The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Broncofan_H
Seasoned Veteran

Default Bears fans trying to invade Invesco?

Hey all,

While hoping to see if Bears fans were jumping off bridges yet over Cutlers poor debut, I came across this thread:
Bear's Vs Donkey's tailgate info

Here are some of the gems from it:

Quote:
our rally about 4 pm will draw between 500 to a thousand fans or more......might need a bullhorn for the rally if anyone has one!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Donkeyland will be re-named Soldier Field

west on Sunday Aug 30, 2009 by us so plan on

being there to let our voices be heard and to

thank Denver for our new quarterback.
Quote:
I hope we leave an imprint there in Denver and I hope that they won't soon forget the true fans of a storied and greatest franchise in NFL history! BEAR DOWN!!
Quote:
BEAR-GATING in Soldier Field West
Quote:
We have two parking(tailgate spots) in LOT G.....kiddy corner to lot C and hopefully we will be close so we can taunt the Donkey's fans just a little(rofl)..

I don't know about you guys, but that kind of gets my blood boiling. There is even a Broncos turncoat who told them about a Cutler jersey burning. I'm sure many OM'ers are going to be at the game (Meck77 old buddy, are you going?). Any Broncos fans going to the game need to make sure to walk by these clowns and give them a piece of our minds.

Is there any pride left in Broncos Country? I hope so.
Broncofan_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Popps
It's so easy

I guess a lot of folks around here have a tough decision to make that day.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncofan_H View Post
Hey all,

While hoping to see if Bears fans were jumping off bridges yet over Cutlers poor debut, I came across this thread:
Bear's Vs Donkey's tailgate info

Here are some of the gems from it:

I don't know about you guys, but that kind of gets my blood boiling. There is even a Broncos turncoat who told them about a Cutler jersey burning. I'm sure many OM'ers are going to be at the game (Meck77 old buddy, are you going?). Any Broncos fans going to the game need to make sure to walk by these clowns and give them a piece of our minds.

Is there any pride left in Broncos Country? I hope so.
Its all about McDaniels now. Let him deal with those guys. He'll take care of it.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
521 1N5
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I can think of a few who will surely be joining the crowd in "Soldier Field West"
521 1N5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Maybe theyre just upset there were a lot of Broncos fans at the Mile High East when the Broncos played in Chicago a couple of years ago.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Are these Bears fans living in Colorado?

Because traveling for a pre-season game makes you a tool, no matter which way you slice it.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
TheDave
Sauced...

Pre-season fan attendance/tailgating just hasn't made it on to my give a **** list... sorry.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Any self respecting city would have the cars pulled over and write many DUI's.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Are these Bears fans living in Colorado?

Because traveling for a pre-season game makes you a tool, no matter which way you slice it.
i agree. i won't even pay for a ticket to see the nothing games, and i live in Denver. i can't see getting all amped up for a preseason game, regardless of who we are playing. if it was regular season, then i would come out in orange and blue from head to toe and join the rest of the Broncos nation in humilating the Bears douche bags, but for a preseason game, who cares?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

A bullhorn? Seriously? Also tired of the donkey moniker. Entirely seperate animal.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #11
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

I despise Bears fans. True fans? More like true asses.

worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
Meck77

Good to see you around H. My first game is going to be the Cleveland game/Omane weekend.

The philly fans organized one heck of a bash a few years ago. They had Invesco security so worked up they actually contacted me about it to see if I knew what they had planned....lol I told security just give them space and don't mess with them and everything will be fine. It was a great time and they did have a few hundred people in LOTC. No issues just a bunch of pukers. lmfao

It might not hurt to send out a little good will to those guys via their site though. Online tailgate groups are often some of the nicer groups of people you'll meet at a stadium. The problem is usually the random drunk jackass starting a fight for no reason.

Last edited by Meck77; 08-16-2009 at 02:04 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

I will LMAO if Cutler gets knocked out of the game with all those b*tch azz fans there!!
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #14
Broncofan_H
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i agree. i won't even pay for a ticket to see the nothing games, and i live in Denver. i can't see getting all amped up for a preseason game, regardless of who we are playing. if it was regular season, then i would come out in orange and blue from head to toe and join the rest of the Broncos nation in humilating the Bears douche bags, but for a preseason game, who cares?
As a season ticket holder, we get the joy of paying full price for the "nothing" games, so why not try to have some fun and remind these Bear fans of who's stadium they are at? Why not get amp'd up a bit if I have to pay full price for the tickets? I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Curious what other season ticket holders will say.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #15
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Honestly, I don't care. Its a preseason game, most Bronco fans don't give a damn about it because they full know its a big rip off to charge full price for a game that is entirely meaningless and you are lucky to see a good half of football.
Let them take over Invesco and whatever, truth is they are going to be spending a lot of money to watch a game that will have no more meaning than the dump I took last night.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I cant think of a time where I've wanted to win a preseason game than the one vs Chicago.

I want to win them all but this one has some feeling behind it.

I have faith our defense will step up in this game.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
lol
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #18
Broncofan_H
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Good to see you around H. My first game is going to be the Cleveland game/Omane weekend.

The philly fans organized one heck of a bash a few years ago. They had Invesco security so worked up they actually contacted me about it to see if I knew what they had planned....lol I told security just give them space and don't mess with them and everything will be fine. It was a great time and they did have a few hundred people in LOTC. No issues just a bunch of pukers. lmfao

It might not hurt to send out a little good will to those guys via their site though. Online tailgate groups are often some of the nicer groups of people you'll meet at a stadium. The problem is usually the random drunk jackass starting a fight for no reason.
Hey Meck, good to see you as well. I miss the forums, but glad I can still hook up with you here. I read the Mane quite a bit, but posting this thread reminded me of why I don't post much.

So, I'll try to find you for O-mane weekend. It'll be cool to meet up with you again. Are you still going to be in the same lot?

As for those Bears fans and spreading good will at their site...nah. As Doc would say at the old board, they can "piss up a rope".
Old 08-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #19
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

500 to 1000? Yeah, right.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

1000 Bears fans in Colorado? Not likely. And if they drive the 1000 miles to get here from Chicago, they are ****ing dumb.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Yawn...preseason puffery over nothing. We'd be doing the same thing if the situation was reversed.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #22
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Da Bear fans are a different animal. They have a longer history of winning and loosing than the we Bronco fans have endured.

They are like Barbarians at the Gates whether they are winning or loosing. They represent the gritty tough south side of Chi-town to the rich elitist who run Chicago.

Whereas we Bronco fans have enjoyed the Rocky Mtn Air, the 14K ft snow caped mountains, the ski slopes, IT booms and bust......point is, we are laid back fans who now suddenly see their storied proud Franchise in a state of flux. There is uncertainty, the fear of the unknowing, and yes their is a division amongst Bronco fans due to the changes and drama that has taken place since Bowlen fired Shanahan, hired McDaniel's, and then saw the departure of Cutler via trade to Chicago.

So yes with change comes turmoil and uncertainity......and the Bear fans smell blood in the water! Remember Barbarians don't care who they kill or who they "Eat".

We cultured and often cuddled Bronco fans just need to get ready to smack a Bully/Barbarian in the mouth and stand our ground.....plain and simple.

Last edited by rastaman; 08-16-2009 at 02:19 PM..
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #23
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I cant think of a time where I've wanted to win a preseason game than the one vs Chicago.

I want to win them all but this one has some feeling behind it.

I have faith our defense will step up in this game.
Its a preseason game and it means nothing. Why get amped up for the game?
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #24
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
1000 Bears fans in Colorado? Not likely. And if they drive the 1000 miles to get here from Chicago, they are ****ing dumb.

Yeah that's three times the number of "real" Bronco fans in Colorado. At least according to a few people around here.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #25
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
I despise Bears fans. True fans? More like true asses.

I remember that. . There were a lot of bent out of shape Saints fans to be sure. But, whats lost is that the entire week leading up to that game, the entire national media became this groundswell of pro-Saints propaganda because of the Katrina thing. Bears fans had to listen to this all weak and so they were jaded by the time the game rolled around.

I kind of dont blame Bears fans. E!SPN and the like can lay it on kind of thick when it comes to angles like this.