The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Bailey, Hill, and Thomas all at Practice

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...rday-practice/

Veteran defensive players Champ Bailey, Marcus Thomas and Renaldo Hill made their 2009 practice debut Saturday afternoon.

The three players had started training camp on the active-physically unable to perform list. The trio was seen running sprints — and being timed — by the team’s training staff Friday night.

Wide receiver Brandon Marshall is also back on the practice field, and smiling, after taking the Friday evening session off. He has written “Beast Ego” in black marker on the back of his white Broncos-issued shirt he is wearing under his shoulder pads and jersey.
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

good news
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
TheDave
Sauced...

I would love to know why bailey was held out yesterday. If it was just a decision to hold out a vet and give him a little more rest, then that's fine. If on the other hand, If he really did fail his "Conditioning Test", well, then that's a problem.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
I would love to know why bailey was held out yesterday. If it was just a decision to hold out a vet and give him a little more rest, then that's fine. If on the other hand, If he really did fail his "Conditioning Test", well, then that's a problem.
why so apparently he passed it to be out there today
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I think it's safe to say that he as well as the other players mentioned didn't pass the conditioning test.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Not sure he could pass the conditioning test two days after failing it.

When McD talked about the three players on PUP, he talked about 'injuries'.....which could mean anything, but more likely than Champ failing a conditioning test.

I think you're right about holding out a vet.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
I'll put it to you this way, yesterday after practice I watched Champ, Hill, and Thomas run 50 yard sprints. They ran from the South Endzone to the 50 yard line. I heard Champ yell after Hill's sprint, what was the time... 6 something was the response.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good to see them back. Hopefully Thomas can grab one of those 3 spots on the line.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #9
TheDave
Sauced...

JMO, but the only reason a freak like Champ would fail a conditioning test is because he chose to half ass it... Now that either shows a lack of commitment during the off season or a lax attitude toward the test and getting into training camp on time.

Either way I don't like the sound of that...

Hopefully there is more to it.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Not sure he could pass the conditioning test two days after failing it.

When McD talked about the three players on PUP, he talked about 'injuries'.....which could mean anything, but more likely than Champ failing a conditioning test.

I think you're right about holding out a vet.
It wasn't about holding a vet out. Why would they be holding a vet out on day one without letting them practice at least once? With Brandon Marshall coming off of injury yesterday afternoon was holding a vet out. Those three were running after practice for a reason. The only way this could have been more funny is if the three of them were pushing a sled a la Montrae last year.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #11
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Good to see them back. Hopefully Thomas can grab one of those 3 spots on the line.
McBean's spot hopefully. Sorry, I just don't see anything from that guy that I like. I'd love to see Marcus Thomas get in there and dominate.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #12
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Geez my aunt Nelly worriers less that you guys....
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Geez my aunt Nelly worriers less that you guys....
I just talked to your Aunt... She is MUCH more worried about this team than I am.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Since he was seen doing timed sprints after yesterday's practice, it seems clear he was held out for either not passing it the first time, or not being able to take the conditioning test the first time.

Now, he could have had a tight hamstring or something the first time and didn't run full out, or any number of things. Even if he failed it the first time, it doesn't mean it's a problem.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #15
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
I just talked to your Aunt... She is MUCH more worried about this team than I am.
True but it's because she's a San Dirgo fan
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
JMO, but the only reason a freak like Champ would fail a conditioning test is because he chose to half ass it... Now that either shows a lack of commitment during the off season or a lax attitude toward the test and getting into training camp on time.

Either way I don't like the sound of that...

Hopefully there is more to it.
Without seeing the first conditioning test, or knowing if he has any nagging injuries, it is impossible to reach 'conclusions'. ****, he could have slipped during the first test for all we know.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #17
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Since he was seen doing timed sprints after yesterday's practice, it seems clear he was held out for either not passing it the first time, or not being able to take the conditioning test the first time.

Now, he could have had a tight hamstring or something the first time and didn't run full out, or any number of things. Even if he failed it the first time, it doesn't mean it's a problem.
Could be... just seems to me that any type of injury that would keep him from finishing the test wouldn't heal in 24 hours. Possible, just not likely.

I just don't like the thought of him slacking for something as simple as this.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
It wasn't about holding a vet out. Why would they be holding a vet out on day one without letting them practice at least once? With Brandon Marshall coming off of injury yesterday afternoon was holding a vet out. Those three were running after practice for a reason. The only way this could have been more funny is if the three of them were pushing a sled a la Montrae last year.
So do you think Champ failed the conditioning test on Thurs?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #19
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Could be... just seems to me that any type of injury that would keep him from finishing the test wouldn't heal in 24 hours. Possible, just not likely.

I just don't like the thought of him slacking for something as simple as this.
Well he has certainly been used to major VIP treatment in recent years. There is always the chance that Champ got very used to cruising his own way the past few seasons. His natural ability has simply allowed that sort of attitude. This whole thing could be by design to push even the elite players a bit.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote