The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default For what it's worth, Cutler clarifying..... (M)

CHICAGO (AP)—Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler(notes) said Saturday that comments about the Denver Broncos that he made during a recent radio interview were aimed at Denver’s training camp, not its fans.

Cutler, traded by the Broncos to the Bears in the spring, sought Saturday to clarify comments he made in an interview earlier in the week, when he had given Chicago a nine and Denver a six on a scale of one to 10.

“Denver’s got great fans,” Cutler said following the Bears’ workout at Soldier Field before a crowd of 27,793 fans. “I wasn’t saying anything about their fans.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #2
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

lying sack of ****. back tracking because you are looking like a giant dillwad in the minds of the league by talking **** about the fans who were enamored with you for 3 years.

**** ****LER!!!!!!!
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,452

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Covering his ass
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Cutler widows unite. Don't let him play you like that, girlfriends...
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

This is about as important to me as it was when he first said it.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:19 AM   #6
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,138

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

I don't blame him for bagging on the fans. There are thousands of nasty, hateful and even vulgar comments made about him on these message boards, all made by fans who know no more than what they've been told about this. If he bothered to read any of this he'd no doubt form an opinion of the writers.

Big surprise if he doesn't care for these fans anymore...a better question is why do any of you care? You got a new QB in town so why are you so obsessed with this guy?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth
 
sisterhellfyre's Avatar
 
fighting the clowns under my bed.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
**** ****LER!!!!!!!
What's the phrase you were looking for there, BroncoMan?

Nuck Cuftler?

I'm seeing T-shirts... baseball caps... Slurpee cups at 7-11... maybe even a Saturday morning cartoon show.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #8
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I don't blame him for bagging on the fans. There are thousands of nasty, hateful and even vulgar comments made about him on these message boards
Yea, and almost none of those comments were made until he flipped us the double-bird and skipped town like a b****. A funny thing happens when you say **** you to people... they often say **** you back. Weird, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
.a better question is why do any of you care? You got a new QB in town so why are you so obsessed with this guy?
Wait, so you're here on your knees servicing him on every single thread that shows up like this, and yet it's OTHER people that are obsessed?

How does that work? Looks to me like your name on the above post, sport.

Gosh, if you're so over the whole thing... why respond 100 times on every thread that comes up?

Hmmm.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:21 AM   #9
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterhellfyre View Post
What's the phrase you were looking for there, BroncoMan?

Nuck Cuftler?

I'm seeing T-shirts... baseball caps... Slurpee cups at 7-11... maybe even a Saturday morning cartoon show.
lol. i just noticed how messed up the post looked after all the words got editied out.

but for those who can not figure it out. it is F@$% Cun tler
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I don't care either way but he just can't come out and say he wasn't talking about the fans when he clearly said how enthusiastic Chicago fans were right after he said the comment about 6 & 9.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:59 AM   #11
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,703

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Screw him.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:58 AM   #12
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoDoug's Avatar
 
R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 2,851

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
This is about as important to me as it was when he first said it.
this.
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #13
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,027

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I don't blame him for bagging on the fans. There are thousands of nasty, hateful and even vulgar comments made about him on these message boards, all made by fans who know no more than what they've been told about this. If he bothered to read any of this he'd no doubt form an opinion of the writers.

Big surprise if he doesn't care for these fans anymore...a better question is why do any of you care? You got a new QB in town so why are you so obsessed with this guy?
Yep.

It's cool when we all bag on the wine and cheese crowd at Invesco these days and how we've lost our 12th man edge, but if Cutler does it, hell, it's a nuclear meltdown around here.

Fact is, Cutler was correct in his assessment of the fans that attend the game. Most of the diehards have been priced out of the stadium and are watching the game on TV somewhere.

For the most part, the fans in the stadium have lost the sense of community and fan pride that goes along with it. And it's not a new phenomeon to Denver. It's happening in a lot of cities were the fans are being driven out of the stadium due to the cost.

Last edited by Atwater His Ass; 08-09-2009 at 04:40 AM..
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #14
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

does it really matter? He's not a Bronco, will never be one again....time to move on.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #15
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

This offseason is awesome.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:11 AM   #16
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
this is about as important to me as it was when he first said it.
+1
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #17
kent156
King of the Ants
 
kent156's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Paradise lost
Posts: 731
Default

27,793 that's a lot of people
kent156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #18
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent156 View Post
27,793 that's a lot of people
They must have better fans.

(or maybe it's a vastly bigger city with a massive population that statistically would add up to more fans showing up to events)

Don't know how many people know this. But population/fan ratio wise the Broncos mop the **** out of Chicago if you compare city/region population to fanbase.

I kind of though Cutler was smart enough to recognize that obvious fact when clamoring how Chicago has better fans via camp attendance.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 08-09-2009 at 07:49 AM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:45 AM   #19
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,138

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Yea, and almost none of those comments were made until he flipped us the double-bird and skipped town like a b****. A funny thing happens when you say **** you to people... they often say **** you back. Weird, huh?
What's weird is that you don't get the simple fact that 100% of your opinion is based on what Bowlen/McDaniels told you happened. NONE of it's based on evidence, only what you choose to accept as true. Yet you continue to delude yourself into thinking you "know" what happened, which you don't.
Quote:
Wait, so you're here on your knees servicing him on every single thread that shows up like this, and yet it's OTHER people that are obsessed?
Actually I've been almost entirely out of this discussion for about a month now. I've probably posted in less than 5% of these threads since that time, maybe less. Check if you like...you'll see nothing but a very few random comments...and multiple suggestions that this argument is tiresome and redundant.

