The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default It's in-vogue: New Hillis Article--Broncos FB Still a Bone-rattler

Full article: http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...epKx0NC7A-WnOQ

Newer quotes not seen elsewhere (by me):

Quote:
At Arkansas, Hillis was a fullback, tailback, tight end, wide receiver and kick returner. However, he made his mark by boring holes for 2008 first-round draft picks Darren McFadden and Felix Jones, who got the star treatment.

Hillis amassed 2,624 all-purpose yards and scored 23 touchdowns in three years with the Razorbacks, but he feels he could have contributed a lot more.
"I didn't run the ball very much in college. I sat out most of the time and played a little slot receiver, a little tight end, a little fullback but that's pretty much about it," he said.

Asked if his skills could have been put to better use at Arkansas, Hillis demurred: "I still have a bad taste in my mouth about college and I don't really like to look back on it. I have to look forward from here on out."
Hillis, who was born in Conway, Ark., never considered leaving Fayetteville until it was time to go pro.

"I loved Arkansas and I loved the program and I loved the people there," Hillis said. "I love my state. I always wanted to stay loyal to my state."

So, he just had to bite his tongue and bide his time.

Now, he embraces his versatility.

"In the NFL, it's all about what you can do, not who you are," Hillis said. "They just want the best player to play. And if that's me that day, then great. If it's not, then I understand. But it's very fair here and I like that."
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

I love this dude. One of only three jerseys I'd buy. Other two: Royal, Larson.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote