The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default Bobby Bethard, at age 72, won the 55 and older 2009 World Bodysurfing Championship

Not really football related but a cool story,

Bobby Bethard is truly one of the nicest people I have ever met.

http://www.theleucadiaproject.com/20...009-world.html
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

It's nice to know that there is life after being the Chargers GM.

bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter
Default

I can practically see Beathard's house from my balcony. He is indeed a nice man.

About nine years ago, I was driving by his house with a friend of mine who was also a Broncos fan. I told him this is where Beathard lives. My friend was intoxicated and yelled, "**** the Chargers!"

I immediately took a right turn and looking back in my rearview mirror I see both of Beathards' sons giving us the bird while looking outside the front window.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
JJJ
Ring of Famer
 
JJJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Confederation Helvetica
Posts: 2,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Ahh, this brings back those haunting memories of next year's first round pick being traded away every year for an unknown 2nd rounder from an obsure school.

Good thing you guys don't have that problem.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB52 View Post
I can practically see Beathard's house from my balcony. He is indeed a nice man.

About nine years ago, I was driving by his house with a friend of mine who was also a Broncos fan. I told him this is where Beathard lives. My friend was intoxicated and yelled, "**** the Chargers!"

I immediately took a right turn and looking back in my rearview mirror I see both of Beathards' sons giving us the bird while looking outside the front window.
Wow, we live REALLY close to each other. I live about a block away from his house.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
JJJ
Ring of Famer
 
JJJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Confederation Helvetica
Posts: 2,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Beard View Post
Wow, we live REALLY close to each other. I live about a block away from his house.
Man, alot of Donk fans in my old neighborhood.

Good coffee at the Pannikin.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Beard View Post
Wow, we live REALLY close to each other. I live about a block away from his house.
You guys must be LOADED! I'd love to live in Cali on the beach......what would $3600/mo(my current mortgage) get me?
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Beard View Post
Wow, we live REALLY close to each other. I live about a block away from his house.
WOW! What a small world. I am a few minutes walk from Grandview, Bar Leucadian and the Donut Shop.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,945

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Nice!
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
Ahh, this brings back those haunting memories of next year's first round pick being traded away every year for an unknown 2nd rounder from an obsure school.

Good thing you guys don't have that problem.
I hate you.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:06 AM   #11
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB52 View Post
WOW! What a small world. I am a few minutes walk from Grandview, Bar Leucadian and the Donut Shop.
We will have to meet up some time. I am right by Grandview.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
You guys must be LOADED! I'd love to live in Cali on the beach......what would $3600/mo(my current mortgage) get me?
Let see 3600 to live on the beach in SoCal or 3600 to live in Frisco Tx....pretty much a no brainier.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Denver Broncos