So you're wrong again...in other words, business as usual.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 08-09-2009 at 07:49 AM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #20
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
What's weird is that you don't get the simple fact that 100% of your opinion is based on what Bowlen/McDaniels told you happened. NONE of it's based on evidence, only what you choose to accept as true. Yet you continue to delude yourself into thinking you "know" what happened, which you don't.

Actually I've been almost entirely out of this discussion for about a month now. I've probably posted in less than 5% of these threads since that time, maybe less. Check if you like...you'll see nothing but a very few random comments...and multiple suggestions that this argument is tiresome and redundant.

So you're wrong again...in other words, business as usual.
its called a timeline of events, if you follow it properly, from cutler saying he wants to be traded, then saying he didnt afterwards, then champ bailey coming out saying he woudlnt respond to him during his crybaby phase, if you combine it all together, you quickly see that very little of the blame falls on mcdaniels. mcdaniels would not gaurantee him a roster spot from most accounts, saying if we can help the team we will, cutler took offense to that and went home crying. but then when commenting on jason campbell, he praised him for staying at work and leading the team. odd, he knows what is the right thing to do, and chose not to do it. as soon as he got to chicago he said chicago fans are more passionate than denver fans, yet again you just dis-count that.

we believe the FO because their story makes sense, cutler does not even propose a story, he says "there is things they would have done diff, things i would have done diff" yet the FO disagrees, they would not coddle him like he wanted. you choose to dis-count all the evidence against jay cutler thinking he could do no wrong, when in reality the entire FO has gone in the media the last month talking about how they could not get a hold of him at any point during his holdout, and if they could have hed still be a bronco. a professional does not sit at home refusing to answer his phone at all, regardless of their feelings. this is a business, he needs to treat it like one, sitting at home refusing to talk to anyone is such a babyish antic its ridiculous, i dont know if its ever happened in the NFL before.

Last edited by tsiguy96; 08-09-2009 at 08:30 AM..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #21
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder
 
RMT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 3,296
Default

cutler should follow Madea's advice "put the 'shut' to the 'up'"
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #22
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

NFC North's fans are hard core about camp and all that. Lambeau sells out their inter-squad scrimmage, for crying out loud.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #23
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,807

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
lying sack of ****. back tracking because you are looking like a giant dillwad in the minds of the league by talking **** about the fans who were enamored with you for 3 years.

**** ****LER!!!!!!!
,you think maybe he has a point? There were 13000+ fans at the Broncos open practice at Mile High... The Bears just doubled that at Soldier Field with more than 27000. That and we're coming dangerously close to being like Philly fans... booing in practices.

Cutler is a douche, but he isn't wrong here.

Last edited by Broncoman13; 08-09-2009 at 08:41 AM..
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #24
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,807

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Yep.

It's cool when we all bag on the wine and cheese crowd at Invesco these days and how we've lost our 12th man edge, but if Cutler does it, hell, it's a nuclear meltdown around here.

Fact is, Cutler was correct in his assessment of the fans that attend the game. Most of the diehards have been priced out of the stadium and are watching the game on TV somewhere.

For the most part, the fans in the stadium have lost the sense of community and fan pride that goes along with it. And it's not a new phenomeon to Denver. It's happening in a lot of cities were the fans are being driven out of the stadium due to the cost.
This
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #25
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,138

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
its called a timeline of events, if you follow it properly, from cutler saying he wants to be traded, then saying he didnt afterwards, then champ bailey coming out saying he woudlnt respond to him during his crybaby phase, if you combine it all together, you quickly see that very little of the blame falls on mcdaniels. mcdaniels would not gaurantee him a roster spot from most accounts, saying if we can help the team we will, cutler took offense to that and went home crying. but then when commenting on jason campbell, he praised him for staying at work and leading the team. odd, he knows what is the right thing to do, and chose not to do it. as soon as he got to chicago he said chicago fans are more passionate than denver fans, yet again you just dis-count that.

we believe the FO because their story makes sense, cutler does not even propose a story, he says "there is things they would have done diff, things i would have done diff" yet the FO disagrees, they would not coddle him like he wanted. you choose to dis-count all the evidence against jay cutler thinking he could do no wrong, when in reality the entire FO has gone in the media the last month talking about how they could not get a hold of him at any point during his holdout, and if they could have hed still be a bronco. a professional does not sit at home refusing to answer his phone at all, regardless of their feelings. this is a business, he needs to treat it like one, sitting at home refusing to talk to anyone is such a babyish antic its ridiculous, i dont know if its ever happened in the NFL before.
Don't try to tell me what happened, because you were not there, nor do you know any more than anyone else on this board what went on behind closed doors. What in your entire experience with me would lead you to believe you can convince me that your POV is the correct one? I would assume you know by now it's a waste of time to regurgitate this same story over and over again...where has it got you so far?

The point is not what happened. The point is...things are being said on both ends and some fans hypocritically think they should be able to say anything they want to about this guy, no hold barred, nothing is off limits, even the basics of simple class...and then you're surprised if he's not impressed with you as fans?

You react to the slightest offense and even simple differences of opinion with targeted personal criticism...yet you question why Cutler would react to thousands of nasty fan comments by doing the same?

Is that logical to you?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Denver Broncos