The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default The league and Broncos twittering policies...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4379573

Quote:
Twitter intolerance is no surprise in a league where paranoia is part of the playbook. Like many Americans, coaches are anxious and a little confused about the rapid pace of change in communication.

"I don't really have a Twitter policy," Denver coach Josh McDaniels said. "I don't know what it means; I don't know what it is. I don't know MyFace, Spacebook, Facebook stuff. I don't know what that is either."

McDaniels mangled the Web-site names in jest, and the Broncos actually do prohibit tweeting. Such restrictions run contrary to a recommendation from league headquarters that teams allow tweeting and blogging during training camp practices.

"It is not practical to prohibit media from doing some reporting [via tweeting, texting, blogging, etc.]," a league memo to teams said.

Along with the Broncos and Dolphins, the New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints and Detroit Lions disagree. They don't allow reporting from the practice field.

The Broncos also banned cell phones and computers at workouts to prohibit fans from tweeting or texting. The Colts went a step further by prohibiting reporters' notebooks (the spiral kind) at practice, but the ban was quickly rescinded.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Lulz.

Quote:
MyFace, Spacebook
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

We're getting plenty of reports. Do they just not know about it?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

They don't catch it and they can't make everyone go back who has a cell phone. The press will kind of walk away from the crowd and secretively tweet out a message. Seen it with my own eyes.

I knew the policy and turned mine off and if something big would have happened I would have just left the practice sent a message and come back. But all the media sneak updates out.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote