The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen
Default McDaniels Interview w/ Rome

Recap below...

Last edited by cousinal11; 08-10-2009 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Interview over, recap below
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

thx, listening now
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Talking the Cutler and other issue. Said there are certain things that you can't tolerate or let go and can't send wrong message to team. (paraphrasing)

Now talking about growing up with a coach as his father in Canton.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Is he on yet?
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Is he on yet?
now
Old 08-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Says Orton is doing fine overall, despite the infamous BOO practice (my words not his) said the offense has lots of talent

Brandon Marshall is rehabbing an "injury" and is in all meetings
Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Rome asked if its exclusively the injury or him not wanting to be there. McD says he will put faith in Marshall and believe him that its an injury.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Knowshon has rust but he got the system and all it needs is getting a hair quicker through repitition.

Asked about rookie coach safety net. Said all coaches are under the gone and the goal is to win every week.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
. . . McD says he will put faith in Marshall and believe him that its an injury.
Sounds like he has his doubts. That's not a ringing endorsement of the pouter.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Said Defense was smaller and lacked in pressure. Immediately wanted to get bigger and more physical. First was to bring in people who can make plays and put hands on the ball.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #11
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdf View Post
The way I took it is McD will give him the benefit of the doubt, he has shown up to every meeting and every rehab assignment.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #12
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Ok lunch is over will update if anything else of note is said.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #13
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Quote:
Were you listening? There wasn't any equivocation on McD's part despite Rome pressing him...
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #14
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
Were you listening? There wasn't any equivocation on McD's part despite Rome pressing him...
I agree he stood behind Marshall rather than sort of diagonal.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thanks for the heads up. I heard the last few minutes. McDaniels came across well. He's got Rome on his side (Rome's on anybody's side who likes being on the show)

McDaniels is also scheduled to be on Vic Lombardi's radio show, 1600 AM, at or near 7 a.m. tomorrow.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #16
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

1st - Didn't plan for the drama in the offseason, did what was best for team, the system is now in place, lookikng forward to Cincy in September.

2nd - Talked about Saban, Belichick and how he as Head Coach has to keep things in perspective, there are certain things you can't tolerate as a NFL Coach.

3rd - Talked about being coaches son how he has been accustomed to 2 a days since he was 4, 5 years old. Family went through death threats growing up because his Dad was Head Coach of a big Ohio HS football team.

4th - He got used to the pressure at a young age because of death threats and found out how to handle adversity. Gave props to his pops.

5th - Despite boo birds the other night torwards Orton he is doing fine and the offense is picking up everything nicely.

6th - Marshall is rehabbing, basically he trusts that he isn't faking injury because of contract issues. Marshall is at every meeting and they are communicating well.

7th - Little rust on Knowshown but he is a bright kid and he caught on to the system very well in the spring. He is improving every day.

8th - When asked about Belichick's coaching tree not being successful he said he is not sure why they haven't won.

9th - Talked about how the defense last year from an opponents perspective was small and didn't force turnovers and that is why they made offseason acquisitions. They are bigger, more physical, and want to force turnovers.

10th - Talked about how he isn't sleeping on a cot (like Gruden) and thinks that kissing his kids at night when he gets home is better than being a great coach.

Was a great interview, the more I hear this guy the more I like what he is saying.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
He specifically said that he trusted the guy and that he had made contact with the Marshall.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #18
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
He specifically said that he trusted the guy and that he had made contact with the Marshall.
^ Correct

6th - Marshall is rehabbing, basically he trusts that he isn't faking injury because of contract issues. Marshall is at every meeting and they are communicating well.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #19
loborugger
lost in the ether

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
Was a great interview, the more I hear this guy the more I like what he is saying.
Ya, I agree. He hasnt produced anything as of yet, but I do agree with you so far. I would even go so far as to say this - If McDaniels and Cutler are mutually exclusive (can only have one or other), every new day that Cutler opens his piehole points more and more towards this team being better off for having McDaniels than Cutler.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #20
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Ya, I agree. He hasnt produced anything as of yet, but I do agree with you so far. I would even go so far as to say this - If McDaniels and Cutler are mutually exclusive (can only have one or other), every new day that Cutler opens his piehole points more and more towards this team being better off for having McDaniels than Cutler.
I am pretty sure eventually Jay will realize he is the one that made the mistake
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Quote:
Agree, I think we are going to surprise a lot of haters this year. The emphasis on D and special teams is what I like.

Last edited by cousinal11; 08-10-2009 at 12:07 PM..
Old 08-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #22
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
No I wasn't. Just reading the words. Intonation could clearly change the meaning I read into the written word.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #23
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
1st - Didn't plan for the drama in the offseason, did what was best for team, the system is now in place, lookikng forward to Cincy in September.

2nd - Talked about Saban, Belichick and how he as Head Coach has to keep things in perspective, there are certain things you can't tolerate as a NFL Coach.

3rd - Talked about being coaches son how he has been accustomed to 2 a days since he was 4, 5 years old. Family went through death threats growing up because his Dad was Head Coach of a big Ohio HS football team.

4th - He got used to the pressure at a young age because of death threats and found out how to handle adversity. Gave props to his pops.

5th - Despite boo birds the other night torwards Orton he is doing fine and the offense is picking up everything nicely.

7th - Little rust on Knowshown but he is a bright kid and he caught on to the system very well in the spring. He is improving every day.

8th - When asked about Belichick's coaching tree not being successful he said he is not sure why they haven't won.

9th - Talked about how the defense last year from an opponents perspective was small and didn't force turnovers and that is why they made offseason acquisitions. They are bigger, more physical, and want to force turnovers.

10th - Talked about how he isn't sleeping on a cot (like Gruden) and thinks that kissing his kids at night when he gets home is better than being a great coach.

thanks for taking the time to type it out for those of us unable to listen.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #24
loborugger
lost in the ether

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Oh, and one other overlooked thing - he is the only known coach in the NFL who listens to the Rome show. Streams it in the evening. So, if you believe in Jungle Karma...
Old 08-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #25
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That will only last until we all see Orton and Cutler play again. Bronco fans are going to have a real reality check this season. Someday they may even realize that you don't have to want to date your players for them to be good. Shoot, they may even realize that they wouldn't hang out with 90 percent of athletes. Personality has nothing to do with play. People had the same complaints about Elway in his early days.

Who cares as long as you can believe in this kid that came in pounding his chest though, right? Who cares that he made this organization a laughing stock? Who cares that we are going to be a punchline for the next 50 years after this trade plays out? At least we have a young guy that you like! That makes everything better!
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote