The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default Off-site VS. Dove Valley Training Camp

For all those who've been to TCs past and present, whats your opinion on TC at Dove Valley as far as location goes?

To make my point better - in the past (up until 2003 I think) the Broncos would go to training camp at UNC in Greeley, stay in the dorm rooms and generally spend most of their time together as a team while learning and practicing. It seems to me that at Dove Valley, the players would be more likely to go home between sessions and spend less time together as a team and possibly find more distractions.

I used to go to TC in Greeley when I was growing up and it was great. I'm sure the fan experience doesn't change much between Greeley and south Denver, but does the experience seem to be lacking something at Dove Valley? Anyone think the Broncos will ever do an off-site camp again? Did the Patriots do TC at their own location?

Last edited by Irish Stout; 08-06-2009 at 02:00 PM..
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

I heard that all players are staying in a hotel together
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Meck77

Greeley was like a boot camp. The players lived together for weeks. Under shanny Dove Valley camp was powder puff football. Not sure if any of you ever hung out by the team store after practice but I can tell you first hand the players could not wait to get out of dodge. It was like race track of cadillacs SUV racing out of there.

The point is I got the feeling the guys in Greeley lived, worked, breathed and dreamed about football.

Good thing is Shanny is gone and so is the weak camps he use to run.

Greeley was also more intimate for fans. I remember going out there and only seeing 50-100 people there towards the end of camp.

2438 if they are staying together that's certainly a step in the right direction to building some team unity instead of the guys going out to the bars to get drunk.

Bowlen put a bunch of money into Dove Valley before camp moved there. I can't see the team going elsewhere.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Lived in Greeley for a few years and TC was great for the fans. Players would interact with the fans/sign autographs all the time. Went to TC a few years back and it was a huge difference. Player/Fan interaction was about 1/4 of what it was in Greeley.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan2438 View Post
I heard that all players are staying in a hotel together
I think this is huge if true. Keep the guys focused on football.

Personally if I were in the NFL I would hate to stay in a dorm room for several weeks, but I would think it was important to develop the team chemistry that can come by being around each other for an extended period.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Read Paper Tiger to get a perspective.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote