The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
iDENVER
Seasoned Veteran

-BroNcOs-

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default New madden exclusive..

so i got madden 10 a little early do to some connections and the broncos r not all that great in the game. overall rating is 70, the oakland raiders have a 71 . However knowshon is a monster
iDENVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I prefer them to be lower rated. Otherwise it looks like bandwagon, plus it's funnier beating the steelers and pats bandwagon with lower rated teams. The trick is having players you can work with, and we have that. Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Knowshon Moreno, Champ Bailey Brian Dawkins, DJ Williams. If you have guys you can focus your team through and utilize I find your team is better than a solid team across the board because you have to play smarter and better than the chodes that use high rated teams.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Well, while I'm happy to believe that you have it, the overall ratings have been available for a month now... come to think of it, so have the individual player ratings.

Nevertheless, I'll play along what's it like? Worth the $$$?
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I hate you.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Why does it matter if he got it early? Noone will be online to play against, not to mention he'll just get burned out on it that much sooner lol
Old 08-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #6
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
Well, while I'm happy to believe that you have it, the overall ratings have been available for a month now... come to think of it, so have the individual player ratings.

Nevertheless, I'll play along what's it like? Worth the $$$?
It shipped like three days ago, stores all over the country have broken street date, like they always do. Anyone who wants to do a little research and put the leg work in could get a copy at this point.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

it can already be downloaded if you know where to look
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDENVER View Post
so i got madden 10 a little early do to some connections and the broncos r not all that great in the game. overall rating is 70, the oakland raiders have a 71 . However knowshon is a monster
Really? I woulda thought different seeing how slow he is...

I always go speed and it kicks everyone's ass (yes the Oakland strat works in a video game)
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i just think its funny, how can a team with such a solid oline and running game be predicted to be SO bad? not to mention 2 amazing WR, a really good TE, a solid secondary and good ILB....
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i just think its funny, how can a team with such a solid oline and running game be predicted to be SO bad? not to mention 2 amazing WR, a really good TE, a solid secondary and good ILB....
The amazing WR's are negated by the amazingly poor QB. The good ILB are negated by the incredibly poor DLine. The good TE is negated by the fact that he is not a part of the playbook. The Running game and solid OL is FORSURE though.

Curious, are there tons of screens you can use in the game, iDenver?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
The amazing WR's are negated by the amazingly poor QB. The good ILB are negated by the incredibly poor DLine. The good TE is negated by the fact that he is not a part of the playbook. The Running game and solid OL is FORSURE though.

Curious, are there tons of screens you can use in the game, iDenver?
since when are amazing WRs negated by poor qb? steve smith, calvin johnson, randy moss, wes welker, andre johnson, all had QBs that are as good or worse than orton, they do JUST fine. the "incredibly poor dline" has a different job, they just need to hold blocks, and they will be far better at that then their assignments last year, allowing the LBs to make plays.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #12
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Really? I woulda thought different seeing how slow he is...

I always go speed and it kicks everyone's ass (yes the Oakland strat works in a video game)
They have significantly decreased game speed across the board. Willie Parker is one of the faster RBs in the game and if I recall he only has a 92. Eddie Royal is still one of the faster WRs in the league and he's only got a 93.

Comparatively Moreno's 86 would probably be a 90 in Madden '09. What is more important is his 96 agility and 97 acceleration. Willie Parker is in the mid-80's on both of those categories, and it shows when you play the demo. Guys with 80's accelerations don't hit top speed like they used to anymore and hitting top speed is more important than ever since Pro-Tak introduces phsyics based tackles for the first time in franchise history.

In effect: After three yards of running Moreno is at 97% of 86 speed. Willie Parker is at 86% of 92 speed. Who's got more momentum and will be harder to bring down? Add the fact that Moreno has serious wiggle and lateral mobility (high agility) and you've got a guy who isn't going to go running away from everyone in the open field, but is a monster at picking up 5-10 yard runs and if the opposition isn't careful can easily take 20-30.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
since when are amazing WRs negated by poor qb? steve smith, calvin johnson, randy moss, wes welker, andre johnson, all had QBs that are as good or worse than orton, they do JUST fine. the "incredibly poor dline" has a different job, they just need to hold blocks, and they will be far better at that then their assignments last year, allowing the LBs to make plays.

No sense arguing with you. If you think Delhomme, Schaub (sp?) or Cassell are worse or even with Orton... you've got your mind made up and I'm not gonna waste any more time with you.

Jake Delhomme has never had a QB rating under 80. Kyle Orton, never over 80.

Matt Schaub in two years starting, QB ratings of 87 and 92.

Matt Cassell in year one... 89 and he just happened to throw for more TDs than Orton has ever thrown for in his first season (in 15 games I might add).

Now, Calvin Johnson had the worlds shiatiest QB's throwing him the ball. That I would agree with, but are you seriously comparing either Royal or Marshall to Calvin Johnson?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #14
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
No sense arguing with you. If you think Delhomme, Schaub (sp?) or Cassell are worse or even with Orton... you've got your mind made up and I'm not gonna waste any more time with you.

Matt Cassell in year one... 89 and he just happened to throw for more TDs than Orton has ever thrown for in his first season (in 15 games I might add).

Now, Calvin Johnson had the worlds shiatiest QB's throwing him the ball. That I would agree with, but are you seriously comparing either Royal or Marshall to Calvin Johnson?
Yeah but its a video game. Plus in 09 madden ALL THAT MATTERED was a stud WR. Seriously, go play with Matt Ryan and his original ratings, or With Calvin Johnson. Stud WR's are ALWAYS open and ALWAYS make great plays. I'd always rather have a 95+ WR with a mediocre QB than the other way around.

Btw, if you think Matt Cassel only played 15 games, theres no point in arguing with YOU. Lol, seriously missed 1 drive and that counts for a game?

Last edited by Doggcow; 08-09-2009 at 12:50 PM..
Old 08-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #15
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

matt cassel hadnt played in 7 years, mcdaniels made him come in and get that QB rating of 89 and modified the system to play to his strengths, yet you are convinced that he cant do the same to orton? ridiculous.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Ortons THP is a f'n 75!!! Thats a unusable Madden QB period.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtH2O-27 View Post
im talking more about real life. madden is 100% different, vince young is the most dangerous QB in madden...
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #18
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Why? I never used Cutler to throw more than like 20 yards unless someone was wide open. It works so much better to just dink and dunk, half the time on long passes your guys totally miss it or its errant or its dropped or the safeties get over there with massive closing boost speed and pick it off. Long passes in Madden are for cheesers who play as the pats and bomb it to Moss every down because they can't actually play.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #19
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yet another tweak they've made. Arm strength isn't everything and you don't need to be cannon armed to deliver the ball deep.

I know a guy who's been playing it the last few days, big 49ers fan, he's completed deep bombs online against good players using good teams (Dallas, Arizona, Pittsburgh) with Shaun Hill to Michael Crabtree.

What you will see is that the deeper you go with Orton the more likely he is to be off in his aim, but the ball will still get there without becoming a hanging duck like it used to with low arm strength in previous games.

Its a significantly overhauled Madden that is much more sim than the previous games.

Does Kyle Orton still suck on the game? Sure a hell does, he's a 74. That doesn't mean he's going to suck in real life or that he can't do good whatsoever in the game, but yes, he's starting off with a big disadvantage.

Now if he puts up a 90 QB rating through the first six or seven games, see how quickly Tiburon jumps that 74 up to a mid-80's rating with the associated bumps in throw power and throw accuracy.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Yet another tweak they've made. Arm strength isn't everything and you don't need to be cannon armed to deliver the ball deep.

I know a guy who's been playing it the last few days, big 49ers fan, he's completed deep bombs online against good players using good teams (Dallas, Arizona, Pittsburgh) with Shaun Hill to Michael Crabtree.

What you will see is that the deeper you go with Orton the more likely he is to be off in his aim, but the ball will still get there without becoming a hanging duck like it used to with low arm strength in previous games.

Its a significantly overhauled Madden that is much more sim than the previous games.

Does Kyle Orton still suck on the game? Sure a hell does, he's a 74. That doesn't mean he's going to suck in real life or that he can't do good whatsoever in the game, but yes, he's starting off with a big disadvantage.

Now if he puts up a 90 QB rating through the first six or seven games, see how quickly Tiburon jumps that 74 up to a mid-80's rating with the associated bumps in throw power and throw accuracy.
to be fair, a 74 this year is like 80-85 in previous years..
Old 08-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #21
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Why? I never used Cutler to throw more than like 20 yards unless someone was wide open. It works so much better to just dink and dunk, half the time on long passes your guys totally miss it or its errant or its dropped or the safeties get over there with massive closing boost speed and pick it off. Long passes in Madden are for cheesers who play as the pats and bomb it to Moss every down because they can't actually play.
I dink & dunk as well but doing so with a qb with a 96 & one with a 75 are two totally different things. If they've totally redone the passing maybe hes unusable but on last years game he'd be useless. The ball would rainbow even on 20 yard throws. As far as cheesers tossin it deep, ive never had trouble stoppin that BS, have you?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #22
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I dink & dunk as well but doing so with a qb with a 96 & one with a 75 are two totally different things. If they've totally redone the passing maybe hes unusable but on last years game he'd be useless. The ball would rainbow even on 20 yard throws. As far as cheesers tossin it deep, ive never had trouble stoppin that BS, have you?
Ive played with Kyle Orton on 09 and he played fine with my offensive style. I don't usually throw more than 15 yards, much less 20.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

BTW if any PS3 users wanna get some games on when it comes out, add me to your friends list anytime My name is: Atwater27
Old 08-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #24
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I only play on 360, Doggcow.

Not gonna buy for PS3 lol
Old 08-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #25
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Ive played with Kyle Orton on 09 and he played fine with my offensive style. I don't usually throw more than 15 yards, much less 20.
Well I would hope so. His THP is a 85 on 09.