The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Vick has a presence at HOF even when absent.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
CANTON, Ohio – Michael Vick(notes) wasn’t anywhere near the latest Hall of Fame ceremony, and he hasn’t even returned to the NFL yet. However, there was a reminder of the impact he might have if and when he returns to the league.

Fliers were left on the windshields of cars in the parking lot outside the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. The fliers read: “Help Wanted: The NFL Hires Pet Killers.”

More From Jason ColeHayes' speed influenced offensive play-calling Aug 9, 2009 Falcons' White ends holdout Aug 8, 2009
Although there was no direct mention of Vick and there was no identification of what organization or person was responsible for the fliers, the message was obvious. In short, Vick’s return will get plenty of negative reaction.

The question is whether some NFL team is willing to put up with that reaction. The Associated Press reported Tuesday that Packers general manager Ted Thompson said the team hadn’t ruled out pursuing Vick, and other teams are believed to have done extensive work in preparation for the chance to sign him.

In the nearly two weeks since Vick was conditionally reinstated to the league, he has yet to visit or hold serious negotiations with any team.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

For ****s sake. He made a mistake, he is human we're all ****ing idiot's sometimes. And on top of that he paid a very steep price for what he did. There's a lot of people out there that have done a lot worse and never paid anything for it. Give the guy a chance to redeem himself.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13WaysToBleed View Post
For ****s sake. He made a mistake, he is human we're all ****ing idiot's sometimes. And on top of that he paid a very steep price for what he did. There's a lot of people out there that have done a lot worse and never paid anything for it. Give the guy a chance to redeem himself.
No way. Its a level of cruelty that goes beyond that.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
Dark Helmet
Lone Star!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13WaysToBleed View Post
Do you have any pets? How about I come over and strangle, electrocute, shoot and drowned all of the animals in your neighborhood; only after putting them in a pit to fend for their lives first. Does that sound like a "mistake"? Vick should be banned from the NFL for life to prove a point.
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

this has gone overboard...... dude served his time

nuff said!
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
521 1N5
Perennial Pro-bowler

Just the way he did it tho- Dude didn't just kill dogs.
521 1N5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
this has gone overboard...... dude served his time

nuff said!

Sparky dissagrees

Last edited by Bronx33; 08-09-2009 at 03:36 PM..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
No way. Its a level of cruelty that goes beyond that.
Stallworth kills a human being gets nothing, no boycotters out in front of the courthouse when he was on trial. Thats the problem with todays society, it's one of the main reasons why there are repeat offenders. They can't get a second chance because of morons who can never admit they made a mistake no matter how severe
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
521 1N5
Perennial Pro-bowler

Damn that picture is nasty.
521 1N5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 521 1N5 View Post
Damn that picture is nasty.

Just trying to make a point with mr kevinjames it seemed he needed to be educated on the victims of vicks past time.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Just trying to make a point with mr kevinjames it seemed he needed educated.
It's a dog! it's not HUMAN! where's all the hoopla for Stallworth? Is a human life not worth more then a dogs?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
It's a dog! it's not HUMAN! where's all the hoopla for Stallworth? Is a human life not worth more then a dogs?

This thread seems to be about a dog killer not Mr stallworth i do understand your anger but you're getting off topic.

Last edited by Bronx33; 08-09-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Old 08-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #13
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
This thread seems to be about a dog killer not Mr stallworth i do understand your anger but you're getting off topic.
it's the same topic. One killed a dog one killed a human being, but yet the guy who killed a dog ridiculed more then the other. That seems off don't ya think?
Old 08-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #14
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Stallworth kills a human being gets nothing, no boycotters out in front of the courthouse when he was on trial. Thats the problem with todays society, it's one of the main reasons why there are repeat offenders. They can't get a second chance because of morons who can never admit they made a mistake no matter how severe
With Vick, it wasnt A mistake when you consider that each time there was a dog fight, more specifically when it was over state lines, a mistake was made. Every time there was a dog fight (especially over state lines) he was breaking the law. So, point of fact, it wasnt A mistake. IT was a "mistake" each time there was a dog fight. It was multiple "mistakes".

Secondly, the bulk of Vicks sentence was for interstate gambling. The penalty for dog fighting per se isnt as severe. So youre wrong in making this comparison as well.

Also, with Stallworth it was an accident and one where he may not even been at fault. The "victim" darted out in front of his car and that was so signifcant that the it mitigated the sentence down to what it was. With Vick, it was not an accident. It was willful and cruel. Your Stallworth comparison sucks.

And lastly, this thread has nothing to do with Stallworth. Speaking out on Vick doesnt imply that youre an advocate of Stallworth. Your comparisons suck and youre not even making sense in going in that direction since Stallworth isnt even relevant.

Last edited by lex; 08-09-2009 at 04:11 PM..
Old 08-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
it's the same topic. One killed a dog one killed a human being, but yet the guy who killed a dog ridiculed more then the other. That seems off don't ya think?
Sorry i must have missed stallworths name in the thread title.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #16
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Now, I am an animal lover, but the man served his time and should be allowed to perform in his line of work.
Do I like Vick for what I did? No, but people commit far worse crimes and nothing happens to them, no riots about that person.
Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth both killed men, yet you don't hear people clamoring they shouldn't get a 2nd chance after drinking and driving.
Instead of focusing on Vick, why don't we focus on stopping the drugs and drunk drivers who kill human beings.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #17
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Now, I am an animal lover, but the man served his time and should be allowed to perform in his line of work.
Do I like Vick for what I did? No, but people commit far worse crimes and nothing happens to them, no riots about that person.
Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth both killed men, yet you don't hear people clamoring they shouldn't get a 2nd chance after drinking and driving.
Instead of focusing on Vick, why don't we focus on stopping the drugs and drunk drivers who kill human beings.
And no one is saying Leonard Little should be allowed to play.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #18
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Youre reasoning is off. Youre off topic and your comparison sucks. They are two totally different circumstances.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

For the love of God, fliers saying the NFL hires pet killers? They hire alot more then that. How about gang bangers, murderers, women beaters, thieves, racists, and the list goes on and on. Where's all the fliers on those types?

I know everybody wants to be a frickin judge but you're not. He did his time based on what his peers said would be acceptable punishment and right there it ends and starts new. The only thing that should carry over are things that would involve keeping Vick away from repeating this, such as he should not be allowed to have a pet nor own or work for a company that involves animals or pets in any fashion.

I'm fine with him coming back to the NFL. I just don't think I'd want him on my team because I don't think he's a very good QB and I wouldn't waste the roster spot on a "wildcat only" type of player.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #20
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Damn this **** drives me crazy, reminds me of when my kids would do something and I'm talking to them about it and they say "well he did it too". Fine, but we are talking about Vick right now, not the level of punishment across the board. It is a problem but that's not what this thread is about.

I agree Vick has served his time. But he has to redeem himself before people see that he has changed and that is tough for any ex con. He put himself in this position. I have no problem with him coming back to the NFL to try and do that. And for those saying it was only dogs, a dog is a live, breathing, being. What does it say about a person's character alone who has no feelings or compassion? I doubt prison changed that.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #21
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
For the love of God, fliers saying the NFL hires pet killers? They hire alot more then that. How about gang bangers, murderers, women beaters, thieves, racists, and the list goes on and on. Where's all the fliers on those types?

I know everybody wants to be a frickin judge but you're not. He did his time based on what his peers said would be acceptable punishment and right there it ends and starts new. The only thing that should carry over are things that would involve keeping Vick away from repeating this, such as he should not be allowed to have a pet nor own or work for a company that involves animals or pets in any fashion.

I'm fine with him coming back to the NFL. I just don't think I'd want him on my team because I don't think he's a very good QB and I wouldn't waste the roster spot on a "wildcat only" type of player.
The people protesting animal abusers arent required to protest according to your heierarchy. Theyre free to focus on what theyre offended by. Others can protest the gangbangers and murderers as they wish. Theres no faulty logic or superceding obligation.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #22
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
With Vick, it wasnt A mistake when you consider that each time there was a dog fight, more specifically when it was over state lines, a mistake was made. Every time there was a dog fight (especially over state lines) he was breaking the law. So, point of fact, it wasnt A mistake. IT was a "mistake" each time there was a dog fight. It was multiple "mistakes".

Secondly, the bulk of Vicks sentence was for interstate gambling. The penalty for dog fighting per se isnt as severe. So youre wrong in making this comparison as well.

Also, with Stallworth it was an accident and one where he may not even been at fault. The "victim" darted out in front of his car and that was so signifcant that the it mitigated the sentence down to what it was. With Vick, it was not an accident. It was willful and cruel. Your Stallworth comparison sucks.

And lastly, this thread has nothing to do with Stallworth. Speaking out on Vick doesnt imply that youre an advocate of Stallworth. Your comparisons suck and youre not even making sense in going in that direction since Stallworth isnt even relevant.
the point is no matter how many mistakes he made he paid for it. The time spent in jail is irrelavent, that's what he was required to do. His debt to society is over with. It's time to move on with his life, he should be able find a job without all the hassle.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #23
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
the point is no matter how many mistakes he made he paid for it. The time spent in jail is irrelavent, that's what he was required to do. His debt to society is over with. It's time to move on with his life, he should be able find a job without all the hassle.
Again, the time he served was more for the interstate gambling and not so much for the animal cruelty.

And sine its a given that you struggle with remaining topical, its kind of ironic that you would try to discern what "the point is." Youre stuff hasnt even been on point the whole time and now youre claiming to know what the point is.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
We're talking about Vick. That the courts made a huge mistake with Stallworth....and Leonard Little, doesn't make what Vick did any less horrible.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
The people protesting animal abusers arent required to protest according to your heierarchy. Theyre free to focus on what theyre offended by. Others can protest the gangbangers and murderers as they wish. Theres no faulty logic or superceding obligation.
But they are not "protesting animal abusers" as you say. They are protesting that the NFL hires animal abusers. The actual focus is on that the NFL hires these types of people. Therefor, my comment was based on the fact that they hire people that have done far worse then animal abuse. If they want to protest against animal abuse, they would have made fliers that said directly that Vick abused animals and leave out that the NFL hires certain types of people. If I were the commish, I would look into this and try to find out who organized this and pursue action against them, as they are in their own words, protesting against the NFL, not Vick.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote