The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #51
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,553
Default

I wish Bruce Gradkowski was still out there (on Raiders roster)....he would be a decent fit for this offense and worth a look.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #52
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

NE has four QBs on the roster its only a matter of time till Kevin O'Connell is a Broncos
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #53
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I wish Bruce Gradkowski was still out there (on Raiders roster)....he would be a decent fit for this offense and worth a look.
Agreed ... he's exactly the kind of guy I had in mind when I suggested we look for a third guy

Unfortunately, the reality is it's the Andrew Walters of the world who are available.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #54
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBroncoBuff View Post
Agreed ... he's exactly the kind of guy I had in mind when I suggested we look for a third guy

Unfortunately, the reality is it's the Andrew Walters of the world who are available.
Walters is a Pat.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #55
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
Thought I knew all the cusswords in the book, so what the hell is THAT monstrosity eleven letters in length?

Been trying to figure this out for a minute or two
**********s? c0ck$uck3rs
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #56
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Some of you guys are a joke. For real. This guy is here only because Simms got injured. There is no reason to believe Brandstater was even going to play, and it clearly showed that he's so far behind everybody else. He's probably more of a 2 year project for McD so to say they don't like Brandstater and this guy is here to replace him or compete with him is highly unlikely.


..............and this totally has to be addressed right now
McBroncoBuff - "Orton has really sucked so far, whether you choose to accept that or not."

Dude, it's obvious you don't like Orton but saying he has sucked so far is not accurate what so ever. Yes, he was very bad in the first game. But he was excellent in the last game. He moved the ball and if not for some butter fingers, he would have 2 TD's and no INT's. It's obvious when you say Orton sucked in the last game that you have no idea what you are talking about.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #57
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Some of you guys are a joke. For real. This guy is here only because Simms got injured. There is no reason to believe Brandstater was even going to play, and it clearly showed that he's so far behind everybody else. He's probably more of a 2 year project for McD so to say they don't like Brandstater and this guy is here to replace him or compete with him is highly unlikely.


..............and this totally has to be addressed right now
McBroncoBuff - "Orton has really sucked so far, whether you choose to accept that or not."

Dude, it's obvious you don't like Orton but saying he has sucked so far is not accurate what so ever. Yes, he was very bad in the first game. But he was excellent in the last game. He moved the ball and if not for some butter fingers, he would have 2 TD's and no INT's. It's obvious when you say Orton sucked in the last game that you have no idea what you are talking about.
This gets really old. Almost isn't a stat you don't get points for near catches and you don't lose the ball for near picks. You can claim that he almost had two TDs all you want but at the same time you turn your head to the fact that on the first TD drive he had a pass hit the defender in the hands and he dropped the ball. Thats 0 TDs and 2 INTs. I can go either way but neither happened. 1 TD and 1 INT period.

The fact is he moved the ball very well till the INT then after that the team seemed to stop. It was a very big improvement from the first game, but I do worry about his head when he does make a mistake. I would like to see him preform better after he makes a mistake.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #58
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,458

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #59
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
..............and this totally has to be addressed right now
McBroncoBuff - "Orton has really sucked so far, whether you choose to accept that or not."

Dude, it's obvious you don't like Orton but saying he has sucked so far is not accurate what so ever. Yes, he was very bad in the first game. But he was excellent in the last game. He moved the ball and if not for some butter fingers, he would have 2 TD's and no INT's.
Butterfingers? Seriously, butterfingers?!

"Butterfingers" was Ken Lucas dropping Kyle's first interception. If not for that "butterfingers," Orton would have 2 Ints and 0 TDs ... or 5 Ints and 0 TDs in the first two games.

Orton has sucked so far ... please don't let the dink and dunk training wheels screen pass show convince you otherwise. If he wants to convince me otherwise, he'll have to do better than one measley touchdown in 4 1/2 quarters. Especially with that supporting cast.

I can't believe anyone can see it differently.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA
It's obvious when you say Orton sucked in the last game that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Actually I know a great deal what I'm talking about, I just reach a different conclusion that you do. One TD in 4 1/2 quarters has you optimistic about Orton, fine. We just disagree.

Simms on the other hand has TWO touchdown passes in just two quarters. And 0 interceptions. With the 2nd stringers ... wow!

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 08-26-2009 at 01:08 AM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:05 AM   #60
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
This gets really old. Almost isn't a stat you don't get points for near catches and you don't lose the ball for near picks. You can claim that he almost had two TDs all you want but at the same time you turn your head to the fact that on the first TD drive he had a pass hit the defender in the hands and he dropped the ball. Thats 0 TDs and 2 INTs. I can go either way but neither happened. 1 TD and 1 INT period.

The fact is he moved the ball very well till the INT then after that the team seemed to stop. It was a very big improvement from the first game, but I do worry about his head when he does make a mistake. I would like to see him preform better after he makes a mistake.
JINX ... you owe me a Coke

Actually, I'm semi-optimistic about Kyle. It won't come super quick, but I think he will come along.

I still like Simms more, too bad about the injury. Even with Josh so heavily invested in Kyle, another great 49er-like performance against Seattle might have just forced a change. Probably too late now, but we'll see.

Still, my opinion remains we need to find somebody on the waiver wire or through trade,and should carry three for now. Might be trying that with this guy.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:44 AM   #61
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBroncoBuff View Post
JINX ... you owe me a Coke

Actually, I'm semi-optimistic about Kyle. It won't come super quick, but I think he will come along.

I still like Simms more, too bad about the injury. Even with Josh so heavily invested in Kyle, another great 49er-like performance against Seattle might have just forced a change. Probably too late now, but we'll see.

Still, my opinion remains we need to find somebody on the waiver wire or through trade,and should carry three for now. Might be trying that with this guy.
No No No. No waiver wire QB's. Remember, everybody likes to say Orton is McD's guy but that's really not a true and fair assessment. Jay needed to be traded (and let's not get into all that stuff) and the Broncos were asking for 2 first round picks. Orton was thrown in the package. Okay fine. When this first went down, almost everybody was really talking about Orton as a stop gap QB until McD had time to groom a late round pick (which would take a few years, as expected) or until we had a chance to take a QB high in the draft. I don't think McD liked anybody that came out this year enough to trade up to get them. I've been on the record saying that I think Bradford would be the best guy to "go after" meaning he would be worth giving up picks and players for in order to get him. Back to Orton, I think he's going to continue to improve and I would love to have him as a career back up to who ever we get in the future to be our 1st string QB. Can we eventually win with Orton, yeah, I think we could in a few years once the defense gets better but I don't think this team will ever seriously contend for a superbowl with Orton. I only defend Orton in the context that he hasn't had but just a few months of learning this new system and only 2 preseason games to showcase just where he is. But I don't get all down and out because I know this team is in a serious transition and it's going to take time. I also like Simms very much but as with Orton, I don't think either are long term solutions. But I can't stand when people go ape sh*t on McD like he's the only HC (with some GM responsibilities obviously) to make mistakes. I mean, what do people expect, for him to be Bill Walsh in year 1? Cmon now, gimme a flippin break.

I honestly believe he's gonna get this whole thing turned around in a few years and alot of people around here will be singing his praises. Yes, there is nothing to really base that on but just the same, there is really nothing to say he won't either. I think more people around here need to quit moaning over every little thing that happens right now and just TRY to enjoy Broncos football. It's going to be hard times for the next few years but we've been through that before.

Peace
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 AM   #62
meangene
Ring of Famer
 
meangene's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,093
Default

I'm thinking we are not going to keep three QB's on the final roster. We are looking at some guys for the practice squad if Brandstater gets claimed on waivers. Or, we could just not be that impressed with him. Either way, I think we carry two QB's.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #63
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,827

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBroncoBuff View Post
I wasn't offended really ..... and yes, Kyle was fine with the training wheels on, in fact he was very good with the dink and dunk between the 20s. But my opinion is - my OPINION is - that Josh put on the dink and dunk screen pass training wheels because of all the picks against SF. It's also my OPINION that Ken Lucas dropped an Orton interception in the end zone on the first drive in Seattle.

These are opinions.
Ok and I respect your opinion! I just don't always seem that way when I post.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #64
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Hoya Saxa!!

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DC
Posts: 921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
Thought I knew all the cusswords in the book, so what the hell is THAT monstrosity eleven letters in length?

Been trying to figure this out for a minute or two
Rhymes with "rockchucker"
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #65
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,703

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

I'm thinking multiple super bowls now.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Denver Broncos