The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default Interesting Tidbits from Josina with Fox

First please leave the childish comments out as its just bull****, okay 24Champ.

She posts some good tidbits about the 3 PUP players. Sounds like here source is Marcus Thomas calling the test BS and high school. Get used to it is what I have to say be fit.

http://community.kdvr.com/_Sources-F...idgetId=216686
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

“I believe this test comes from the Patriots. If you are Bill Belichick maybe, but you are not Bill Belichick. All his other disciples have gotten run over. You can’t just go in and demand respect, you have to earn it. Trust me, this is not the way to do it.”

“Something happened. My guess, either (Broncos owner) Pat Bowlen got in Josh McDaniels [edit] and said what the [edit] are you doing, get Champ out there, or all these guys on the field; or, two, Josh felt like he made his point and now he is softening his stance. Perhaps it’s something in between that,” said the source with knowledge of the situation.

Interesting. The team needs to win or going to be long season.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #3
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Oh, waaaaaaa...I get paid millions of dollars to be in top-shape and I can't run a little bit. Waaaaaaaaa, Josh McDaniels is a bully. Waaaaaaaa...

F that.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

I have a feeling we didn't take any DT's cuz Vince is coming here next year.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Whomever is the source needs to realize that the Patriots win SB's the Broncos win 8-8 seasons lately. They are doing something right. So shut the F up and do as you are told.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post
I have a feeling we didn't take any DT's cuz Vince is coming here next year.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Wilfolk is key to that defense and I doubt he gets away.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

“It was nothing more than precaution.”

When I said to this same player “so you didn’t fail the 300 sprint portion of the test,” they replied, “They just didn’t wanna throw us out there until we were physically ready.”

Is this Hill? Also I like the Patriot response.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:17 AM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Whomever is the source needs to realize that the Patriots win SB's the Broncos win 8-8 seasons lately. They are doing something right. So shut the F up and do as you are told.
If that was the case then Cleveland, NYJ and ND would all be top teams in their league. PATs success has more to do with having Brady, and difference makers on defense then it does with the coaches.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #9
kent156
King of the Ants

so one of these sources was told Thomas is key to holding the line together, maybe Moss should’ve gotten those words of encouragement
kent156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #10
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
If that was the case then Cleveland, NYJ and ND would all be top teams in their league. PATs success has more to do with having Brady, and difference makers on defense then it does with the coaches.
The Jets and the Browns have both been in the playoffs more recently than the Broncos.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #11
Drek
Ring of Famer

A lot of this is coming directly from Marcus Thomas' perspective, wouldn't be surprised if his agent or someone close to him is the source.

If so he's going to get cut. There is ample fodder in there for McDaniels and the FO to figure out who the leak is, and there is no way they'll tolerate someone openly questioning them (even anonymously) through the media.

Interesting aspect of it all though? Apparently Urban Meyer uses the same fitness test, as he was Marcus Thomas' coach when he was a junior at Florida (where Thomas apparently failed it there as well).
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #12
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Shanahan excluded of course.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #13
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
The Jets and the Browns have both been in the playoffs more recently than the Broncos.
The browns haven't made the playoffs since 2001
BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #14
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
The browns haven't made the playoffs since 2001
wow, tied for first in the division at 10-6 and miss the playoffs, tough year. Still more successful than denver has been in the last few years.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #15
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

You have to wear your big girl panties at training camp.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #16
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
wow, tied for first in the division at 10-6 and miss the playoffs, tough year. Still more successful than denver has been in the last few years.
Successful means going 6-10, 4-12, 10-6, and 4-12 under Crennell? Wow.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #17
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc View Post
Successful means going 6-10, 4-12, 10-6, and 4-12 under Crennell? Wow.
they had a winning season and challenged for the division more recently than denver, therefor they have been more successful in the last few years. It really is a simple concept.

Of course that is without addressing that ROMEO CRENNEL is not our coach!
Old 08-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #18
CEH
Ring of Famer

I like McD and am anxious to see him coach the season but wearing a hoodie or twirling his whistle around his finger just like BB is no reason for fans to state "but it's the way the Pats do it and they have won Super Bowls" No Tom Brady , BB and his defensive schemes have won Super Bowl.

I counter these short- sighted comments with one question. How many playoff games has his disciples and/or more importantly Bill Parcells won without BB? None nada. Me think its more about BB himself than any coach or system they try to install.

If there is only one thing I want McD to bring here to Denver it's BB front office expertise. BB is unbelievable judge of talent. Even after losing Pioli he work the draft like a mother.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #19
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

How out of line can this conditioning test be if 73 players passed it. Including me
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #20
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
they had a winning season and challenged for the division more recently than denver, therefor they have been more successful in the last few years. It really is a simple concept.

Having a winning record and challenging for the division are two mutually exclusive items. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Denver tied SD for the division crown this year and lost out on a tie breaker.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #21
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I like McD and am anxious to see him coach the season but wearing a hoodie or twirling his whistle around his finger just like BB is no reason for fans to state "but it's the way the Pats do it and they have won Super Bowls" No Tom Brady , BB and his defensive schemes have won Super Bowl.

I counter these short- sighted comments with one question. How many playoff games has his disciples and/or more importantly Bill Parcells won without BB? None nada. Me think its more about BB himself than any coach or system they try to install.

If there is only one thing I want McD to bring here to Denver it's BB front office expertise. BB is unbelievable judge of talent. Even after losing Pioli he work the draft like a mother.
One more thing that i think BB excels in, is getting the team to buy in. I'm not sure how exactly, since he isn't mr. personality.

Either way, for all the talk of the "patriot way," nothing I've heard from these reports makes me think of Belichek. I don't remember hearing about Bill running around with the type of enthusiasm McD is described with.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #22
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Having a winning record and challenging for the division are two mutually exclusive items. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Denver tied SD for the division crown this year and lost out on a tie breaker.
They can be mutually exculsive, but that doesn't mean they are. In 2007 The browns had BOTH a winning record and challenged for the division.

so here's the comparison:
2007 browns 10-6 tied for first, missed playoffs on tiebreakers with 10-6 Tenessee Titans. Won 5 of their last 7 games.

2008 broncos 8-8 (7-9 hoculi), missed playoffs on tiebreakers losing by 30 points to the division winner. No chance at a wild card. finish the season on 3 game losing streak and losing 4 of the last 7.

So tell me smart guy, which season is more successful? Also for the sake of arguement, I do not subscribe to the attitude that all teams that miss the playoffs are equal. That's bull****, success and failure are a sprectrum.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #23
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
See below.

Last edited by Hamrob; 08-02-2009 at 08:22 AM..
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #24
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:

Lol. CEH in post #20 already replied what I was going to. Simple concept, lol.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #25
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
It's funny how all of a sudden...the Patriot way is the only way.

Take a look at the last 10 years. What's the record head to head between your Patriots and our Broncos?

Sure they do some good things. So did we. I seem to remember beating them a few years ago when we went on to the AFC Championship.

Give this Patriot way crap a rest!

Here you go...take a peak at your Patriots against our Broncos:

http://www.patriotsarchive.com/vsdenv.htm

Looks like we went 8-4 against them since 1995. Yeah, they've won 3 Superbowls in that time...but who was the team they didn't want to face?

How have they faired against us in the playoffs!

**** the Patriots!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote