The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default Rivial teams TC's

Anyone keeping an eye out on how the Chuggers, Faid, and Cellar dwellers in KFC are doing?

If so lets make this the AFC west TC update thread.

If not I will reread "Failure is not an option" again.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

All I've heard is the cheeps picked up some 80 year old wr and the Faid sent their QB to fat camp.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
Dark Helmet
Lone Star!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J.

KFC just picked up Toomer....Nuff said.

The Faiders #1 pick, Darrius Heyward-Bey dropped 3 passes yesterday and 4 today.

Shawn Merriman took too many roids and his arm exploded.
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark helmet View Post
kfc just picked up toomer....nuff said.

The faiders #1 pick, darrius heyward-bey dropped 3 passes yesterday and 4 today.

Shawn merriman took too many roids and his arm exploded.
the division is in the bag!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Chiefs implemented the same fitness test with sprints with exactly the same results as Denver....some team leaders not being allowed to play for a day.

It will be interesting to see which team has more success out-Patrioting the other.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I always say you have to know the enemy.

Russell is fat, KFC just picked up Toomer and Roid boy is still insane.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Chiefs implemented the same fitness test with sprints with exactly the same results as Denver....some team leaders not being allowed to play for a day.

It will be interesting to see which team has more success out-Patrioting the other.
I heard that this is a trend around the league with 1st time or new HC's.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

they all suck weiners, end of story. go broncos.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Tried to search for some info on the Chargers training camp, found out its closed to the public this year so that means your going to get only the skewed versions from the team and media. Heres what I got from the Chargers Blog, looks like Sunday was the first day in pads:

Norv on Merriman and Buster

Posted by: Casey Pearce
August 3, 2009 – 12:01 PM

Here’s what Norv said about Merriman and Buster missing this morning’s practice:
“We have a schedule for Shawne. This thing is kind of planned out and we wanted to get him through the weekend like we did. He’ll occasionally take a morning off. This morning he was off and the reason would be obviously we went one (practice) yesterday. If he takes this morning off, it’ll end up being one today, one tomorrow. It gives his knee a chance to recover each day. It’s just the plan we have.”
“Buster has a very tight quad. Unfortunately when you’re coming off of an injury and you’re recovering from it and rehabbing and doing all the things, you’re not able to be in the same kind of condition that the other guys who have been in six-month offseason program are. He’s got some catching up to do.”

Tags: Buster Davis, Shawne Merriman
Posted in Training Camp | No Comments »

Gregory steals the show

August 2, 2009 – 6:37 AM

The first padded practice of training camp was a physical one that started with a bang, but safety Steve Gregory shined the brightest Sunday afternoon. He broke up a pair of passes and picked off another. The fourth-year pro worked with the second team in base and the first team in nickel. He’s a great guy who you can’t help but be happy for.
Norv doesn’t do a full Oklahoma drill like his predecessor but he will throw it in there every once in a while. Ogemdi “Oggie” Nwagbuo beat Tyronne Green three times and then Louis Vasquez won a battle with Vaughn Martin. Fun stuff.
Eric Weddle talked about the secondary’s goal of eliminating big plays, and they did again Sunday. Quentin Jammer knocked away a pair of deep balls, one on a deep flag pattern where Weddle was closing over the top.
Lots of players look different when they put on the pads, but no one more than Jacob Hester. He’s put on about 10 pounds this offseason and he had a nice practice. There was a lot of inside run work and Hester could repeatedly be heard popping the pads.
When they wear the pads they do my favorite drill: one-on-one pass rush. Martin looked really good in that period, and you can really see English’s quickness off the ball when he’s isolated.
Two a days tomorrow so check back for plenty more.

Tags: Eric Weddle, Louis Vasquez, Quentin Jammer, Steve Gregory, Vaughn Martin
Posted in Training Camp | No Comments »

http://blog.chargers.com/

And yes I feel dirty for going to their site.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

um I have heard Dorsey for the Chiefs isnt looking too hot there

I guess his knee is still a problem and he failed the conditioning test

Perhaps too early, but the B word is starting to rear its ugly head
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #11
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post

Just because he is a chief I think its abit premature to call him a b****
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
All I've heard is the cheeps picked up some 80 year old wr and the Faid sent their QB to fat camp.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL that is ****ing hilarious
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #13
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Raiders Practice Touchdown Celebrations Just in Case It Actually Happens in a Game

Old but relevant
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Dorsey is too fat to practice
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 4, 2009 5:54 PM ET

Glenn Dorsey was a favorite of the draft graders.

When the Chiefs choose him fifth overall in 2008, the reviews were unanimous; the Chiefs got a great bargain in the LSU defensive tackle.

Little more than a year later, Dorsey seems far from a sure thing.

As Evan Silva pointed out in today's one-liners, Dorsey has essentially been deemed too fat to practice. (As opposed to too fat to fish.)

Five days after failing a conditioning test, Dorsey continues to try to get slim while his teammates practice football.

Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star wondered if the Chiefs are trying to prove a point:

"He's spending time on sprints and the stationary bike, but I can't help but think that some of the exercises he's doing aren't more for continued humiliation of the one player who can't seem to get in shape," Babb wrote.

It's not like Dorsey showed his talent as a rookie, but let things slide this offseason.

He did very little last season. Jason Whitlock broke out the B word by midseason, although there were legitimate questions later regarding how Dorsey was utilized.

Those excuses won't hold up if Dorsey fails to impress another coaching staff. Dorsey barely practiced this offseason because of a shin injury before showing up heavy to camp.

Dorsey is one of the young players the Chiefs should build around, but he risks getting left behind.

Complicating matters is that Dorsey must learn a new scheme. Expected to be a penetrating tackle in a 4-3 defense, he will now be asked to occupy blockers in a 3-4.

At this rate, Dorsey could wind up being a very round and expensive peg that doesn't fit into any of Kansas City's holes.

UPDATE: Dorsey is out of purgatory. He was cleared to practice Tuesday. Next task: ensure that he has a starting job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-bust-status/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Team Reports: AFC West
Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Posted By The Trenches 9:00 AM

Every Monday through Friday, The Trenches will present team reports from Sporting News' 32 NFL correspondents. Check back each day for the latest news on your team.

Oakland Raiders

The Raiders are attempting to trade DE Derrick Burgess for one or more draft picks. Burgess is holding out in an attempt to force the Raiders' hand over a contract that has one year remaining and pays him $2 million this season. It's unlikely that the Raiders will get much, if anything, in return for Burgess because they don't have much leverage. The coaches have moved veteran Greg Ellis into Burgess' left end spot and are confident Ellis will give them more production than Burgess did the past two seasons, especially against the run. Burgess' absence also allows the Raiders to develop Trevor Scott and Matt Shaughnessy.
— Steve Corkran

Kansas City Chiefs

Because of the absence of unsigned first-round DE Tyson Jackson, fellow rookie Alex Magee is playing with the starters and taking advantage of his opportunity. Magee is active, moves well and has shown some pass-rush skills. He dominated a one-on-one pass rush drill Monday, albeit mostly against backups. The Chiefs still need Jackson in camp. They are thin at end, and he projects as a better long-term player than Magee. ... The offensive line became complete when RT Damion McIntosh returned to practice Monday. He was held out the first three practice sessions after failing a conditioning test. The Chiefs can afford no more drama along their offensive front. The starters need as much time together as possible.
— Adam Teicher

San Diego Chargers

RB Michael Bennett appears destined to be a Charger again, despite the fact the team is loaded at running back and even drafted one in the fourth round. Bennett, who has been with four teams in his eight NFL seasons, has been running strong early in camp. Having Bennett's experience makes the coaches feel better should LaDainian Tomlinson get injured. Backup Darren Sproles is not seen as an every-down back, and the Chargers would not want to be stuck going with rookie Gartrell Johnson. So while Bennett might be inactive every game, he likely will be on the roster. ... WR Buster Davis missed his first practice of camp after going strong for the previous eight workouts. Davis is battling a "really tight quad," according to coach Norv Turner. Nagging leg injuries have plagued Davis, the '07 first round pick who spent the final eight weeks of last season on I.R. after groin surgery.
— Kevin Acee

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The...ports_afc_west

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #16
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2009 - 1:18 a.m. ET

RIVER FALLS, Wis.—As the Kansas City Chiefs bid adieu to their training camp home for the last 19 years—they'll be in St. Joseph, Mo., next year—they face these questions:

1.) All the right moves? After inheriting a team that won only six games the last two seasons, new G.M. Scott Pioli didn't waste time changing the landscape. He fired Herm Edwards and replaced him with first-year coach Todd Haley. He acquired former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel, who has started only 15 NFL games—then signed him to a lucrative contract. And he traded Tony Gonzalez, the most productive tight end in NFL history. If those bold moves pan out, Pioli will look like a genius. If not ...

2.) Where's the rush? The defense had only 10 sacks last season, the fewest in the NFL since the league went to a 16-game schedule in 1978. The jury is out on whether drafting end Tyson Jackson in the first round, trading for veteran linebacker Mike Vrabel and moving former ends Tamba Hali and Turk McBride to outside linebacker was enough to improve the pass rush.

3.) Can the Elvis Bono Express continue to roll? Bono looked like the second coming of Tom Brady last year in New England, where considerably more talent surrounded him than what he'll have in Kansas City. Cassel might take a step back before he takes one forward.

4.) How's the protection? The offensive line features a Pro Bowl guard in Brian Waters, but the rest of the starters are average and there isn't a lot of depth. Making this group more suspect is the fact three linemen—Waters, Mike Goff and Damion McIntosh—failed the conditioning test at the start of camp and that Waters asked to be traded or released during the offseason.

5.) How will they hold up early in the season? The Chiefs' first seven games include road games in Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington and home games against the Giants, Cowboys and Chargers. If they start the season 1-6 or worse, things could blow up in a hurry.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...ning-questions

Old 08-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #17
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Warpaint Illustrated's Chiefs camp coverage:

The WRs are catching everything in sight, meanwhile the CBs are in flat out shutdown mode. The pass rush appears devastatingly effective, while Branden Albert and the line looked like road graders. Cassel looked like Joe Montana and LJ could have had close to 250 yards out there, even though Derrick Johnson had 3 picks on him and dumped LJ for 4 TFL.

Competition?

Pfft.

The Chiefs will have no trouble taking down the Chargers, Colts, Steelers and Patriots.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #18
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
and the chiefs star DT is too fat to practice
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

The WRs are catching everything in sight, meanwhile the CBs are in flat out shutdown mode. The pass rush appears devastatingly effective, while Branden Albert and the line looked like road graders. Cassel looked like Joe Montana and LJ could have had close to 250 yards out there, even though Derrick Johnson had 3 picks on him and dumped LJ for 4 TFL.

Competition?

Pfft.

The Chiefs will have no trouble taking down the Chargers, Colts, Steelers and Patriots.
Wow, I 've never had to wait this long into the off season before the first SB war cry from the Chiefs is heard. But here it is.

Quote:
Norv on Merriman and Buster

August 3, 2009 – 12:01 PM

Here’s what Norv said about Merriman and Buster missing this morning’s practice:
“We have a schedule for Shawne. This thing is kind of planned out and we wanted to get him through the weekend like we did. He’ll occasionally take a morning off. This morning he was off and the reason would be obviously we went one (practice) yesterday. If he takes this morning off, it’ll end up being one today, one tomorrow. It gives his knee a chance to recover each day. It’s just the plan we have.”
“Buster has a very tight quad. Unfortunately when you’re coming off of an injury and you’re recovering from it and rehabbing and doing all the things, you’re not able to be in the same kind of condition that the other guys who have been in six-month offseason program are. He’s got some catching up to do.”
I can almost see Norv talking out of of the side of his mouth

Last edited by gunns; 08-04-2009 at 06:21 PM..
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #20
kmartin575
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:

It's his shin, not his knee, and he is back in practice now.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:44 AM   #21
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Guy with a Chargers hat came into my work today. Told him I was a Denver fan and he chuckled. Wished us luck in the upcoming season and told me I shouldn't worry, we'll be fine this year. Asked him at what point did I say I was worried?
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #22
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Chiefs corral Tyson Jackson

Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2009 6:51 PM ET
Brad Biggs of NFP and Nick Wright of KCSP radio in Kansas City report that the Chiefs have agreed to terms with defensive end Tyson Jackson, the third overall pick in the 2009 draft.

Per Wright, it's a five-year deal.

The development could accelerate talks between the Seahawks and linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick. It's widely believed that Curry and the Seahawks were waiting on Jackson and the Chiefs.

-
Old 08-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #23
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Chiefs corral Tyson Jackson

Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2009 6:51 PM ET
Brad Biggs of NFP and Nick Wright of KCSP radio in Kansas City report that the Chiefs have agreed to terms with defensive end Tyson Jackson, the third overall pick in the 2009 draft.

Per Wright, it's a five-year deal.

The development could accelerate talks between the Seahawks and linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick. It's widely believed that Curry and the Seahawks were waiting on Jackson and the Chiefs.

-

Hmmmm, isnt that nice. Where you at Moreno?
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #24
80smith
Perennial Pro-bowler

Love me some grilled food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

Competition?

Pfft.

I'm confused....... If the WRs are catching everthing, then HOW can the CBs be in "flat out shutdown mode"?
80smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #25
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80smith View Post
i'm confused....... If the wrs are catching everthing, then how can the cbs be in "flat out shutdown mode"?
whooosssshhhhhhhhhh!
worm is offline   Reply With Quote