The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default WARNING: This thread shows proof of Urlacker being a general douche bag.

http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/200...tory-says-yes/

I know it is from a Mariotti blog but he has the facts right this time. Plus it is fun to watch a douche bag calling another douche bag out.

I am guessing most Bronco fans missed this Epic that played out for weeks on end a few years ago:

"...Reckless and immature in his 20s in the big city, Urlacher fathered an out-of-wedlock child with a former exotic dancer named Tyna Robertson. The custody and visitation battles became heated, and, at one point, Robertson made public a series of text messages allegedly sent by Urlacher about her parenting of a boy who then was 2. The content of the texts never has been denied by Urlacher and his legal team. And if you have a child or simply a warm heart, you'll cringe upon reading the one about little Kennedy.

"You're raising a little p***y,'' Urlacher wrote her."

I wonder who has more Baby Mamas Urlicker or Henry, at least Urlicker keeps up with his baby mamas payments.

"That wasn't all he texted, according to court papers filed by Robertson in 2007. She said he called her "a hooker'' and "jealous b****.'' He ordered her to "grow the [bleep] up and quit praying and get a job.'' He called her "a [bleeping] fruit cake who should "make one of your pimps drive you around.'' As a topper, he allegedly told her, "Go to hell, you [bleeping bleep],'' the second bleep being a particularly vicious word.

Urlacher's reply to a judge in suburban Will County is that he "couldn't remember'' sending the messages. It should come as no surprise, then, that he took a similarly passive view Wednesday of a story that demanded an aggressive response if he never made the comments. On the KFAN program, Wade said of his Vegas discussion with Urlacher, "I don't want to get him in trouble, but it wasn't what [the Bears] expected. Pretty much he said Jay Cutler was a [p***y], for the most part." Reached by the Chicago Tribune, Urlacher tried the laugh-it-off defense, which might have worked if he didn't throw around the p-word the way he tosses around running backs.

"Oh please. I don't think I'd ever say that about one of my teammates," Urlacher said. "Look, Bobby Wade is a friend of mine. He's trying to get things going before training camp. That's just Bobby being Bobby. I'm pretty sure Jay knows I wouldn't say that about him.""

"Urlacher should own Chicago, but he consistently has done stupid things.

We haven't heard from Cutler on the matter. But he must be wondering why controversy continues to follow him. There was, of course, his volcanic departure from the Denver Broncos, when his trade demands and refusal to return management's text messages and phone calls turned him into a civic pariah and polarizing figure around the NFL. When he arrived in Chicago, he became an immediate topic of debate over whether he partied too much at local clubs, such as the night he commandeered the DJ booth at Sub 51, belted out "Bear Down, Chicago Bears'' for an adoring crowd and reportedly hooked up with a celebrity blogger. Never mind that training camp was months away. The town's new sports celebrity was being compared to Jim McMahon, the 1980s rabble-rouser, despite Cutler's status as a Type 1 diabetic.

If Urlacher is somewhat jealous of Cutler, which I suspect, the seeds certainly have been planted. Once the darling of a football hub symbolized by fearsome middle linebackers -- Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, Bill George -- Urlacher has seen his No. 54 jersey eclipsed as the city's top-seller by Cutler's No. 6. Urlacher should own Chicago, but he consistently has done stupid things. Last year, after coming off a sub-par 2007 season dogged by neck and back problems, he demanded a contract extension and angered fans. He ticked off local media when, out of spite, he voiced his exclusive thoughts to buddy Jay Glazer on a Fox Sports blog that quickly fizzled out. The Robertson mess and text-message fiasco didn't paint him as Father of the Year material, either. "

More at the link above.

Throw in multiple contract holdout threats and playing TO like moves in refusing to talk to media, Urlicker has no credibility left in Chicago. It doesn't help that he is at the end of a career that held much more promise than he fufilled.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

my God this is getting tired
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Just wait, we have all of TC yet to go!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbmasterflash View Post
This.

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
This.

If you call the truth lame, then yep pretty lame.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #7
CoopDawg
Seasoned Veteran

McCaffrey

Lets hope this turns into incredible in-fighting. The sooner the Bears go down in flames, the better our draft pick is next April!
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Should be posted here
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=82375
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Merge away.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbmasterflash View Post
Agreed. Attack Urlacher because of an alleged comment. Brilliant.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Agreed. Attack Urlacher because of an alleged comment. Brilliant.
HAHAHA

Your right Urlicker would never call his teamate or his own child, via Baby Mama, a p***Y.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
Lets hope this turns into incredible in-fighting. The sooner the Bears go down in flames, the better our draft pick is next April!
I don't think broke ass Pat Bowlen is rooting for that.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
TonyR
Franchise Poster

It's going to be fun to watch this simmer all season in Chi-town.

Enormously jealous Urlacher can't admit it's Cutler's team now
A 'sissy' fit with a twist

July 30, 2009
BY DAN MCNEIL
I consumed more than three hours of talk radio Wednesday afternoon. I surfed the Internet incessantly to read what people are saying about Brian Urlacher's alleged inflammatory comment about Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.

In case you missed it, here's what Minnesota Vikings receiver Bobby Wade said on a Minneapolis radio station Wednesday about a recent conversation he had with Urlacher, his former teammate, in Las Vegas:

''Jay Cutler is a good player,'' Wade said. ''Obviously, it's a much different environment going from Denver to play in Chicago. Chicago is a tough club to play for. What is so funny, I actually saw Brian Urlacher this past weekend in Las Vegas, and we had a long conversation. I don't want to get him in trouble, but it wasn't what [the Bears] expected. Pretty much [Urlacher] said Jay Cutler was a [deleted], for the most part.''

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard anybody suggest that maybe Urlacher is right. It is not impossible that Cutler is, in fact, a -- excuse me -- ''sissy.''

But that's not what has me seeing double. Urlacher is the ''sissy.'' And his denial of what he allegedly told Wade about Cutler was weaker than his pass rush.

If Wade lied or embellished, Urlacher would be seething at the former butterfingered Bears receiver/return man. His history is to fire back, perhaps condescend, mutter something incoherently. What has been a consistent and all-too-familiar Urlacher calling card when he's in the middle of the storm is overt anger.

He didn't respond that way Wednesday. Instead, Urlacher told the Tribune: ''That's just Bobby being Bobby. That's just stirring it up before camp.''

Thin. Not buying it. Not going out of my way not to buy anything else Urlacher tries to sell, either.

If Urlacher didn't call Cutler ''the P word,'' he would have barbecued Wade. He would have suggested Wade keep his head on a swivel when he steps on the field against the Bears. He would have hammered Wade the way he hammers ... ball carriers.

But he didn't. He shrugged. He also denied Terry Boers' report on WSCR-AM (670) that Cutler and Urlacher had to be separated once in Lake Forest. He called sports-radio types ''sissies,'' too.

OK. We're ''sissies.'' Can't recall, however, too many of us backing off an argument or a dislike for a co-worker. To the contrary, some of us thrive on it.

No. 54 no longer 'The Man'
I believe Urlacher said what Wade said he did, and I have a good idea why he said it. Urlacher won't admit to what he said because he doesn't want anybody to know how enormously jealous he is. It's Cutler's team now, and Urlacher doesn't like it. He never has had a business card that didn't read ''The Man.''

He let Cedric Benson know this was ''his town'' when he and fellow defenders took liberties with Benson in his first training camp. The Bears were lightly scrimmaging, but Urlacher and others went full speed and tackled Benson as though he were wearing green and gold.

Second banana doesn't agree with Urlacher. Any perceived threat to his status as Mr. Bear must be penalized.

Urlacher would score points with me if he just admitted it. Maybe he will on some Web site soon. For a price, of course.

I won't absolve the Bears organization here, either. Somebody in the front office should have been on the phone with Urlacher as soon as the ''story'' broke and advised him about how to handle it. Maybe Halas Hall is crawling with ''sissies,'' and nobody will dare to confront Urlacher about how stupid he sounds.

For being the face of the franchise for almost a decade, it's puzzling that Urlacher has regressed instead of maturing. Might it one day occur to Jerry Angelo or Lovie Smith that it's a good thing when their stars are perceived as good guys? Are the GM and head coach ''sissies,'' too?

When Urlacher arrived in 2000, he was deferential to his predecessors. After a 2002 ''Decades Of Dominance'' dinner, honoring Urlacher and Hall of Fame Bears linebackers Dick Butkus and Mike Singletary, Urlacher admitted to me he was ''embarrassed'' to be on the same dais with such luminaries.

That was good perspective for one so young. He was grounded, approachable and easy to root for.

Doesn't deserve admiration
That was a long time ago. Since, the Urlacher file has been stained too many times for him to deserve our admiration when he's not wearing football gear.

Problem is, Urlacher got lost in his stardom. The money. The headlines. Endorsements. Honors. The mindless, pseudo-celebrity concubine. It was all too much for Urlacher to handle.

I don't care if Urlacher and Cutler don't like each other. But I am a fan who wants to respect the athletes about whom I write and speak, for whom I root.

Wonder if Urlacher would think that makes me a ''sissy,'' too.

Dan McNeil hosts a sports-talk show from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays on WSCR-AM (670).

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1692358,CST-SPT-mac30.article#
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #14
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I hope that this causes a serious distraction in the Chicago locker room and they tank. Also, I hope Matt Forte scores 25 touchdowns because I have him in my keeper league.

Also, I always thought Urlacher to be a veteran team leader type. I had no idea how shallow his character actually is. A shame.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't care if Urlacher and Cutler don't like each other. But I am a fan who wants to respect the athletes about whom I write and speak, for whom I root.

Wonder if Urlacher would think that makes me a ''sissy,'' too.

Dan McNeil hosts a sports-talk show from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays on WSCR-AM (670).[/I]

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...mac30.article#
Danny Mac is probably the best Sports radio guy in Chi-town. I wish he was still on during the afternoon drive.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I hope that this causes a serious distraction in the Chicago locker room and they tank. Also, I hope Matt Forte scores 25 touchdowns because I have him in my keeper league.

Also, I always thought Urlacher to be a veteran team leader type. I had no idea how shallow his character actually is. A shame.
Based on posts here yesterday I am guessing you were not the only one that didn't know what a dirtbag Urlicker is.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I hope that this causes a serious distraction in the Chicago locker room and they tank.
You'd think a "distraction" is inevitable. The players will choose sides to some degree. And Cutler doesn't have the greatest track record of dealing with adversity (see Rivers, Phillip) so it will be interesting to see how this impacts him. It seems unlikely that tranquility will rule in that locker room, unless of course they win early and often. But a couple of bad losses and things could get really fun.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #18
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Or maybe Cutler's a p***Y? Ever think about that?

Let's see here:

1) San Diego players called him a "punk" in the media (when's the last time you heard a football player call a qb something other than "tough"? doesn't happen often)

2) Champ said he got his "butt hurt" over the situation (you seeing a theme?)

3) Oh yea, his hissy fit?

4) Now Urlacher is calling him a p***Y? Falls right in line.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #19
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
Lets hope this turns into incredible in-fighting. The sooner the Bears go down in flames, the better!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #20
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Or maybe Cutler's a p***Y? Ever think about that?

Let's see here:

1) San Diego players called him a "punk" in the media (when's the last time you heard a football player call a qb something other than "tough"? doesn't happen often)

2) Champ said he got his "butt hurt" over the situation (you seeing a theme?)

3) Oh yea, his hissy fit?

4) Now Urlacher is calling him a p***Y? Falls right in line.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.
Its amazing how quickly we forget that he soldiered through an entire season while fighting through the onset of diabetes and losing 30 lbs--withouth missing a game. Also, the guy played for one of the worst teams in probably the most physically demanding conference in all of college football with every disadvantage there is. Yet he kept sticking his nose in there.

Yeah, Cutler is really soft.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I haven't followed any of this, but let me take a wild guess...

Yet another person has called Cutler a b****, and now the "attack the messenger" strategy is being employed by the Widows?

Just a wild guess.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Its amazing how quickly we forget that he soldiered through an entire season while fighting through the onset of diabetes and losing 30 lbs--withouth missing a game. Also, the guy played for one of the worst teams in probably the most physically demanding conference in all of college football with every disadvantage there is. Yet he kept sticking his nose in there.

Yeah, Cutler is really soft.
While Urlicker calls his sone a p***Y and holds out for more $ even though he had a valid contract with multiple years left on it, he just was underpaid because of Lance Briggs, who totaled a lambo then stumbled into a hotel until he sobered up and reported it stolen even though it wasnt and said he would never ever wear a Bears jersey again. I forgot what I was going to post...
Old 07-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #23
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
While Urlicker calls his sone a p***Y and holds out for more $ even though he had a valid contract with multiple years left on it, he just was underpaid because of Lance Briggs, who totaled a lambo then stumbled into a hotel until he sobered up and reported it stolen even though it wasnt and said he would never ever wear a Bears jersey again. I forgot what I was going to post...
You left out the fact that he was showing signs of breaking down the season before (bad back), and yet he still pulled a holdout as a team captain.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #24
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I haven't followed any of this, but let me take a wild guess...
Yet another person has called Cutler a b****, and now the "attack the messenger" strategy is being employed by the Widows?

Just a wild guess.
Nice. Youre a ****ing parrot.

You might want to clean out your cage.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #25
bronco_boi_5280
Solid Starter

The Birdman Flies

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Andersen

Urlacher > All the homos in this thread

Namely the dumb **** thread starter.

OH LOOK! HIS NAME IS URLACHER BUT I'M GOING TO CHANGE IT SO IT'S URLICKER! THAT WILL BE SO FRESH AND HILARIOUS!

Idiots.
bronco_boi_5280 is offline   Reply With Quote