anymore. I suppose tomorrow will be entertaining, even fun. But I'm about 1000x more interested in what Orton does than what Cutler does.
Me too.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #25
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
McBuff, not even Cutler made that claim.

In fact, the only comment Cutler ever made about the calls was that he never received a call from Bowlen.

So how would he have returned calls he claims he never received?

It's simple, he didn't!
I'm just quoting Reilly ... I don't even care anymore. It's interesting to learn what really happened, but it's like history class now. Although BTW, you're wrong about Cutler ... by that time he was zero comment.

Cutler was a crybaby ... I just wish we would have had experienced management types in place that could've soothed his little tantrum and made him happy, but oh well.