The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default McDaniels coming up on ESPN 1600am at 7:40am MT

I'll post a recap, it's being simulcast at www.viclombardi.com
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

strange...i was able to hear the radio guys, but not mcdaniels. how'd it go, montrose?
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
strange...i was able to hear the radio guys, but not mcdaniels. how'd it go, montrose?
samsies
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
They had some problems with their stream I guess. I'm typing out my notes from the interview, will post shortly.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I can't wait for all the negative pricks to roll in and dissect what he said and how it was wrong, and how he probably wasn't looking at the right thing or in the right direction during the phone call even though there is no evidence of it
Old 07-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Are we sure this was McDaniels? Sure sounded like Kenny Peterson to me.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Nice gig. Broadcasting from your own house. Dan Patrick does that.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

This is funny, being able to hear all their chatter during the breaks. Time to cuss!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #9
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

* McDaniels is currently on vacation at home but has still be going in and out of Dove Valley. The staff is off until next Wednesday. Has spent his vacation with his wife Laura and kids that just moved to Colorado from the east coast this week. Since McDaniels has taken the job, he's been working 18 hours a day so it was okay that his family wasn't here yet.

* The first seven months of the job were exciting. There are tough decisions to make as an NFL Head Coach. Loves how the locker room is coming together along with a great rookie class. The spring did well to set the tone for what the new Denver Broncos will be.

* The offense is fully installed heading into camp from OTA's. Training camp is all about full-speed hitting and contact as the Broncos will be a very physical football team. Players are always learning and adapting throughout camp but they know what to expect.

* Marshall has been sent his letter with a reporting date and weight as have the other 80 players on the team. Looking forward to having him in camp and making him a big part of the team. Been conversations with his agent, Xanders, Bowlen, Marshall and McDaniels - dialogue continues. McDaniels has a good relationship with Marshall.

* Players determine their roles, they don't want to force any square pegs into round holes. Competition for playing time all season long. Front seven and OL play is all about hitting and being physical at training camp.

* The staff felt comfortable that Orton was clearly the best QB, they had no time frame to name a starter. Simms did some good things too but Orton separated himself from the others. Simms will push Orton because things can always change. McDaniels is very excited about Orton in this offense with the other players.

* You absolutely do not have a record set in your head as the Denver Broncos will expect to win every game they take the field. The team's theme is do things one thing at a time. Can't compare this team to last year's because so much has changed with a new staff and roster. Look at Atlanta, Baltimore and Miami last season - if you don't turn the ball over - you can be successful in the NFL. This is a major theme for the team as they led the league in turnovers last season.

* Moreno will have a shot at starting as will Hillis, Buckhalter, Jordan and Torain once he returns from injury. The backfield is deep and talented. Roles haven't been set yet since there's been no hitting. McDaniels wants it to be difficult for players to win jobs. Moreno's done some good things but still makes rookie mistakes.

* CBS4 will host the Josh McDaniels show on Saturday's, hosted by Lombardi and Miller. They joked about the dress code, McDaniels said Lombardi and Miller can set the dress code but he's not wearing a suit and tie.

* After the interview Lombardi and Miller spoke about McDaniels' passion and how friendly he's been when they've met him. He's the most hands-on coach they've ever seen and this is the most excited the players have ever been at practice. The team has fully bought into McDaniels' message.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #10
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

"We just did a Taco Bell spot after a Domino's spot. Not sure if you want that".

GOLD!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #11
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Good stuff man, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
* The offense is fully installed heading into camp from OTA's. Training camp is all about full-speed hitting and contact as the Broncos will be a very physical football team. Players are always learning and adapting throughout camp but they know what to expect.
maybe it is just me but I love hearing this
Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
* McDaniels is currently on vacation at home but has still be going in and out of Dove Valley. The staff is off until next Wednesday. Has spent his vacation with his wife Laura and kids that just moved to Colorado from the east coast this week. Since McDaniels has taken the job, he's been working 18 hours a day so it was okay that his family wasn't here yet.

* The first seven months of the job were exciting. There are tough decisions to make as an NFL Head Coach. Loves how the locker room is coming together along with a great rookie class. The spring did well to set the tone for what the new Denver Broncos will be.

