The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Can I change my prediction to 13-3? Montrose's 7/31 AM Report

Sorry this is short but the server screw up cost me my more detailed report. Most crowded camp Ive ever seen, everything is different! It only took me about 20 minutes to see what makes New England so good. Heres a basic breakdown of the new schedule:

1) Players do dynamic stretching (A and B Skips, Sprinting, Lunging) to music that pumps throughout the facilities.
2) Offense and defense stretch together in lines, actually stretching instead of horsing around like in the past.
3) Players spend a majority of practice with their position coaches and doing individual drills. These include TEs using shutes, RBs going through strip drills, WRs catching passes along the sideline and running detailed routes through cones, OL hitting the sled, DL working with their hands, OLBs working on pass rush moves, ILB working on tackling, STers practicing keeping punts out of the end-zone, etc. Ive never seen anything more detailed or organized. They are really focusing on the little things.
4) Some players go to inside run while the WRs and DBs work against each other.
5) OL and DL work together while skilled position players work together.
6) Full team practice 1st team vs. 1st team, 2nd team vs. 2nd team, etc.
* There was also special teams work mixed in.

Players who impressed me:

Kyle Orton Weve got ourselves a QB, hes extremely accurate and has plenty of arm strength. We ran a lot of the NE screens and intermediate routes of which Orton looked great. I only saw one incomplete pass and that was a miscommunication with the WR. He looks very comfortable in the pocket and has nice footwork. He threw a beautiful touch pass over Lee Robinson to Jabar Gaffney and later lasered a pass to Brandon Lloyd on the sidelines. He honestly looked like Tom Brady to me.

Ryan Torain and Peyton Hillis Far and away the best of the backs. Torain looked very explosive and powerful, demonstrating good vision while Hillis was used in a variety of ways including running the ball and running pass patterns.

Jabar Gaffney He looked great running awesome routes and didnt drop a pass. Already with good chemistry between he and Orton Gaffney seemed to catch the most passes of anyone today.

Brandon Marshall Pay him, he looked awesome and will be a monster in this system. Didnt drop a pass and had a nice one-armed snag. He trucked Josh Barrett in a one-on-one drill where the WRs and DBs explode at each other full speed.

Tim Crowder and Darrell Reid Holy crap! Talk about a position change being of benefit! Both guys have really good footwork and did an awesome job crashing down on the line. Crowder looked the best of the OLBs and had a few would-be sacks beating both Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris.

Ronald Fields and Chris Baker Saw both guys control the line of scrimmage and blow up their fair share of plays. Casey Wiegmann is going to hate full-pad practices with this DL (yes I actually said that).

Spencer Larsen and Wesley Woodyard Each had their moments with Larsen blowing up Torain in the hole and Woodyard smashing an OL back into LaMont Jordans lap. Woodyard should be in the nickel and Larsen may push Andra Davis who looked solid.

Alphonso Smith Dont worry about the draft pick, this kid is an unbelievable player. Best ball skills Ive ever seen in a DB and also blocked a kick. I could see him as our #1 CB by Week 1.

And those who didnt impress me:

Chris Simms He has a strong arm but was not accurate, misthrowing some out routes and not looking nearly as good as Orton in the offense.

LaMont Jordan He looked slow without any burst and not a lot of power. Torain looked much better to me.

Jarvis Moss Its not going to work guys. Richard Quinn and Tony Scheffler ate his lunch all day.

Brett Kern and Brandon Colquitt Neither punter looked very good today.

Again, sorry for the abbreviated report as my more detailed one was lost. Feel free to shoot away questions and Ill try my best to answer.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

start saving reports in word before the OM!

cant wait to see the season, and all the haters sucking ortons theoretical weiner.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

The Jay lovers/ McD hater wont appreciate your report. I do.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Nice report, its funny to here the difference of opinions on Orton, other people say Orton sucks today
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I'm in this picture! I'm the guy in the floppy hat with the blue jersey on near the top/middle.

montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

It's nice to hear that Crowder has a shot.

SOLB has been the position that worried me the most, and now it looks like we will have some competition between Reid, Crowder, and Ayers.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
dbfan21
Broncos Fan in Florida

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Awesome work Montrose! Thank you so much for sending your resport to those of us who cannot attend camp. I am very encouraged about the improved warm-ups, stretching drills, the info on Orton, Torain/Hillis, Crowder beating our OTs, etc.

Great job man!!
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Nice work. One thing thats kind of cool about going full pads is that you dont have the "yeah but wait until they go full pads" when reading about a good play. I guess, a little of that is still in play since they cant tackle the QB but, nevertheless, Im liking the full pads.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Montrose...that was almost better then sex. haha thanks for the report
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Enough already. There isn't one person here that doesn't want to see the team do well.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #11
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Jarvis Moss Its not going to work guys. Richard Quinn and Tony Scheffler ate his lunch all day.
Jarvis Moss for Alan Branch straight up!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

How does the Oline look?

How is the depth on the Dline?

Do you think Smith is going to beat out Champ?
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #13
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Sorry this is short but the server screw up cost me my more detailed report. Most crowded camp Ive ever seen, everything is different! It only took me about 20 minutes to see what makes New England so good. Heres a basic breakdown of the new schedule:

1) Players do dynamic stretching (A and B Skips, Sprinting, Lunging) to music that pumps throughout the facilities.
2) Offense and defense stretch together in lines, actually stretching instead of horsing around like in the past.
3) Players spend a majority of practice with their position coaches and doing individual drills. These include TEs using shutes, RBs going through strip drills, WRs catching passes along the sideline and running detailed routes through cones, OL hitting the sled, DL working with their hands, OLBs working on pass rush moves, ILB working on tackling, STers practicing keeping punts out of the end-zone, etc. Ive never seen anything more detailed or organized. They are really focusing on the little things.
4) Some players go to inside run while the WRs and DBs work against each other.
5) OL and DL work together while skilled position players work together.
6) Full team practice 1st team vs. 1st team, 2nd team vs. 2nd team, etc.
* There was also special teams work mixed in.

Players who impressed me:

Kyle Orton Weve got ourselves a QB, hes extremely accurate and has plenty of arm strength. We ran a lot of the NE screens and intermediate routes of which Orton looked great. I only saw one incomplete pass and that was a miscommunication with the WR. He looks very comfortable in the pocket and has nice footwork. He threw a beautiful touch pass over Lee Robinson to Jabar Gaffney and later lasered a pass to Brandon Lloyd on the sidelines. He honestly looked like Tom Brady to me.

Ryan Torain and Peyton Hillis Far and away the best of the backs. Torain looked very explosive and powerful, demonstrating good vision while Hillis was used in a variety of ways including running the ball and running pass patterns.

Jabar Gaffney He looked great running awesome routes and didnt drop a pass. Already with good chemistry between he and Orton Gaffney seemed to catch the most passes of anyone today.

Brandon Marshall Pay him, he looked awesome and will be a monster in this system. Didnt drop a pass and had a nice one-armed snag. He trucked Josh Barrett in a one-on-one drill where the WRs and DBs explode at each other full speed.

Tim Crowder and Darrell Reid Holy crap! Talk about a position change being of benefit! Both guys have really good footwork and did an awesome job crashing down on the line. Crowder looked the best of the OLBs and had a few would-be sacks beating both Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris.

Ronald Fields and Chris Baker Saw both guys control the line of scrimmage and blow up their fair share of plays. Casey Wiegmann is going to hate full-pad practices with this DL (yes I actually said that).

Spencer Larsen and Wesley Woodyard Each had their moments with Larsen blowing up Torain in the hole and Woodyard smashing an OL back into LaMont Jordans lap. Woodyard should be in the nickel and Larsen may push Andra Davis who looked solid.

Alphonso Smith Dont worry about the draft pick, this kid is an unbelievable player. Best ball skills Ive ever seen in a DB and also blocked a kick. I could see him as our #1 CB by Week 1.

And those who didnt impress me:

Chris Simms He has a strong arm but was not accurate, misthrowing some out routes and not looking nearly as good as Orton in the offense.

LaMont Jordan He looked slow without any burst and not a lot of power. Torain looked much better to me.

Brett Kern and Brandon Colquitt Neither punter looked very good today.

Again, sorry for the abbreviated report as my more detailed one was lost. Feel free to shoot away questions and Ill try my best to answer.
you the man montrose....peroid!...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Spencer Larsen and Wesley Woodyard – Each had their moments with Larsen blowing up Torain in the hole and Woodyard smashing an OL back into LaMont Jordan’s lap. Woodyard should be in the nickel and Larsen may push Andra Davis who looked solid.
YES Start Larsen!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

This is what I want, good news. Keep it coming and keep telling me Hillis is getting the ball and making people look stupid.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #16
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Not true. I think anyone right now that is a Bronco fan appreciates these reports!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:11 PM   #17
philiptr2
Gunslinger

DRAW!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Williams

Quote:
Most crowded camp Ive ever seen, everything is different!
I agree completely...there are a lot of people excited, or maybe curious about Broncos football this year.

Quote:
I thought Buck looked good in the drills, but Torain and Hillis really shined when people started hitting.

Quote:
Brandon Marshall Pay him, he looked awesome and will be a monster in this system. Didnt drop a pass and had a nice one-armed snag. .
He is out to impress...he is even trying to buy some favor with with fans. I saw hime high-five a kid that was walking along the side of the field at one point after he caught a ball. Later he pointed out a kid that was wearing a 15 jersey and called him over and gave him a football. Everybody around switched from "trade him" to "wow, Brandon is great...what a nice guy." Good PR move by BMarsh.

I couldn't see a whole lot else because it was so crowded, and the heat was getting to me. It seemed like a good practice...focused and efficient.
philiptr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:16 PM   #18
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

All that and only 13-3?

Wuss.

I say 14-2.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:16 PM   #19
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
This is going to end up in someone's signature - it would be great if it was montrose's, at some point.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:19 PM   #20
RonDaChamp24
Twitter.com/RonGreco

The Champ is here

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Thomas

Thanks Montrose. Although, not too sure about your comment about Smith being the #1 CB by week 1. Did you forget that we have Champ Bailey?
RonDaChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:20 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Good stuff Montrose,

Right now I think we all feel that they can beat NE, Pitt, Sweep Chuggers, etc...

Now that Camp is here I can't wait for 8/13!
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
This is going to end up in someone's signature - it would be great if it was montrose's, at some point.
Seriously.....unless Orton finds himself writhing around on the ground holding his knee, I can pretty much guarantee you won't see that comparison again....at least in a serious discussion.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #23
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I am encouraged to hear such good things about Smith so far. Also, I wonder if Brandon is realizing that this is the best place for him now?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #24
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I'm in this picture! I'm the guy in the floppy hat with the blue jersey on near the top/middle.
Did you ever talk with 24Champ? He was sitting right down in front of you.
Attached Images

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #25
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:

You should have put this at the top, it would have saved me a lot of time.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote