The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default For the McDaniels haters!

"He's getting a lot of heat now, but someone who knows coaches well predicted to me that McDaniels is going to be one of the greatest NFL coaches ever. Strong words, I know, and we'll see. But I think he's going to be a real good one".

From Adam Schefter's ESPN Insider blog

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...dschefter_adam
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Other than the drama with Cutler and Marshall, I have liked everything I have seen and heard from McDaniels.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
Fusionfrontman
Perennial Pro-bowler

Yeah I can see that. I like everything about him so far, aside from how he handles these 2 situations. But, is it the coach or is it the players? Why aren't Baily and Dawkins acting this way toward him or feeling this way about him? Stokely and Royal.. ect. It's 2 guys who we have known are divas who are acting this way.
When Royal and Baily start saying this then I'll be worried.
Fusionfrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Kind of a silly quote to put out there (by Schefter), but I hope time proves whoever it is right.
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

He may be the second coming of Bill Bellichick, but if you recall, Bill Bellichick crapped out in Cleveland as a head coach. So it really doesn't matter if Josh is the greatest coach ever unless he does it as a Bronco.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
"He's getting a lot of heat now, but someone who knows coaches well predicted to me that McDaniels is going to be one of the greatest NFL coaches ever. Strong words, I know, and we'll see. But I think he's going to be a real good one".

From Adam Schefter's ESPN Insider blog
I think Adam may have just referred to himself as a source.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

"someone who knows coaches"

I wonder who that might be?
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpac1001 View Post
Kind of a silly quote to put out there (by Scheffler), but I hope it is right.
i agree, given he hasnt coached a game yet. but his intensity is there, his football IQ is there and teh players seem to like him a lot, hes drafting high quality talents and characters so thats good....he has all the tools to be great i just hope he does it as a bronco and pat gives him enough time to develop
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mcdaniels will be a good coach. Our problem is that it won't start for some years. He will be good for his future teams after learning from his huge mistakes here and when he has an actual experienced GM doing all of the GM work.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #10
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Mcdaniels will be a good coach. Our problem is that it won't start for some years. He will be good for his future teams after learning from his huge mistakes here and when he has an actual experienced GM doing all of the GM work.
Some of you guys know the future so well, can you give me the winners for week 1 so I can catch up on my bills?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I see its too early to judge him if the views are bad but when we judge him to be a great its OK.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub View Post
"someone who knows coaches"

I wonder who that might be?
Would'nt be suprised if it was his old buddy from the NFLN, Michael Lombardi.

Did'nt he say something about Denver being the most well-coached team after watching the Week 1 preseason games?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
Some of you guys know the future so well, can you give me the winners for week 1 so I can catch up on my bills?
My power is limited. I could give you the winners but I can't see the scores. You would still be screwed by the spreads.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

yep, that should handle the haters!!

Thanks for the article though.
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I think Adam may have just referred to himself as a source.
Only BroncoBuff does that.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #16
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I see its too early to judge him if the views are bad but when we judge him to be a great its OK.
I've not seen a single person here claim him to be great yet. You can't say that about people already dooming him.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

That would be great if it works out that way.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #18
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Wow, you have it all planned out. Nice job.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #19
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
is that a given or just your opinion? he will get every chance to succeed just like shanahan got every chance to fail over the past several years.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I've not seen a single person here claim him to be great yet. You can't say that about people already dooming him.
Come on this article is claiming he is going to be one of the greatest coaches ever in the NFL. That is a huge claim for a guy that has never won or coached a NFL game. I don't even think the haters are going around claiming that he is going to be the worst coach ever either. I might think he made some bad moves and is a rookie that is learning as he goes but to sit here and think that we have the next Shula or Paul Brown is puzzling to me. I don't even think he should get the credit for all the claims he gets on this board for the Pats O being so great. That was a very good system with damn good players but I can't help but wonder what really goes on in NE and how much power BB really gives to his coaches. So far pretty much every coach that has left NE has struggled and has failed to bring the NE ways to their new teams while NE keeps reloading on coaches and keeps on winning. I'm sure McD added a new wrinkle to the Pats O but I don't think its his baby like others here.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
For once we agree on something except i wouldnt call them huge mistakes. Mistakes were made from both parties where in the end the QB chose to leave by choice. But there are very few coaches who come in and win right away and most of the ones that do already have strong pieces in place. Denver isnt one of them. Bowlen brought in McDaniels because he wants to get back to winning. How long he has given McD i dont know but if after 3 years he isnt fielding a contender i can see McD moving on either by choice or by Bowlen's hand. Either way, its not too far fetched to say that McDaniels will be a winner down the road for another team.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #22
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMT View Post
is that a given or just your opinion? he will get every chance to succeed just like shanahan got every chance to fail over the past several years.
Why should he get every chance Shanahan got? This guy hasnt accomplished anything yet as a head coach. For you to argue that he should get every opportunity that Shanahan got would mean that Denver would have to win 2 SBs in his first 4 years and for Denver to have the HFA in the AFC in his second season. Are you willing to predict Denver will win 2 SBs over the next four years? If not, STFU.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #23
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i agree, given he hasnt coached a game yet. but his intensity is there, his football IQ is there and teh players seem to like him a lot, hes drafting high quality talents and characters so thats good....he has all the tools to be great i just hope he does it as a bronco and pat gives him enough time to develop
C'mon man, seriously.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #24
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
For once we agree on something except i wouldnt call them huge mistakes. Mistakes were made from both parties where in the end the QB chose to leave by choice. But there are very few coaches who come in and win right away and most of the ones that do already have strong pieces in place. Denver isnt one of them. Bowlen brought in McDaniels because he wants to get back to winning. How long he has given McD i dont know but if after 3 years he isnt fielding a contender i can see McD moving on either by choice or by Bowlen's hand. Either way, its not too far fetched to say that McDaniels will be a winner down the road for another team.
Cutler didnt choose to leave. They could have taken the same approach with Jay that they took with Marshall. And thats even if you believe that it started with the Cassel trade talks and ended with Jay not answering Pats call.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #25
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

BTW, regarding the OP, fine. McDaniels better prove it and fast.