The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Burger Bill: Three Questions with Champ...

This blog post is exactly what's wrong with ESPN these days. How this clown gets paid to give his "analysis" of anything is beyond me.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...mp-Bailey.html

Three questions with Champ Bailey
August 12, 2009 8:34 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Champ Bailey is entering his 11th season in the NFL.

He is a perennial Pro Bowl cornerback who is entering an interesting chapter in his career. Bailey, 31, is coming off his first significant injury-riddled season. He missed seven games with a groin injury. Bailey said he feels a 100 percent healthy percent for the next journey in his career.

Bailey has been the face of the Broncos since a 2004 trade from Washington, is transitioning to the Josh McDaniels regime after 14 years with Mike Shanahan. Bailey is entering the last two years of his seven-year, $63 million deal with Denver.

We have three questions with the superstar to get his thoughts on the situation in Denver.

Bill Williamson: Do you ever wake up and wonder how all of the changes happened in Denver?

Champ Bailey: "Sometimes, it's different. It's very different. I can't tell you yet if it's for the better because we haven't started playing. But there is a lot of energy here and high hopes. I like coach (Josh) McDaniels and I believe in him. It's exciting, really."

BW: Did you watch the Tony Gonzalez situation in Kansas City and think about yourself?

CB: " It was crazy how that happened and I understood it. Tony wants to win. I want to win. But the Chiefs hadn't been good at all the past couple of year. We weren't that bad, so I don't feel like I'm in that position. I'm going to see what happens this year and then go from there. But it really isn't my decision. I'm under contract for two years. But we're going to try to win these next two years and see what happens."

BW: Do you have your Pro Football Hall of Fame induction speech written yet?

CP: (Long laughter) Nah, but I have been paying attention to the ceremonies more recently. A former teammate of mine, Bruce Smith, went in last week and last year, another former teammate Darrell Green, went in. So it's fun to watch. It's getting to the point where I know all of the guys who are going in ... As far as me, I still have a lot of work to do before the hall of fame is a possibility, but it's definitely a goal of mine."
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

14 years with Shanny?
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
14 years with Shanny?

I think he was referring to the coaching change...but the segue was horrible.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Champ is phenomenal. In the first 20 yards. After that, who knows?
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote