The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default interesting convo on sirius radio

this one guy (total anti jay cutlers attitude, like me) called up and said maybe bronco fans are looking forward to a QB who is a game manager, not someone who feels they have to make the play and cause wild excitement, but often times wild disappointment. i was thinking about that...i kinda agree

go broncos
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,136
Default

Another thread on this crap....this one about a simple conversation on the radio?

Could you not cover this in an existing thread?
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES
 
PaintballCLE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 3,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Another thread on this crap....this one about a simple conversation on the radio?

Could you not cover this in an existing thread?
apparently you disagree....
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

I look forward to us not having to ASK our QB to dig us out of ****-holes every weekend. I look forward to watching our team be able to get an opposing team off the field on 3rd down from time to time.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer
 
Dudeskey's Avatar
 
This space for rent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 4,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I look forward to us not having to ASK our QB to dig us out of ****-holes every weekend. I look forward to watching our team be able to get an opposing team off the field on 3rd down from time to time.
Amen, brother...
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I look forward to us not having to ASK our QB to dig us out of ****-holes every weekend. I look forward to watching our team be able to get an opposing team off the field on 3rd down from time to time.
i think thats kinda what the guy was getting at.

and no, didnt feel like posting this in another thread as its kinda different. this talks about the role of the QB instead of just pure talent. kinda nice to have a QB that doesnt need to WIN games, but needs to contribute to the whole team winning. more level, consistent football, not wild inconsistency like last year.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

**** for a second there I wasn't sure if you would make your quota of threads hating Cutler but lucking for us someone called in sirius radio and shared a equal hatred of Cutler. Between twiter, then rest of the internet sites, TV and now radio I think you have done enough digging through every mass media outlet to dig up something negative to post about Jay Cutler that would rival the CIA's search for terrorists.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,882

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I look forward to us not having to ASK our QB to dig us out of ****-holes every weekend. I look forward to watching our team be able to get an opposing team off the field on 3rd down from time to time.
That's great and so do I.

However, in the play-offs against sterner competition, you need a quarterback who will be able to make big plays. Ours is now in Chicago

At least I can laugh about it now
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
**** for a second there I wasn't sure if you would make your quota of threads hating Cutler but lucking for us someone called in sirius radio and shared a equal hatred of Cutler. Between twiter, then rest of the internet sites, TV and now radio I think you have done enough digging through every mass media outlet to dig up something negative to post about Jay Cutler that would rival the CIA's search for terrorists.
wait, me saying that fitz said he knows brandon marshall summer plans are a negative thing about jay cutler? how is this post anti-cutler when it talks about how having a different qb will change the role of our QB, prolly for the better? when do i ever talk about TV? keep making **** up loser.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
this one guy (total anti jay cutlers attitude, like me) called up and said maybe bronco fans are looking forward to a QB who is a game manager, not someone who feels they have to make the play and cause wild excitement, but often times wild disappointment. i was thinking about that...i kinda agree

go broncos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
wait, me saying that fitz said he knows brandon marshall summer plans are a negative thing about jay cutler? how is this post anti-cutler when it talks about how having a different qb will change the role of our QB, prolly for the better? when do i ever talk about TV? keep making **** up loser.
I'm not sure let me get back to you on that
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'm not sure let me get back to you on that
i ****ing hate jay cutlers attitude, many people here do and even did when he was our qb. hes whiny and immature and thats why hes not our QB anymore, as sad as that is.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i ****ing hate jay cutlers attitude, many people here do and even did when he was our qb. hes whiny and immature and thats why hes not our QB anymore, as sad as that is.
Like I said think god someone b****ed about it on sirius radio giving you the idea to start yet another ****ing thread to beat into the ground that you infact don't like Jay Cutler nor his attitude while he was a QB for Denver. Do you think by chance this little factoid hasn't become clear to the 30,000 something posters that come here from day to day?

For the love of god man people like him and people hate him. You act like this is going to change EVER. It won't change now from someones opinion on sirius and it won't change if you over hear a dude taking a **** in the bathroom b****ing about him and you happen to share his views.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,698

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i ****ing hate jay cutlers attitude, many people here do and even did when he was our qb. hes whiny and immature and thats why hes not our QB anymore, as sad as that is.
Surely you're joking. I never would have guessed it.... I mean you've completely managed to keep your distaste for his attitude such a secret and all...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Surely you're joking. I never would have guessed it.... I mean you've completely managed to keep your distaste for his attitude such a secret and all...
which is why im talking about how having a system and a QB that may not rely on a single player to win games is kinda nice. im not talking about just jay cutler and surely not his attitude at all, the guy on the radio was b****ing (and subsequently the guys on the show just started saying cutler is better than orton blah blah, sirius is almost as bad as nfln)

back to the topic, should be interesting to see if orton has to take off alot like he had to last year to make a play with our oline...even though the oline stats are inflated a bit because of cutlers scrambling ability, having someone more like brady/manning, using intelligence to beat the defense instead of athleticism would be cool. how was jake plummer at reading defenses? i was a casual bronco fan then for some reason until about 06.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #15
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Surely you're joking. I never would have guessed it.... I mean you've completely managed to keep your distaste for his attitude such a secret and all...
What got me hooked on this place was all the good offseason info people would dig up so I wouldn't have to tied in with Kaylore's, Socal's and the rest of the crews training camp reports. Now its just a never ending daily report about this guy and him not liking Cutler.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
KillerBronco#76
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
KillerBronco#76's Avatar
 
"The Beast" From the east

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 898
Default

Cutler was my favorite player on the team but we traded him so im over it... damn good player gonna make chicago alot better. but orton isn't bad doesn't have good accuracy on the deep ball and doesn't have good touch on short passes but he has a pretty good arm then again he has had terrible offensive lines if he has time to set he may be able to make better throws. We got Orton and Ayers from the trade so far we'll have to wait till next year to actually see who all we go for cutler though since we still have the bears pick. If Ayers becomes a pro bowler the argument may become void...
KillerBronco#76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
which is why im talking about how having a system and a QB that may not rely on a single player to win games is kinda nice. im not talking about just jay cutler and surely not his attitude at all, the guy on the radio was b****ing (and subsequently the guys on the show just started saying cutler is better than orton blah blah, sirius is almost as bad as nfln)

back to the topic, should be interesting to see if orton has to take off alot like he had to last year to make a play with our oline...even though the oline stats are inflated a bit because of cutlers scrambling ability, having someone more like brady/manning, using intelligence to beat the defense instead of athleticism would be cool. how was jake plummer at reading defenses? i was a casual bronco fan then for some reason until about 06.
That makes me feel so much better knowing that I've been called out by you for being a true fan when I had to deal with being beat up (maybe not beat up but hit and verbally abused) in grade school for being a Elway fan.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
What got me hooked on this place was all the good offseason info people would dig up so I wouldn't have to tied in with Kaylore's, Socal's and the rest of the crews training camp reports. Now its just a never ending daily report about this guy and him not liking Cutler.
are you ****ing kidding me? try reading the whole ****ing post you god damn whiner.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #19
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
That makes me feel so much better knowing that I've been called out by you for being a true fan when I had to deal with being beat up (maybe not beat up but hit and verbally abused) in grade school for being a Elway fan.
thats wonderful, so the fact taht i casually followed football (always rooted for the broncos and no one else) until just a few years ago means you are a better fan then me. got it. now go cheer for jay cutler some more.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
are you ****ing kidding me? try reading the whole ****ing post you god damn whiner.
A game manager is just what this D needs, not someone that could win a game if by some chance the other team happens to put together a drive that results in points against us.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #21
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
A game manager is just what this D needs, not someone that could win a game if by some chance the other team happens to put together a drive that results in points against us.
you are ****ing hopeless. you may as well jsut come back after the season, you know, because we are only gonna win 1 or 2 games the entire year. may cutler will come back for you.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
thats wonderful, so the fact taht i casually followed football (always rooted for the broncos and no one else) until just a few years ago means you are a better fan then me. got it. now go cheer for jay cutler some more.
You are some kind of awesome.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #23
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
you are ****ing hopeless. you may as well jsut come back after the season, you know, because we are only gonna win 1 or 2 games the entire year. may cutler will come back for you.
No man I'm not a causal kind of fan. For as long as I have remembered Denver losing has ****ed up my week. So I will be here everday pretty much like I have been since I joined the site to check up on your thoughts about Jay Cutler.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No man I'm not a causal kind of fan. For as long as I have remembered Denver losing has ****ed up my week. So I will be here everday pretty much like I have been since I joined the site to check up on your thoughts about Jay Cutler.
because this entire thread was about jay cutler. oh wait, it wasnt until you started ****ing crying about it. this thread WAS about the type of QB that plummer and cutler were compared to having someone(and a system) who doesnt have the pressure of having to win the game on his back. but no, youre dumbass ruined that. now continue crying about how bad this team will be, im sure that makes youre offseason fun too, seeing constant pessimism about ****ing everything taht has ever been done with this team. you sound like mock.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #25
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Like I said think god someone b****ed about it on sirius radio giving you the idea to start yet another ****ing thread to beat into the ground that you infact don't like Jay Cutler nor his attitude while he was a QB for Denver. Do you think by chance this little factoid hasn't become clear to the 30,000 something posters that come here from day to day?

For the love of god man people like him and people hate him. You act like this is going to change EVER. It won't change now from someones opinion on sirius and it won't change if you over hear a dude taking a **** in the bathroom b****ing about him and you happen to share his views.
I never thought I'd long to talk about Jake the Fake Plummer again but I surely do.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Denver Broncos