The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #26
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Wonder if this has something to do with Simms injury?
Never new Simms would be injured so early. I expected him to last at least 8 weeks.

Any one interested in Duante Culpepper!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #27
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

He sounds like he's got better talent than Brandstater: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingle_Martin
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #28
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
But...but...but, I thought we were in great shape with Orton, Simms and Brandstater?
I didnt really think it would be you that threw out the first retarded post.

Unless of course this was in jest.

Ingle is here for 1 of 2 reasons.

1) Just to hold the fort while Simms heels.
2) They really dont like Brandstater and is playing for 3rd string.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #29
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,032
Default

Give me Joey Freaking Harrington please.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #30
DarkHorse
RPM Racer
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 4,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley
Default

Jeff George anyone?


DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #31
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Who knows? This dude might wind up better than what we got:

http://foxsports.foxnews.com/other/s...-Draft-Profile

HARRY INGLE MARTIN, IV
Quarterback/Punter
Furman University Paladins
#15
6:02.2-224
Nashville, Tennessee
University of Florida
Montgomery Bell Academy


OVERVIEW

The former University of Florida product found a home with the Paladins after transferring to Furman in 2004. He started every game during his final two seasons, setting new school records for passing yards (5,761), passing touchdowns (42) and total offense (6,277) while finishing second in career touchdown responsible for (50) and passing efficiency (147.65), and third in completion percentage (61.3 percent, 410 for 669).

Martin also established new Furman single-season records for passing yards (2,959), passing touchdowns (22), total offense (3,193) and touchdowns responsible for (25), while recording the third-best punting average in school history (43.2) in 2005.

Martin was considered one of the nation's top prep quarterbacks in 2000 at Montgomery Bell Academy. He was named to the prestigious Parade All-American team, adding national honors from Prep Star, Super Prep and National Bluechips. He was ranked among the nation's top twenty quarterbacks by Prep Football Report and Super Prep ranked him the top player in the state of Tennessee.

Martin was a two-time Division II Player of the Year in Tennessee. He led Montgomery Bell to three consecutive Tennessee state championships with 32 consecutive wins and final USA Today National Top 25 rankings in both 1999 and 2000. As a senior, he completed 62 of 137 passes for 964 yards with seven touchdowns and also rushed for 935 yards. As a junior, he completed 97 of 140 passes for 1,450 yards and 14 touchdowns. He was 6-for-9 on field goal attempts in 2000 with three field goals of longer than 50 yards, including a school-record 56-yarder.

Martin was heavily recruited by Tennessee, Louisiana State, Alabama and Virginia before enrolling at Florida. He saw limited action in twelve games in 2002, completing 7 of 10 passes for 96 yards and rushed eleven times for 51 yards (4.6 avg) while catching two passes for 14 yards for the Gators. He started four games in 2003 before his season ended when Martin suffered a concussion vs. Miami. He connected on 47 of 77 passes for 654 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions.

Martin decided to transfer to Furman in 2004. He set new single-season school records for passing yards (2,792), passing touchdowns (22), total offense (3,084), and touchdowns responsible for (25). Martin averaged 31.2 yards on eight punts (all from shotgun formation), five of which were downed inside the opponents' 20-yard line.

Martin earned All-American honors as a quarterback and punter in 2005. He averaged 42.5 yards on 34 punts with eleven that were downed inside the 20-yard line, as only thirteen of his punts were returned. He completed 212 of 349 passes (60.7 percent) for 2,959 yards, 20 touchdowns and thirteen interceptions, adding 232 yards and five scores on 77 carries (3.0 avg).

In 27 games at Furman, Martin shattered school records by completing 410 of 669 passes (61.3 percent) for 5,761 yards, 42 touchdowns and 22 interceptions. He rushed 139 times for 524 yards (3.8 avg) and eight scores, generating 6,275 yards in total offense on 808 plays. He also punted 44 times for 1,754 yards (39.9 avg) with 17 kicks downed inside the 20-yard line while only 24 of his punts were returned, finishing with a 36.27-yard net average.

For his entire collegiate career, Martin hit on 464 of 756 passes (61.4 percent) for 6,501 yards, 45 touchdowns and 24 interceptions. He gained 596 yards with eight scores on 165 carries (3.6 avg) and caught two passes for 14 yards. He punted 89 times for 3,351 yards (37.7 avg), placing 33 of his attempts inside the 20-yard line.

ANALYSIS

Positives: Has a solid frame with smooth muscle tone, quick feet and good balance...Has sure hands to field the poor snap as a punter, showing good touch-to-toe mechanics with good height and hang time on his punt attempts...Mobile passer with good velocity behind his long tosses...Very accurate throwing in the short area, showing the valid feet and fundamentals in his pass set up and delivery...Has a snappy over-the-top release point... Effective touch passer who plays with good field vision...Adequate hitting his receivers in stride and is quick getting the ball out...Capable of scanning the field and going through progressions to locate his secondary receivers...Has good timed speed when running with the ball and enough strength to break some tackles...Effective directional punter with the strong leg needed to attempt long-range field goals...Has the lateral agility to roll out and buy time when his receivers are covered...When he sets his feet, he shows decent touch and accuracy firing over the middle.

Negatives: Has enough arm strength for the short-to-intermediate game, but his passes tend to hang and float on attempts to throw long...Has good timed speed, but does not show the loose hips to elude and find the cut back lanes to get into the second level...Is more of a rhythm passer who lacks consistency (gets into long stretches where he misfires, especially when flushed out of the pocket)...His passes lose accuracy when having to throw on the move...Lacks poise in the pocket and can be rattled by constant pressure...Has a bit of a wind-up in his release and has a windmill motion, having to throw with a tall arc...Lacks velocity behind his long throws...Seems to look to run at the first sign of pocket pressure (question of his courage)...Must be more alert to stunts and blitzes, as his lack of feel for this has resulted in too many sacks...Not a threat to gain valid yardage when throwing on rollouts...Has too much confidence in his arm strength, which is adequate, at best.

Martin has decent size for quarterback and an adequate leg to fill in as an emergency punter, but outside of direction on his kicks, does not display the strength to kick for distance consistently. He was actually used more as a receiver and punter during his first season at Florida than performing behind center.

Martin is an intelligent athlete who scans the field well, but must realize he does not have the arm strength to air the ball out on long routes. His deep tosses lack accuracy and touch, as the receivers generally have to break off their routes and come back for the ball. He is also ineffective throwing on the move, as he needs to set his feet in order to generate touch on his tosses.

He has a small wind-up in his delivery and will need some technique refinement. Martin shows much better accuracy throwing underneath, but needs to do a better job of standing tall in the pocket rather than looking to run at the first sign of pressure. He has good timed speed to run with the ball, but lacks the loose hips to locate the cutback lanes. He will dump off the ball rather than force it into traffic, but will also throw it up when he thinks he can connect long, with poor results.

Martin gets in trouble when he tries to float the ball out and is better suited for a west Coast offense that prefers quarterbacks to just move the chains rather than go for the home run. Because of his directional punting ability and strong kicking leg for long field goals, Martin will make an interesting second-day project, but is certainly not ready to step in starter should get injured.

INJURY REPORT

2001: Underwent surgery to repair a left wrist fracture.

2003: Left the Miami game (9/06) in the third quarter after suffering a concussion.

2005: Missed the fourth quarter of The Citadel game (10/15) after suffering lower body cramps in the third quarter.

CAREER NOTES

Holds the school career record with 42 touchdown passes, topping the old mark of 41 by Bobby Lamb (1982-85)...His 20 touchdown passes in 2005 rank second on Furman's single-season chart behind his 2004 total of 22...Gained 5,761 yards passing, breaking Furman's caree -record of 5,379 yards by Braniff Bonaventure (1992-96)...Holds the top two season performances in school annals with 3,084 yards in total offense in 2004 and 3,193 yards in 2005...His 6,277 yards in total offense surpassed the previous Paladin career record of 5,640 yards by Frankie DeBusk (1987-90)...Averaged 43.2 yards per punt in 2005, the third-best season total in school history behind Ronnie McCutchan (43.7, 1993) and Paul Stombaugh (44.7, 1949).

AGILITY TESTS

Campus: 4.66 in the 40-yard dash...295-pound bench press...275-pound power clean...35-inch vertical jump...Right-handed...30/39 Wonderlic score.

Combine: 4.65 in the 40-yard dash...2.73 20-yard dash...1.64 10-yard dash...36-inch vertical jump...9'3" broad jump...4.17 20-yard shuttle...7.13 three-cone drill...31-inch arm length...9 1/2-inch hands.

HIGH SCHOOL

Attended Montgomery Bell (Nashville, Tenn.) Academy, playing football for head coach Ricky Bowers...Considered one of the nation's top prep quarterbacks in 2000...Named to the prestigious Parade All-American team, adding national honors from Prep Star, Super Prep and National Bluechips...Ranked among the nation's top twenty quarterbacks by Prep Football Report and Super Prep ranked him the top player in Tennessee...Two-time Division II Player of the Year in Tennessee...Led Montgomery Bell to three consecutive Tennessee state championships with 32 consecutive wins and final USA Today National Top 25 rankings in both 1999 and 2000...As a senior, he completed 62 of 137 passes for 964 yards with seven touchdowns and also rushed for 935 yards...As a junior, he hit on 97 of 140 passes for 1,450 yards and 14 scores...Was 6 of 9 on field-goal attempts in 2000 with three field goals of longer than 50 yards, including a school-record 56-yarder.

PERSONAL

Business Administration major...Son of Anne and Harry Martin III...Born Harry Ingle Martin, IV on 8/15/82 in Memphis, Tennessee...Resides in Nashville, Tennessee.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #32
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran
 
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Ingle Martin was the starting quarterback at Florida between Rex Grossman and Chris Leak. He started just four games in 2003, suffered a concussion and never got his job back.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #33
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

I know McDaniels looked at video of Campbell and Orton when he chose...I hope he's looking at video of Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson and Derek Anderson, too, and seeing if Orton is still the best QB of the bunch.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #34
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Jeff George anyone?


No they traded him away to Chicago, except that petulant child is more like Ryan Leaf.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #35
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
I know McDaniels looked at video of Campbell and Orton when he chose...I hope he's looking at video of Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson and Derek Anderson, too, and seeing if Orton is still the best QB of the bunch.
Um yeah Orton is levels above them, why waste the time!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #36
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 5,002

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
So he has a stronger arm than Elway? Holy ****!

According to the Cutler **********s here, he's destined to be a superstar. Because of armstrength.
Thought I knew all the cusswords in the book, so what the hell is THAT monstrosity eleven letters in length?

Been trying to figure this out for a minute or two
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #37
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
Ingle Martin was the starting quarterback at Florida between Rex Grossman and Chris Leak. He started just four games in 2003, suffered a concussion and never got his job back.
I think he played on their baseball team, unless Im confusing him with someone else.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #38
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan
 
PFM / Kopitar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 5,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
Thought I knew all the cusswords in the book, so what the hell is THAT monstrosity eleven letters in length?

Been trying to figure this out for a minute or two

nutsw1ngers
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #39
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
But...but...but, I thought we were in great shape with Orton, Simms and Brandstater?
Boss, your quarterbacks coach (me) suggested after the game Saturday that we scan the waiver wire and explore the trade market immediately ... that we might want to carry three.

Simms' injury and Orton's training wheels (and ambidextrous efforts) add up to not such a pretty picture.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #40
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post

ANALYSIS

Positives: Has a solid frame with smooth muscle tone, quick feet and good balance...Has sure hands to field the poor snap as a punter, showing good touch-to-toe mechanics with good height and hang time on his punt attempts...Mobile passer with good velocity behind his long tosses...Very accurate throwing in the short area, showing the valid feet and fundamentals in his pass set up and delivery...Has a snappy over-the-top release point... Effective touch passer who plays with good field vision...Adequate hitting his receivers in stride and is quick getting the ball out...Capable of scanning the field and going through progressions to locate his secondary receivers...Has good timed speed when running with the ball and enough strength to break some tackles...Effective directional punter with the strong leg needed to attempt long-range field goals...Has the lateral agility to roll out and buy time when his receivers are covered...When he sets his feet, he shows decent touch and accuracy firing over the middle.

Negatives: Has enough arm strength for the short-to-intermediate game, but his passes tend to hang and float on attempts to throw long...Has good timed speed, but does not show the loose hips to elude and find the cut back lanes to get into the second level...Is more of a rhythm passer who lacks consistency (gets into long stretches where he misfires, especially when flushed out of the pocket)...His passes lose accuracy when having to throw on the move...Lacks poise in the pocket and can be rattled by constant pressure...Has a bit of a wind-up in his release and has a windmill motion, having to throw with a tall arc...Lacks velocity behind his long throws...Seems to look to run at the first sign of pocket pressure (question of his courage)...Must be more alert to stunts and blitzes, as his lack of feel for this has resulted in too many sacks...Not a threat to gain valid yardage when throwing on rollouts...Has too much confidence in his arm strength, which is adequate, at best.

Martin has decent size for quarterback and an adequate leg to fill in as an emergency punter, but outside of direction on his kicks, does not display the strength to kick for distance consistently. He was actually used more as a receiver and punter during his first season at Florida than performing behind center.

Martin is an intelligent athlete who scans the field well, but must realize he does not have the arm strength to air the ball out on long routes. His deep tosses lack accuracy and touch, as the receivers generally have to break off their routes and come back for the ball. He is also ineffective throwing on the move, as he needs to set his feet in order to generate touch on his tosses.

He has a small wind-up in his delivery and will need some technique refinement. Martin shows much better accuracy throwing underneath, but needs to do a better job of standing tall in the pocket rather than looking to run at the first sign of pressure. He has good timed speed to run with the ball, but lacks the loose hips to locate the cutback lanes. He will dump off the ball rather than force it into traffic, but will also throw it up when he thinks he can connect long, with poor results.

Martin gets in trouble when he tries to float the ball out and is better suited for a west Coast offense that prefers quarterbacks to just move the chains rather than go for the home run. Because of his directional punting ability and strong kicking leg for long field goals, Martin will make an interesting second-day project, but is certainly not ready to step in starter should get injured.

INJURY REPORT

2001: Underwent surgery to repair a left wrist fracture.

2003: Left the Miami game (9/06) in the third quarter after suffering a concussion.

2005: Missed the fourth quarter of The Citadel game (10/15) after suffering lower body cramps in the third quarter.

CAREER NOTES

Holds the school career record with 42 touchdown passes, topping the old mark of 41 by Bobby Lamb (1982-85)...His 20 touchdown passes in 2005 rank second on Furman's single-season chart behind his 2004 total of 22...Gained 5,761 yards passing, breaking Furman's caree -record of 5,379 yards by Braniff Bonaventure (1992-96)...Holds the top two season performances in school annals with 3,084 yards in total offense in 2004 and 3,193 yards in 2005...His 6,277 yards in total offense surpassed the previous Paladin career record of 5,640 yards by Frankie DeBusk (1987-90)...Averaged 43.2 yards per punt in 2005, the third-best season total in school history behind Ronnie McCutchan (43.7, 1993) and Paul Stombaugh (44.7, 1949).

AGILITY TESTS

Campus: 4.66 in the 40-yard dash...295-pound bench press...275-pound power clean...35-inch vertical jump...Right-handed...30/39 Wonderlic score.

Combine: 4.65 in the 40-yard dash...2.73 20-yard dash...1.64 10-yard dash...36-inch vertical jump...9'3" broad jump...4.17 20-yard shuttle...7.13 three-cone drill...31-inch arm length...9 1/2-inch hands.

HIGH SCHOOL

Attended Montgomery Bell (Nashville, Tenn.) Academy, playing football for head coach Ricky Bowers...Considered one of the nation's top prep quarterbacks in 2000...Named to the prestigious Parade All-American team, adding national honors from Prep Star, Super Prep and National Bluechips...Ranked among the nation's top twenty quarterbacks by Prep Football Report and Super Prep ranked him the top player in Tennessee...Two-time Division II Player of the Year in Tennessee...Led Montgomery Bell to three consecutive Tennessee state championships with 32 consecutive wins and final USA Today National Top 25 rankings in both 1999 and 2000...As a senior, he completed 62 of 137 passes for 964 yards with seven touchdowns and also rushed for 935 yards...As a junior, he hit on 97 of 140 passes for 1,450 yards and 14 scores...Was 6 of 9 on field-goal attempts in 2000 with three field goals of longer than 50 yards, including a school-record 56-yarder.

PERSONAL

Business Administration major...Son of Anne and Harry Martin III...Born Harry Ingle Martin, IV on 8/15/82 in Memphis, Tennessee...Resides in Nashville, Tennessee.
Its interesting to read up on him after he left Florida. I kind of think he would have won the job from Leak in the spread had he been there when Meyer arrived. Ill take a stronger arm, accuracty, makes progressions, mobile...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-ra...000d5d80a84cba

Last edited by lex; 08-25-2009 at 09:19 PM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #41
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBroncoBuff View Post
Boss, your quarterbacks coach (me) suggested after the game Saturday that we scan the waiver wire and explore the trade market immediately ... that we might want to carry three.

Simms' injury and Orton's training wheels (and ambidextrous efforts) add up to not such a pretty picture.
You really are putting too much stock in a preseason 4th down play but hey don't let common sense get in the way of panic and drama.

Its all the over the top drama that has chased the likes of Khan and Montrose from here lets try not to freak out over games designed to be screwed up in.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 08-25-2009 at 09:19 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #42
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 5,002

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
nutsw1ngers
haha that could be it....

nutswingers.

EDIT : nope, no asterisks
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #43
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
You really are putting too much stock in a preseason 4th down play but hey don't let common sense get in the way of panic and drama.

Its all the over the top drama that has chased the likes of Khan an Montrose from here lets try not t o freak out over games designed to be screwed up in.
Crossed the line there pal ... Khan and montrose left for their own reasons. They seem like big boys to me, when and if they can handle the fact other people have different opinions, I expect they'll be back. Blaming me or anybody for them leaving would be like blaming you for, well, for something.

Besides, there's no "panic and drama" in suggesting we carry three quarterbacks. Orton has really sucked so far, whether you choose to accept that or not.

And c'mon, no game is "designed to screw up in." Chris Simms hasn't screwed up inany games, in fact he excelled ... more points than Kyle in less than half the time. And no interceptions, either.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #44
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 5,002

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBroncoBuff View Post
Crossed the line there pal ... Khan and montrose left for their own reasons. They seem like big boys to me, when and if they can handle the fact other people have different opinions, I expect they'll be back. Blaming me or anybody for them leaving would be like blaming you for, well, for something.

Besides, there's no "panic and drama" in suggesting we carry three quarterbacks. Orton has really sucked so far, whether you choose to accept that or not.

And puh-leeeze ... no game is "designed to screw up in." Chris Simms hasn't screwed up inany games, in fact he very much excelled.
I was wondering why I hadn't seen khan's analysis' for a bit...was there a thread about those guys leaving? what happened?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #45
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
I was wondering why I hadn't seen khan's analysis' for a bit...was there a thread about those guys leaving? what happened?
I'm not sure ... I got to know montrose some recently, he's a great kid. His life is just kinda swamped now.

Khan I'm not sure either, but some of his last posts sounded quite bitter toward Josh "doubters," I guess you'd say.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #46
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

I didn't cross any line. You freaked out over a meaningless play in a meaningless game. If I singled you out I am sorry but this place has been nothing but over the top crying over games meant to work out kinks in a new system with new players.

So pardon me if I get tired of the snipping being done on this team and on the QB. People are slobbering over Jay Cutler because he can throw a million miles an hour but guess what PAL he would be struggling in this system too.
It requires brains and Cutler is severely limited on those.

Orton looked great last game save for one throw it up play on 4th and 2. Whether YOU choose to accept it or not is on you. But you won't its easy to fall in line and go chicken little and cry about the sky is falling.

Again I am not blaming you for them leaving one bit I am saying how about using some COMMON SENSE about a freaking preseason game rather than freaking out. Might bring back some semblance of what great football talk this place used to be.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 08-25-2009 at 09:38 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #47
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
I was wondering why I hadn't seen khan's analysis' for a bit...was there a thread about those guys leaving? what happened?
Kaylore alluded to it but didn't make a post saying it. The place isn't fun anymore and the way people freak out over preseason games that mean jack **** I don't disagree with them. Kaylore will most likely be back but I suspect it will be a while before he comes back.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #48
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Again I am not blaming you for them leaving one bit I am saying how about using some COMMON SENSE about a freaking preseason game rather than freaking out. Might bring back some semblance of what great football talk this place used to be.
I accept your opinion ... why can't you accept mine?

You say Cutler is short on brains, I disagree. Very much.

Must those who disagree with you lack "COMMON SENSE" or be "freaking out" merely because they have a different opinion? (Hint: the answer is "no")
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #49
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBroncoBuff View Post
I accept your opinion ... why can't you accept mine?

You say Cutler is short on brains, I disagree. Very much.

Must those who disagree with you lack "COMMON SENSE" or be "freaking out" merely because they have a different opinion? (Hint: the answer is "no")
Point taken but I am just astonished at the reaction of this place and you seem to fall in line with that. Orton impressed last game save for one meaningless play.

And Cutler is far short on brains but his ability masks that. I won't back down on that, not when the dude gets blitzed drunk before key games. That spells mental midget to me.

I guess I shouldn't read the Art of War and post on the Mane. You are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong I think you are......

But I am sorry I offended you, as I said in my rep to you that wasn't my intention.

I am just going to ignore the Chris Simms point because last I checked he looked great against scrubs on the second and third team defense. Talk to me about how great he looks if he gets to play starters or even the entire second squad.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 08-25-2009 at 10:34 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #50
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Point taken but I am just astonished at the reaction of this place and you seem to fall in line with that. Orton impressed last game save for one meaningless play.

And Cutler is far short on brains but his ability masks that. I won't back down on that, not when the dude gets blitzed drunk before key games. That spells mental midget to me.

I guess I shouldn't read the Art of War and post on the Mane. You are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong I think you are......

But I am sorry I offended you, as I said in my rep to you that wasn't my intention.
I wasn't offended really ..... and yes, Kyle was fine with the training wheels on, in fact he was very good with the dink and dunk between the 20s. But my opinion is - my OPINION is - that Josh put on the dink and dunk screen pass training wheels because of all the picks against SF. It's also my OPINION that Ken Lucas dropped an Orton interception in the end zone on the first drive in Seattle.

These are opinions.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Denver Broncos