The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default United Breaks Guitars...

This is pretty hilarious... Gotta love the Internet!

Full Story: http://www.davecarrollmusic.com/story... - In the spring of 2008, Sons of Maxwell were traveling to Nebraska for a one-week tour and my Taylor guitar was witnessed being thrown by United Airlines baggage handlers in Chicago. I discovered later that the $3500 guitar was severely damaged. They didnt deny the experience occurred but for nine months the various people I communicated with put the responsibility for dealing with the damage on everyone other than themselves and finally said they would do nothing to compensate me for my loss. So I promised the last person to finally say no to compensation (Ms. Irlweg) that I would write and produce three songs about my experience with United Airlines and make videos for each to be viewed online by anyone in the world. United: Song 1 is the first of those songs. United: Song 2 has been written and video production is underway. United: Song 3 is coming. I promise.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 03:06 AM   #2
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

That's a pretty good song and video. I should make a few copies and distribute them to waiting passengers at my local airport.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Wait for song number 2. After a year and a song that went viral United decided to call him and pay for the guitar. He said donate it to charity!

theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:59 AM   #4
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Between United and American airlines, my suitcase of only four years now looks like it's been around for 20 + and treated like the package in the opening scenes of Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Luggage care is definitely not a top priority in this industry.

If I'm real lucky, I'll get a full security screening and Homeland Security will turn my neatly packed bag into a hamper as an added bonus.

Last edited by Hogan11; 07-11-2009 at 06:15 AM..
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Between United and American airlines, my suitcase of only four years now looks like it's been around for 20 + and treated like the package in the opening scenes of Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Luggage care is definitely not a top priority in this industry.

If I'm real lucky, I'll get a full security screening and Homeland Security will turn my neatly packed bag into a hamper as an added bonus.
Ironlung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I woke up and had this song buzzing in my head. I'm glad that they guy wrote the song, because it reminded me of the decision I made not to fly United again after the last time I took them, and they charged me at the ticket counter to take my luggage.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

That's a very well-written song. He has a really full voice and the harmonies are pretty. He doesn't have a super star face, but I'd bet after this incident he'll be able to make a small fortune with his music and really do what he loves.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
..because it reminded me of the decision I made not to fly United again after the last time I took them, and they charged me at the ticket counter to take my luggage.
That occurs on most airlines now.

United used to be awesome. I was 1K with them and they treated me like a God. The pilot would even send hand-written notes back to me to personally thank me for flying them.

After they entered bankruptcy, it all changed. They nickle and dime you worse than any airline out there. They don't even assign seats now when you initially purchase tickets for a lot of flights in an effort to get you to upgrade to their 'plus' seats for a ridiculous surcharge. They have no idea what CSR means..it is all about the bottom line.

When you let the bean counters run the ship you might turn a profit but the user experience goes way down hill.

The airline I fly the most now is Alaska. They are AWESOME. They still know what customer service means. They serve free local PNW beer and wine selections on some of their regional flights. They upgrade easily and their award plans are useful (unlike United).

Last edited by worm; 07-11-2009 at 10:22 AM..
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
TUG
Just lovin Bronco Ball

This guy can really sing, check out his other stuff. It is not just united customer service in this country sucks.
TUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

You think flying them is bad try working with their management on a regular basis.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote