The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default NFL.com's Bucky Brooks ranks top QBs .... Cutler #6

Actually he just ranked 5 ... number 6 was my idea

There were some debates about Big Ben this weekend in here ... I gotta say, this is a higher rank than I would have given him ...

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Orton came in at 5.a
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Text version....

1. Tom Brady, Patriots
The league MVP in 2007 is unquestionably the top player at the position based on his three Super Bowl rings and unrivaled status as the ultimate winner. Brady has compiled the top winning percentage (.784) of any starting quarterback in the Super Bowl era while amassing 87 victories in his first 111 regular season starts. In addition, he has a 14-3 playoff record and engineered 28 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime during his nine-year career. While the four-time Pro Bowler missed virtually all of last year with a knee injury, his game was seemingly flawless as he rewrote the record book with 50 touchdown passes in 2007. With few quarterbacks in the history of the game capable of matching individual and team success, Brady belongs at the top of this list.

2. Peyton Manning, Colts
The nine-time Pro Bowler has enjoyed one of the most decorated careers of any quarterback in league history. Manning has passed for more than 3,000 yards in each of his 11 seasons and has surpassed the 4,000-yard mark a league-record nine times. In addition, the three-time league MVP has led the Colts to seven straight seasons with 10 or more wins and a Super Bowl XLI title. Although those accomplishments solidified his place among the greats of the game, Manning's ability to single-handedly carry the Colts to nine straight wins and into the playoffs after a 3-4 start last season reaffirmed his status as one of the top competitors to play the position.

3. Donovan McNabb, Eagles
The inclusion of McNabb on this list is sure to draw the ire of some in the City of Brotherly Love, but the five-time Pro Bowler is praiseworthy based on his tremendous accomplishments. The 10-year veteran has amassed a lofty .645 winning percentage as a starter and has guided the Eagles to five NFC Championship Game appearances in the past eight seasons. Although those accomplishments speak to his ability to lead the team, McNabb remains one of the league's top passers. As one of only six quarterbacks in league history with over 25,000 passing yards and 3,000 rushing yards, McNabb is one of the top dual threats to ever play the game. Coming off a season where he posted career-highs in completions (345) and passing yards (3,916), McNabb's game is still on the rise.

4. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
The 27-year old signal caller has quickly joined the ranks of the elite after winning two Super Bowls in his first five seasons. Though Roethlisberger acted as a game manager early in his career, he has become one of the top playmakers at the position. Blessed with outstanding athleticism, toughness and improvisational skills, he repeatedly delivers game-changing results off broken plays. Additionally, he has developed into a dangerous pocket passer capable of leading his team to victories in the clutch, none more impressive than his game-winning drive in Super Bowl XLIII.

5. Drew Brees, Saints
The prolific gunslinger has produced three straight seasons with over 4,000 passing yards while ranking among the league leaders in virtually every passing category. Brees' spectacular 2008 season included a run at Dan Marino's single-season passing mark (5,084). Although the three-time Pro Bowler fell 16 yards short of the record, his 10 games with over 300-yards passing ranks as the highest single-season total in league history (tied with Rich Gannon's total in 2002). Brees is also one of the most accurate passers in the game. His 63.9 completion percentage ranks fifth all-time and is a major reason why he's tied for the ninth-best passer rating (89.4) in league history. Although Brees' spectacular output has only netted one playoff win for the Saints, it has pushed him into the ranks of the elite at the position.

6. Jay Cutler, Bears
There comes a time in every young gunslinger's life when he has to say, 'Hey, if they don't want me, screw the bastards.' Jay knows he left more than a few widows behind in the Rocky Mountains, but dammit, it's a real "bear" to follow in the footsteps of a legend like John Elway. It's much easier to go to Chicago and follow in the footsteps of ... of ... well, somebody's footsteps anyway. He does have a strong arm, and two college teammates waiting in his new offensive huddle. Besides, Brandon Marshall wasn't his favorite person right now ... and that new blonde-haired kid always talking, "my Dad this, my Dad that," it gets old really fast. Did we mention he has a strong arm?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/...tpoll-pre09-qb

Jay Cutler ranked #11
Big Ben ranked #12
Matt Cassel ranked #14
Orton ranked #19
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quit it Broncobuff! you are such a 'FANBOY'! Do you have Jay Cutler under-roos on? you are such a 'widow'! Why don't you go an become a Bear's fan!
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

What a pathetic title for this thread. Epic lame.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

I'd put Manning in front of Brady, at least until we see how he comes back from the surgery. I'd also bump Brees in front of both McNabb and Big Ben, but other than that I agree with this list. #6 would fall between Eli, or as much as I hate to say it Rivers. No comment on the Bears QB, or our own.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

The Cutler part wasn't all compliments ...

6. Jay Cutler, Bears
There comes a time in every young gunslinger's life when he has to say, 'Hey, if they don't want me, screw the bastards.' Jay knows he left more than a few widows behind in the Rocky Mountains, but dammit, it's a real "bear" to follow in the footsteps of a legend like John Elway. It's much easier to go to Chicago and follow in the footsteps of ... of ... well, somebody's footsteps anyway. He does have a strong arm, and two college teammates waiting in his new offensive huddle. Besides, Brandon Marshall wasn't his favorite person right now ... and that new blonde-haired kid always talking, "my Dad this, my Dad that," it gets old really fast. Did we mention he has a strong arm?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Jamie Dukes has Cutler ranked 5th. Same site has Elway ranked 7th of all-time. Now, that pissed me off!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...5-Quarterbacks
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #10
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think it's safe to say...that Jay is widely regarded as a top-10 QB in this league (already)!

Can Mickey-D find a way to get Orton into that group? We'll see.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Jamie Dukes has Cutler ranked 5th. Same site has Elway ranked 7th of all-time. Now, that pissed me off!

7th? good grief--if Elway would have been playing for Bill Walsh/ Siefert instead of Dan '3rd down &8--go do something John' Reeves-the niners would have won 6 or so superbowls--not just 4.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:

I cannot see #5 ... for potential sure, but definitely not right now

Irks me to say it, but Rivers should definitely be ahead of him, as should Aaron Rodgers, maybe even Eli.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Anyone that ranks McNabb ahead of Big Ben is messed in the head.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Anyone that ranks McNabb ahead of Big Ben is messed in the head.
Yah, because all McNabb does is win. Who have been his WR's the last 10 years again? Oh yah, TO was one, and then the others were... (insert John Elway WR from the 1980s here).

Point being, the guy has not had a lot of talent around him.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
I think it's safe to say...that Jay is widely regarded as a top-10 QB in this league (already)!

Can Mickey-D find a way to get Orton into that group? We'll see.
keep dreaming
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Yah, because all McNabb does is win. Who have been his WR's the last 10 years again? Oh yah, TO was one, and then the others were... (insert John Elway WR from the 1980s here).

I forgot that Big Ben wasn't a winner, my bad please forgive me for moving Sir McNabb from 3rd to 4th.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #17
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I disapprove of this message.

(Facebook "dislike" button)
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #18
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I cannot see #5 ... for potential sure, but definitely not right now

Irks me to say it, but Rivers should definitely be ahead of him, as should Aaron Rodgers, maybe even Eli.
What exactly has Aaron Rodgers done?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #19
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Just one season, yeah. But it was one helluva season, without much support around him ... 4,000 yards, 28 TDs- 13 Int, ran for 4 TDs. Maybe not better than Jay, but right there with him.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #20
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Actually he just ranked 5 ... number 6 was my idea

There were some debates about Big Ben this weekend in here ... I gotta say, this is a higher rank than I would have given him ...

Bucky Brooks is Gay, a BroncoBuff/Cutler manlove kinda gay. (not that there's anything wrong with that kinda manlove thingy. It's just not for me).
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #21
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Just one season, yeah. But it was one helluva season, without much support around him ... 4,000 yards, 28 TDs- 13 Int, ran for 4 TDs. Maybe not better than Jay, but right there with him.
I agree, he needs another year before I classify him with the top 10 QBs in the game. JMO.

FYU I just hate the ****ing Packers. I hated them ever since before the Super Bowl when they had that attitude that they were just going to walk all over us. I loved the postgame when Romo basically gave everyone that picked the Packers a giant FU.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I forgot that Big Ben wasn't a winner, my bad please forgive me for moving Sir McNabb from 3rd to 4th.
My bad for getting all agitated.

Ben has had some weapons at WR including Plaxico Burress, Antwaan Randle El, Limas Sweed, Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes. Plus, he's had a fantastic power running game and a steller defense to help him too.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #23
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

A losing record and a 4,000 yard passing season. Exact same as Jay.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #24
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

why do we give a **** about former Broncos
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #25
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST