The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Buddy, can you spare a dime for Tom Brady?

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/in...ak#articleFull

A 61-year-old ex-con, who was pinched for lifting two Belgian flower boxes worth $8,000 from Tom Brady [stats], is now on the street panhandling to repay the New England Patriots [team stats] QB.

Dennis Paiva of Malden, who claims the whole thing is a big misunderstanding, spends his days begging on the street after a Boston Municipal Court judge
ordered him to pay $4,000 restitution to Brady’s realty trust.

“I’m out here holding up signs,” complained Paiva, who did a 10-year prison stint for bank robbery but says he never meant to steal from number 12.

Here’s the story: Paiva got out of jail five years ago and after serving his time, tried to go on the straight and narrow He took odd jobs and had a side gig as a trash picker.

“I would go out the night before the trash got picked up and see what people put out. If there was anything good, I would take it and sell it,” he explained

Of course, as Paiva explains it, he always found better stuff in the ritzier neighborhoods, so one night last fall he found himself in an alley in the Back Bay checking the discards.

“I saw these two stainless steel metal containers behind a garage next to the trash,” Paiva said. “Scrap metal was really high at the time so I grabbed them and put them in my truck.”

Paiva took the planters to a scrapyard in Everett, collected $450 and was feeling pretty good about life. Right up until he got a call from a Boston police detective.

“The guy mentions I took some flower pots,” Paiva recalled. “I said,‘I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ He said, ‘We got you on the security camera.’ And I said, ‘Yeah, I took them, but they were out with the trash.’ He said, ‘You gotta get them back. You don’t even want to know who they belong to!’ ”

Well, when Paiva heard who owned his “scrap metal,” he rushed back to the yard but, of course, the planters were history. He went back to police and told them the sad tale and was promptly cited for larceny.

“I said, ‘You’re kidding me, they were in the trash!’ ” Paiva said. “The police talked to the people in the building and they said that deliverymen had left the planters in the back because there was no one home. Everyone agreed it was a mistake.”

Nonetheless, the case worked its way through the system, and, according to Paiva, they offered him a plea deal. According to the Suffolk District Attorney’s Office, Dennis admitted he was guilty of larceny, he agreed to pay $4,000 restitution, and the case was continued without a finding for a year. If Paiva got into no more trouble, the charges would be dismissed.

Dennis said he took the deal because he didn’t want to take his chances at trial, what with the bank-robbery record and all. . . .

The story could have ended there, except that, a few weeks later, Paiva suffered an aneurysm and wound up in Massachusetts General Hospital having brain surgery.

“I think it was the stress,” he said
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yeah he accidentally took the flower pots for scrap metal. RIIIIGGGHHHTTTT!!!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran

are we suppose to feel bad for this piece? reason why he has spent time in the slammer. i just wish he was working for his money instead of begging on a street corner.
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

you are right mizz, we all know how easy it is to get a job.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

People are just lining up around the block to hire ex cons in this economy.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran

so being an ex-con justifies stealing someone else's property. you guys are nuts, if you side with scumbags like that where is the limit
Old 07-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran

he needs to be held accountable for his actions
Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I'm sure he's the living scum of the earth since he snatched a couple flower pots from Tom Brady's trash. He should get the death penalty.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I'm sure he's the living scum of the earth since he snatched a couple flower pots from Tom Brady's trash. He should get the death penalty.
yeah no doubt ... the sooner this guy is dead the better off Tom Brady's trash is
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #10
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I'm kind of shocked that nothing happened to the deliverymen that left $8000 dollars worth of pots just outside like that without anyone signing for them.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:56 AM   #11
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4321250

Agency owner pays off debt for stranger

Associated Press

BOSTON -- A convicted bank robber who says he had to panhandle to repay a debt to New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has had his debt erased by a local businessman.

Dennis Paiva was ordered by a court to pay $4,000 after selling Brady's expensive flower boxes for scrap metal, mistakenly believing they'd been put behind Brady's Boston condominium as trash in May 2008.

Dan Greenwald, the owner of a Burlington ad agency, said he decided to pay the restitution after reading about Paiva's plight in the Boston Herald on Friday.

Greenwald said it seemed as if Paiva, who says he can't work because of recent surgery, got "the rawest of raw deals."

The 61-year-old Paiva said Greenwald's gift was like "a dream come true."
slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #12
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyinky View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4321250

Agency owner pays off debt for stranger

Associated Press

BOSTON -- A convicted bank robber who says he had to panhandle to repay a debt to New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has had his debt erased by a local businessman.

Dennis Paiva was ordered by a court to pay $4,000 after selling Brady's expensive flower boxes for scrap metal, mistakenly believing they'd been put behind Brady's Boston condominium as trash in May 2008.

Dan Greenwald, the owner of a Burlington ad agency, said he decided to pay the restitution after reading about Paiva's plight in the Boston Herald on Friday.

Greenwald said it seemed as if Paiva, who says he can't work because of recent surgery, got "the rawest of raw deals."

The 61-year-old Paiva said Greenwald's gift was like "a dream come true."
and whats worse is Brady accepted this money ,brady doesnt need the coin , Brady should have said give it to a charity ....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #13
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
and whats worse is Brady accepted this money ,brady doesnt need the coin , Brady should have said give it to a charity ....
No kidding...what a tool. Wonder what an $8,000 flower pot looks like...and what kind of wacko needs one to begin with? I mean...were they gold plated maybe?

Funny...you'd think a guy as supposedly smart as Brady would recognize the pure PR worth to his endorsement portfolio by simply doing a good deed and looking the other way on something this dumb. Image is money to these guys...his just took a nasty hit worth a lot more than 8 grand.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
No kidding...what a tool. Wonder what an $8,000 flower pot looks like...and what kind of wacko needs one to begin with? I mean...were they gold plated maybe?

Funny...you'd think a guy as supposedly smart as Brady would recognize the pure PR worth to his endorsement portfolio by simply doing a good deed and looking the other way on something this dumb. Image is money to these guys...his just took a nasty hit worth a lot more than 8 grand.
You'd think Brady would be smart enough to forgive and forget, but I bet you anything his agent and lawyers told him to stay out of it.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #15
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

In other news, class envy douchebags are envious.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #16
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
You'd think Brady would be smart enough to forgive and forget, but I bet you anything his agent and lawyers told him to stay out of it.
brady makes in the range of one million dollars per game, when they recognized this was an accident he shoulda just said big deal.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

So, Brady has something delivered to his home that cost him thousands of dollars and the delivery man sets it out next to the trash because Tom isn't home? Shouldn't Brady be taking that up with the idiots at that company?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
So, Brady has something delivered to his home that cost him thousands of dollars and the delivery man sets it out next to the trash because Tom isn't home? Shouldn't Brady be taking that up with the idiots at that company?
That's what I said in post ten, sad thing is I'm willing to be he had some kind of insurance on the pots too.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #19
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This.

Id sue the company for certain.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote