The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default Fellow Maners I am So Sorry

In one fleeting moment I ruined what was a big step for the Orange Mane. On Friday I posted one of my pictures of Pat Bowlen. In the Caption I wrote the Myth, the Man, the Gutless. As I try to write my reports with the orange mane in mind I used what had become a friendly joke by many here after the meltdown resulting from the firing of Mike Shanahan.

We were informed today that the Broncos organization was not happy with that caption and that our press privledges for the remainder of camp have been suspended.

I have been a big supporting voice of Bowlen and it sickens me that something I wrote has ruined what was a great thing for this site. I am absolutely humiliated and disgusted that something like this came of that report.

I apologize to all of you and specifically to Taco, Kaylore, SoCalBronco, and the others who had been given the opportunity to report. My intentions were never ill will and I just can't believe I caused this to happen.

In light of that and in hopes of possibly the Broncos considering the Orange Mane in the future for press access have asked Taco to delete my account. I won't be posting anymore as I am too embarrassed and disgusted with myself.

I appreciate all of you even the ones I had heated arguments with as the passion and knowledge of this site is unequal to any others. I am so sorry that something I did caused such a horrible result.

If you want email me at nscott24@msn.com if you would like to chat. I hope that my actions haven't cause a permanent camp banning and hope this site continues to grow and evolve into even better things. Thank you all for your conversation and friendship its been a great few years.

Regards,
Nick aka ApaOps5
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Can we contact someone with Broncos media people to perhaps get the OM reinstated?
Old 08-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Nick, take it easy - there's no reason to beat yourself up too much over this.

I know that this is a blow, but I promise you that something good will come of this, whether it happens now or it happens years from now. I'm taking the long view on this, and didn't expect that the Mane's road to legitimacy wasn't going to come without any bumps in the road.

This is not the end of our coverage. This is not the end of my dreams for the site. It's just a road bump that put a serious bruise on our butt. That bruise will heal, and we'll come out better for it.

Take a break, buddy, and when you're ready to come back, your account and friends will all still be here waiting for you.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

WTF dude don't let something like that run you off everybody makes mistakes we forgive you
Old 08-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Dude, that sucks, but not a reason to go into hiding. Despite any repercussions, you didn't do anything with malicious intent, and that goes pretty far with me.

You made the mistake, owned up, and apologized. Banishment is overkill. I'd hate to lose a quality contributor.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
Can we contact someone with Broncos media people to perhaps get the OM reinstated?

We've done everything we can. Nick is no longer part of our training camp coverage team, and I've personally apologized to the Broncos over the incident letting them know that we've taken steps to correct the issue, that we still love the Broncos, and will continue to do our thing as best we can. It may be that this is a one and done thing for the Broncos. Let's hope not, and that they'll recognize that we've taken steps to correct the issue, and we can view this as a bump in the road to put behind us.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Which is why I have asked Taco to erase my account. Its permanent and final and may go a long ways with the Broncos PR department.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
Stuck In Texas
Seasoned Veteran

Procrastinate Now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Does this mean that anytime something is written that the Broncos don't like they're going to suspend press privileges? If so, that's a pretty troubling thing.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #9
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Darn. Don't be to hard on yourself Nick. Sounds to me like it was an error in judgement and you are taking it a little too hard. If the Broncos were to review your posts they would see you are very pro Bowlen and McD. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sounds like Fascism to me! I call shenanigans.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
SpiritGuy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In Texas View Post
Does this mean that anytime something is written that the Broncos don't like they're going to suspend press privileges? If so, that's a pretty troubling thing.
that's what I was wondering. It seems pretty thin skinned.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #12
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

As Taco suggests, don't beat yourself up over it, the Mane is teaming with irreverent comments about Bowlen and McD....many of which are sarcasm aimed at other posters. As was yours.

Stick around.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In Texas View Post
i agree. i hope the broncos see that this is a fan site where hundreds of fans have detailed conversations on the team, and to no avail to us either, we have zero control or effect on the team yet spend hundreds of hours a year discussing the team, i would hope the team sees that and realizes how big of fans the people on this message board really are.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #14
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Nick, take it easy man. It could have happened to any of us.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

From what I've read, the fan sections have had better views so far this camp, anyways. The press conferences with the media after practice we can read through the team site, and other existing media outlets.

Honestly, the hilarity that the Broncos saw Bowlen referred to as "gutless" and are having this kind of reaction is well worth it, imo.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #16
DivineBronco
Ring of Famer

if you like Cutler you are my enemy

the organization looks awful making this move.....makes me sad
Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Who's the ****head, weasel, lurker PR b**** who can't take something in context?
Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #18
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

What? I must have missed all that. Dang, Apa, you must have pissed some people off. Not in a malicious intent, I surmise. I hope all this blows over, tempest in a teacup kind of thing . . . . . .
Old 08-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #19
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Which is why I have asked Taco to erase my account. Its permanent and final and may go a long ways with the Broncos PR department.
To be honest I'd rather you stuck around mate, otherwise who am I gonna hammer in this years fantasy football final.

In all seriousness though Apa, you're beating yourself up far too much there. There's no way you could've forseen the Broncos interpretation of your post and as Oskie says there's a queue of hundreds of posters on this site who've had far worse to say about our brass over the past few months.

Hang in there fella.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #20
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Some of the vitrolic name-calling and efforts to be "clever" had been over the top lately. When that gets out of hand, this ceases to be a site dedicated to dsicussions about the Broncos. Instead it becomes a site whereon people vie to use the more vile names in an effort to be "funny". Doesn't work well. Well, we may get the reports from the other sites, now.

Clever and smutty never work well together.

So long, Nick. Hope to see you on one of the other sites........
Old 08-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #21
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Who cares? It's a joke anyways.

This shows what kind of organization the Broncos are now running. If Denver Post publishes an article that is harsh on Pat Bowlen, does that mean DP will be suspended from press conferences?

Whatever, who cares.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #22
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Big deal, the camp reports were great before you guys had press access anyways. You will get a better view from the normal fan section anyways.......go back to your roots.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #23
Grover
Rookie

ApaOps5 -

I've enjoyed you insight and am troubled by these events. I think the Broncos overreacted. But I guess that there is a difference between the standards of professional journalists and amateur blogs. I'm sure it was more like you were posting to "friends" and using an inside joke - which backfired when you look at the duties and responsibilities of the profession of journalism.

I wish you absolutely the best. I know you're hurt and embarrassed, but it will pass an you will have learned something from it.

I know we haven't communicated directly together and I "know" you just from your posts - but let me say, be well my friend.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #24
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTribbey View Post
Who cares? It's a joke anyways.

This shows what kind of organization the Broncos are now running. If Denver Post publishes an article that is harsh on Pat Bowlen, does that mean DP will be suspended from press conferences?

Whatever, who cares.
There are ways to offer criticism without being vile or juvenile about it.....
Old 08-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #25
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Should we Flog Him Now or Flog Him later?

If the Broncos are so thin skinned why oh why is Woody still welcome? Lets get this straight Broncos. This is the New Media, The OM is a giant Beacon to Broncos Fans Everywhere. We are not a bunch of computer geeks clustered in KC Basements. (That is Chiefs Planet)
Closed Thread