* Marshall has been sent his letter with a reporting date and weight as have the other 80 players on the team. Looking forward to having him in camp and making him a big part of the team. Been conversations with his agent, Xanders, Bowlen, Marshall and McDaniels - dialogue continues. McDaniels has a good relationship with Marshall.

* Players determine their roles, they don't want to force any square pegs into round holes. Competition for playing time all season long. Front seven and OL play is all about hitting and being physical at training camp.

* The staff felt comfortable that Orton was clearly the best QB, they had no time frame to name a starter. Simms did some good things too but Orton separated himself from the others. Simms will push Orton because things can always change. McDaniels is very excited about Orton in this offense with the other players.

* You absolutely do not have a record set in your head as the Denver Broncos will expect to win every game they take the field. The team's theme is do things one thing at a time. Can't compare this team to last year's because so much has changed with a new staff and roster. Look at Atlanta, Baltimore and Miami last season - if you don't turn the ball over - you can be successful in the NFL. This is a major theme for the team as they led the league in turnovers last season.

* Moreno will have a shot at starting as will Hillis, Buckhalter, Jordan and Torain once he returns from injury. The backfield is deep and talented. Roles haven't been set yet since there's been no hitting. McDaniels wants it to be difficult for players to win jobs. Moreno's done some good things but still makes rookie mistakes.

* CBS4 will host the Josh McDaniels show on Saturday's, hosted by Lombardi and Miller. They joked about the dress code, McDaniels said Lombardi and Miller can set the dress code but he's not wearing a suit and tie.

* After the interview Lombardi and Miller spoke about McDaniels' passion and how friendly he's been when they've met him. He's the most hands-on coach they've ever seen and this is the most excited the players have ever been at practice. The team has fully bought into McDaniels' message.

thanks for the recap for those of us who were unable to listen in...

much appreciated...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #13
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbmasterflash View Post
Good stuff man, thank you

maybe it is just me but I love hearing this
as well as me it's about time we played physical and strong at the point of attack but do we have the players to do so?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #14
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:

I like the hands on teaching approach as well. I'd love a more physical smarter and play as a team Bronco team. Something I think we have lacked for years here.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 07-13-2009 at 08:44 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Of course, what are they going to say? We want to be a finesse team that shies away from contact, and that is what we've been focusing on during the minicamps?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #16
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
He's the most hands-on coach they've ever seen...
I think this is a bigger factor than most realize. This is no shot at Shanahan because clearly he worked very hard as well but I guarantee you that a young, hungry guy like McD outworks most NFL coaches. There clearly is a burn out factor and age factor. Shanahan was rich and accomplished whereas McD isn't. He has a lot to prove and he'll tirelessly try to do so. There won't be any mailed in preparation or game planning.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #17
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I think this is a bigger factor than most realize. This is no shot at Shanahan because clearly he worked very hard as well but I guarantee you that a young, hungry guy like McD outworks most NFL coaches. There clearly is a burn out factor and age factor. Shanahan was rich and accomplished whereas McD isn't. He has a lot to prove and he'll tirelessly try to do so. There won't be any mailed in preparation or game planning.

This is definately one thing I like about MCD and must admit something I wish Shanny would have done more last several years.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #18
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
thanks for the recap for those of us who were unable to listen in...

much appreciated...
+1
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #19
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't think I've ever heard the Shanny was a guy that went home early, and was content with how things were going. But I do agree, we did need a change, and I think we will see a better overall product on the field in a year or 2.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #20
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

McD is a pretty confident guy. It was interesting to hear Lombardi and Miller who are vets of the Denver sport media comment that the players seem to be mightily enjoying being on the team. And it sounded like the staff wasn't making it all fun and games, so apparently this is a pretty good bunch of players, not afraid of a challenge, actually looking forward to the challenge.

The coach can make up anything he wants about the team attitude, but if a couple of veteran media guys make it a point to bring up how the team is very enthusiastic and energetic, that's actually meaningful.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #21
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Thanks, Montrose! Good stuff. I am frothing at the mouth for TC to start.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #22
rovolution
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
force any square pegs into round holes.
the hallmark of Mike Shanahan defenses
rovolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #23
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovolution View Post
the hallmark of Mike Shanahan defenses
I think you mean Jim Bates.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

hell yea, mcd has an awesome attitude.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #25
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:

Yea, thanks for the recap. Man, it seems like months before we can get started at camp. Cmon Broncos!
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote