The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Default "Not much support for Marshall among players"

http://gazettebroncos.freedombloggin...-players/1217/

Quote:
Not much support for Marshall among players
August 28th, 2009, 4:11 pm 3 Comments posted by Frank Schwab

Brandon Stokley said he knew on Wednesday, when receiver Brandon Marshall punted the ball in practice, that some punishment was coming.

"You just can't do those kinds of things," Stokley said. "I knew that was probably the final straw."

On Friday, Marshall was suspended for the final two preseason games for conduct detrimental to the team. Stokley said the team wouldn't let it be a distraction, but admitted that it offended him to have a teammate act like Marshall did in practice.

"It does, because we're all trying to win games and you can't have that," Stokley said. "You can't have those distractions and you can't have somebody acting like that. We're all out here working hard, trying to win games, and we want him to be a part of that."

Tight end Daniel Graham found Marshall's actions unbecoming as well.

"It's offensive a little bit," Graham said. "Everybody is out here working hard towards our ultimate goal. To have a teammate like that do what he's doing right now is disappointing to the rest of the guys. But we're still focused on what our goal is."

Stokley said he hoped Marshall will come back refocused.

"Maybe the light bulb will go off and he'll come out and be ready to play some football and help us win games," Stokley said.

Stokley said he is confident in what the team has at receiver. After all, Marshall has barely practiced with the team since the end of last season.

"He hasn't really been around and he hasn't helped us since the offseason, so nobody knows what they're missing," Stokley said.

Safety Brian Dawkins said the matter will be handled internally, and didn't believe Marshall would have a hard time being welcomed back to the team.

"I don't think so," Dawkins said. "Things will be worked out the way they need to be worked out in time."

This isn't Dawkins' first time around a suspended wide receiver. He was in Philadelphia in 2005 when Terrell Owens was suspended after being a year-long spectacle.

"A lot crazier with T.O," Dawkins said. "A lot crazier."
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Hell, even Josina's admits this now: http://twitter.com/josinaanderson

"This fiasco lost him some points with teammates. Explain later but soon. Out."

"For anyone keeping score, leverage squarely back in McDaniels hands. Unintended collateral. Wow."
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Josina is a hack
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKid A View Post

"For anyone keeping score, leverage squarely back in McDaniels hands. Unintended collateral. Wow."
That's hilarious if she (and Brandon) actually thought people would be on Brandon's side after what he pulled the other day.

They're 2 peas in a pod.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:

God I hate her...

But if she is right this might be our only chance of him cleaning up his act and playing this season...

What am I saying... He's an idiot.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Just wondering where all the Marshall Lover's are these days
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I know us mortals don't really know what it would be like to be a pro athlete. But man could you imagine how cool it would be to be Brandon Marshall. To have that ability playing for the Broncos? I mean that's like a dream for all of us sort of I would think.

To just piss on it because 3 mill a yr not enough, when your so young, hell next yr prob the payday. It's logical, players with no problems or redflags get resigned earlier then ones that have those things. Marshall should realize that.

It's just a total bummer he feels this is the way to go. Man go out and get with your buddies on the team and play for the them and the fans. You do that, and play well, and I say 100% he gets big money next yr.

to do this 300 or so days before you would have gotten rich is a joke.

if I were agent I would get him insured for career ending injury. I would think for what 100 grand you could get 10 mil in coverage. I'm totally guessing though.

Then tell him play hard and you will get a huge contract.

Maybe Brandon doubts his ability to have a big yr. Maybe the hip a problem. Maybe the arm still numb and it spread to his head. Who knows but this clown totally blew it with his latest antics.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

now would be a good time for Marshall to learn that playbook
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Just wondering where all the Marshall Lover's are these days
I can only speak for myself, but I LOVED the way the kid played the game. His off field antics were tiresome at best, but on the field he was a monster.

This stunt showed me that he will now be performing his off field antics 24/7...

No Thanks... I'll punt
Old 08-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

That's just it...you can love the way he plays on the field but yet if you call him out for his antics, you are labeled as a "hater"...
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
now would be a good time for Marshall to learn that playbook
McDaniels says there is no playbook in this offense, they hand out worksheets at every practice.

I didn't watch the whole presser, but according the Sandy Clough, McDaniels said this morning that Brandon has been at the practices and been to the meetings and he has absolutely no reason not to know the offense.

Clough then speculated that it was probably a calculated move on Marshall's part to play dumb.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #12
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran

If I could ask Marshall one question, it would be what he thinks D-Will would think of his behavior if he were still alive. Sadly, I doubt Marshall even gives that night a thought anymore, or his fallen teammate.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
That's just it...you can love the way he plays on the field but yet if you call him out for his antics, you are labeled as a "hater"...
I'm pretty sure I never did that, and I can gaurantee that won't happen anymore.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #14
yerner
Ring of Famer

so lets see the broncos have some balls and trade him or release him. supposedly mcdaniels doesn't need talent. there is no way marshall comes back and plays like he cares that's obvious . you can't punish a guy that has no interest in being there, he's already gone. come little big man trade him already..
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #15
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsco70 View Post
If I could ask Marshall one question, it would be what he thinks D-Will would think of his behavior if he were still alive. Sadly, I doubt Marshall even gives that night a thought anymore, or his fallen teammate.
or does he even have remorse over his role in the escalation that contributed to D-Will's death?

it could have easily been BMarsh who was shot ... he should be grateful to be alive and have the ability to play in the NFL.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #16
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

If anything can put pressure on Marshall to pull his head out it will be his teammates. For all the bluster all players know it is a team sport. To be called out by your peers will have a effect on him. Let's hope it is a positive affect.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
The players aren't stupid,,,,,,,they are well aware who pays their salaries.

McDaniels: Hey Orton whats your opinon on Bmarsh's antics and behavior.

Orton: He's a freaking idiot. I don't want that women beater on my team. Get rid of his ass b/c I don't want him critizing me when I throw him weak-ass passes!!!

Orton: Coach how did I do?

McDaniels: Kyle.....you know what? I can see you coming back to Denver in 010, even if you stink up the joint in 09. A struggling unprepared young coach can't never have enough YES MEN!!!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #18
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMT View Post
or does he even have remorse over his role in the escalation that contributed to D-Will's death?

it could have easily been BMarsh who was shot ... he should be grateful to be alive and have the ability to play in the NFL.
So I guess you won't be going out to any night clubs with Brandon Marshall....RIGHT!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post

McDaniels: Hey Orton whats your opinon on Bmarsh's antics and behavior.

Orton: He's a freaking idiot. I don't want that women beater on my team. Get rid of his ass b/c I don't want him critizing me when I throw him weak-ass passes!!!

Orton: Coach how did I do?

McDaniels: Kyle.....you know what? I can see you coming back to Denver in 010, even if you stink up the joint in 09. A struggling unprepared young coach can't never have enough YES MEN!!!

You really should go into stand up comedy. Your material is that good
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Doesn't Josina say "explain later" kind of a lot?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #21
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

It's unfortunate Stokely wasn't around this time to babysit Marshall, perhaps if Stokely would have stopped Marshall from his punting fit he could have saved him... again.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #22
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsco70 View Post
Well wasn't D-Will getting paid 2nd round pick money? And another thing why do you want to bring up D-Wills murder just to add fuel to an already bad situation.

But hey, if you like let continue playing the D-will card. Who knows, perhaps Bowlen feels the same way you do about D-Wills death and blames Brandon...could this be the reason deep down Bowlen refuses to give Marshall a new contract.......
Old 08-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Some of them may also be professionals and adults and realize that neither act the way Brandon Marshall did. Something that you clearly wouldn't know about....
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #24
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
...come little big man trade him already..
This must really suck for you McD haters seeing the team side with the coach over Marshall.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #25
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You really should go into stand up comedy. Your material is that good
All kidding aside.....I don't think Brandon is out there on an island as far as his teammates are concerned b/c to a man many of his teammates know they could find themselves in Brandon's same shoes. Life is funny like that. Brandon has his confederates among his teammates and some players are coy enough to make McDaniel's believe they've bought off totally on his coaching philosopy but don't really trust him yet.