The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default I really don't understand the "I miss Jay, Hate McD stuff"

Cutler wanted out, it was not because of McDaniels ... that's well established.

Hate McDaniels if you must but the fact that we were forced to downgrade at QB ain't the coaches fault. Cutler and his agent engineered his way out of town using the agents pre-made Farve "get out of town" template. Yeah, it does suck and quality QBs aint dime a dozen.

I think some people are acting like lovesick, stalking, dumped boyfriends with trying to blame it on anything else.

That said, Coach needs to handle the QB position ... he is paid well to handle this and put a quality improving NFL team out on the field. I reckon Orton gets another PS game to see if previous optimism of him being capable is anyway true ... otherwise Simms gets his shot.
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i agree, but good luck trying to point logic in the direction of the people who think that mcd made jay sit at home and not respond to teh coach/owner/players of the team. i bet mcd bought his plane ticket too?

gotta give the team more than one PS game to iron out the kinks, if game 3 comes around and they still arent playing well, then its time to worrry
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

What, you don't want to wallow in misery too? It's the first preseason game under a completely new offensive and defensive system and the Broncos lost by 1 point!! Don't you understand, it's panic time!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
What, you don't want to wallow in misery too? It's the first preseason game under a completely new offensive and defensive system and the Broncos lost by 1 point!! Don't you understand, it's panic time!!
Run for your lives!!!
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Run for your lives!!!
Man the lifeboats!!!

Drama queens and children first!!
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Yeah I dont blame McD for what happened with Cutler, it wasnt his call anyway

But he is the new guy, so it is just easier to blame him and say that he messed it all up since Cutler didnt demand a trade when Shanny was still around

I think Josh will be a good coach, Orton just needs to get his crap together.
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Good luck with this thread I agree but there are so many people who wished Josh McDaniels didn't exist while crying into a pillow last night after 3 INTs that orton threw like our season was over .........

failing to ignore that its just pre-season it doesn't count.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Last edited by Rohirrim; 08-16-2009 at 11:10 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

McDaniels was the one who started the whole Cutler drama, wasn't he?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Nope, Cutler asked for a trade before McD came to town. The rest was dramatics.
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #11
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by prunch View Post
When was this "well established"? You really believe that if Shanahan was still here that Cutler would not be in Denver?

Quote:
Hate McDaniels if you must but the fact that we were forced to downgrade at QB ain't the coaches fault. Cutler and his agent engineered his way out of town using the agents pre-made Farve "get out of town" template. Yeah, it does suck and quality QBs aint dime a dozen.
The comparison to Farve is awful on so many levels....mainly because Farve and his agent never forced their way off any team.

I actually agree there is no use crying about Cutler being gone, but put some thought into your posts.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBronco View Post
When was this "well established"? You really believe that if Shanahan was still here that Cutler would not be in Denver?

The comparison to Farve is awful on so many levels....mainly because Farve and his agent never forced their way off any team.

I actually agree there is no use crying about Cutler being gone, but put some thought into your posts.
No, but he asked to be traded once Shanny was fired. I still don't understand why some people don't blame Cutler for the way he handled this situation. He cried, b****ed, and moaned until he got his way. This is what a three year old attempts to do, not a 26 year old.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:

really wow
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:

I think some people are acting like lovesick, stalking, dumped boyfriends with trying to blame it on anything else.

That said, Coach needs to handle the QB position ... he is paid well to handle this and put a quality improving NFL team out on the field. I reckon Orton gets another PS game to see if previous optimism of him being capable is anyway true ... otherwise Simms gets his shot.
You never trade guys like cutler for draft picks and guys like Orton... you just don't do it.

Last night we got to see why. It's going to take a little while for that sting to wear off.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I believe the order of events went something like this:

Shanahan gets fired
McDaniels becomes coach
McDaniels tries to make a play for Cassel
Cutler gets all sorts of asshurt about the trade talks
Cutler asks to be and gets traded
Broncos fans languish in Patheticville for the next 5 years
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
You never trade guys like cutler for draft picks and guys like Orton... you just don't do it.

Last night we got to see why. It's going to take a little while for that sting to wear off.
I agree with your statement, but this was ultimately bowlen's decision because Cutler had become 100 percent insubordinate. I still personally wished it was salvaged, but what are you gonna do?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
No, but he asked to be traded once Shanny was fired. I still don't understand why some people don't blame Cutler for the way he handled this situation. He cried, b****ed, and moaned until he got his way. This is what a three year old attempts to do, not a 26 year old.
And he's not done yet. I guarantee it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #18
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBronco View Post
Shanny being fired has nothing to do with McDaniels, but everything to do with Cutler wanting out of Denver.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
oh my god! he answered the phone. the league is full of documented cases of a coach answering the phone and then a player sulking like a 4 year old because his name was brought up in trade talks. this entire offseason has me thinking, maybe the QB class of 2006 was mentally weak. Young can't hold up under the pressure, Jay is mopey and sulks when things don't go his way and then cried like a b**** when his name was brought up in trade talks, Leinart couldn't take the starting job after repeated opportunities and the rest of the class has nothing going on currently.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #20
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Nope, Cutler asked for a trade before McD came to town. The rest was dramatics.

This never happened.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #21
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I don't see how anybody can be okay with the current situation. It really is horrible. There were obviously issues with the team last year under Shanny, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it is now.

Bowlen didn't have to trade Cutler. If he didn't Cutler would have shown up and played. He'd still be here and at some point he and McDaniels would have made up and got to the business of playing football. It was a dumb trade.

I wonder if McDaniels ever tried to stop Bowlen from making the trade. If he didn't, then I'd hold him nearly as responsible as Bowlen for that trade. I'm figuring that if he went to Bowlen and said that he needed Cutler and that he'd work it out that Cutler wouldn't have been traded. Who in their right mind would want to start their first head coaching job with Orton at QB instead of Cutler? That's just dumb.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #22
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

I was missing Jay at first, but now I'm just turned completely against him. Can't wait to boo his ass at the Chicago game.

I'm excited about the opportunities I hope McD gives us. Very nice play calling and who knows, maybe he'll be the real deal. I'm glad most of the off season personnel drama has now ended and we get to see what he's really like as a COACH.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #23
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I don't see how anybody can be okay with the current situation. It really is horrible. There were obviously issues with the team last year under Shanny, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it is now.

Bowlen didn't have to trade Cutler. If he didn't Cutler would have shown up and played. He'd still be here and at some point he and McDaniels would have made up and got to the business of playing football. It was a dumb trade.

I wonder if McDaniels ever tried to stop Bowlen from making the trade. If he didn't, then I'd hold him nearly as responsible as Bowlen for that trade. I'm figuring that if he went to Bowlen and said that he needed Cutler and that he'd work it out that Cutler wouldn't have been traded. Who in their right mind would want to start their first head coaching job with Orton at QB instead of Cutler? That's just dumb.
Probably the most logical approach to this I have seen on the board.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #24
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:

Yeah, that's what I meant to say...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #25
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

No, but he did.

When does the crying stop??