The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Default If anyone is looking for a GPS, these deals cant be beat

I would recommend navigon or tomtom......with my preference being navigon because its the only one to have the "realview" lane assist (shows the actual road signs so you know which lane you have to be in well before you get there) The navigon one for 69.99 is fantastic, I have two of them.

http://www.compusa.com/applications/...p=LN-_-EL-_-NA
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Popps
It's so easy

Any leads on a good pair of Jordans?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Any leads on a good pair of Jordans?
I think i saw a thread about those floating around here.........

Ill tell you what, just send me your credit card info, and ill have you a pair of jordans in a week for 20 bucks.........sound good?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
Popps
It's so easy

Our Garmin Nuvi is crapping out. Won't hold a charge longer than a couple of hours and you can't use it while it's charing. (!) It works great when it works... though the interface isn't exactly intuitive, imo. But, the battery basically dying after a couple years without any way to power it using AA's or anything is pretty unacceptable.

We just drove across the country and my iPhone was more useful than the Garmin with regards to navigation. (And weather pattern recognition.)
Old 07-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed orange and blue View Post
Ill tell you what, just send me your credit card info, and ill have you a pair of jordans in a week for 20 bucks.........sound good?
No problem. I'll include our SS #'s as well, just in case you need them.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
Our Garmin Nuvi is crapping out. Won't hold a charge longer than a couple of hours and you can't use it while it's charing. (!) It works great when it works... though the interface isn't exactly intuitive, imo. But, the battery basically dying after a couple years without any way to power it using AA's or anything is pretty unacceptable.

We just drove across the country and my iPhone was more useful than the Garmin with regards to navigation. (And weather pattern recognition.)
you cant use it while its charging? thats not right.........the whole point of them is to be plugged in while your using it.

Though that being said, the garmins are known for having piss poor batteries and battery problems thats why i never recommend them to anyone
Old 07-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
No problem. I'll include our SS #'s as well, just in case you need them.

well in that case they just went down to $15/pair
Old 07-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
you cant use it while its charging? thats not right.........the whole point of them is to be plugged in while your using it.

Though that being said, the garmins are known for having piss poor batteries and battery problems thats why i never recommend them to anyone
Yea, exactly. When plugged into the car charger, it just locks into a screen that says it's charging. I cant' get it to budge off of it. Like you said, what's the point!?

I'm guessing it's a bug. I can't imagine they designed it that way.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to look into the Tom Tom.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
Yea, exactly. When plugged into the car charger, it just locks into a screen that says it's charging. I cant' get it to budge off of it. Like you said, what's the point!?

I'm guessing it's a bug. I can't imagine they designed it that way.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to look into the Tom Tom.
yeah the tomtoms have the best/most POI's of anyone........I jsut personally like the navigons because they offer the realtime view which comes in handy especially for complicated exits or where you are stuck in traffic so you know which lane you have to be in ahead of time.

I have both, a tomtom ONE and the navigon 2000
Old 07-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #10
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
I would recommend navigon or tomtom......with my preference being navigon because its the only one to have the "realview" lane assist (shows the actual road signs so you know which lane you have to be in well before you get there) The navigon one for 69.99 is fantastic, I have two of them.

http://www.compusa.com/applications/...p=LN-_-EL-_-NA
I have tried the navigon ( it was a year ago) and returned it because it has absolutely the worst search function of any GPS I found. The Realview WAS nice , but the way it searches for POI's is rediculously bad (unless they changed it) .

It will only search for POI's within the CITY you are in. So, If I'm in, say, Aurora, CO, and ask it to find the airport (DIA) for Denver it will report NO POI found. You have to manually expand the search area to find the airports and then it will list every podunk small field and airport within your parameters (1 mile, 5 miles, etc. etc.) .

If you are in a strange city it is practically useless to use it to find an unfamiliar POI (point of interest), as it limits the search too much. You have to know exactly where the POI is (city) to find it! Try to find the Cinncinatti, Ohio airport (which is in Kentucky) with it and you will be a very unhappy guy.

I currently use a V7 NAV730 I picked up for $99 in late 07 after trying a Garmin, Navigon, Mio and a few others. It does the job, and is able to get map updates for free (so far.) The Premium maps (available from their support site) load onto a 2GB Sd card and have 11 million POIs. Oh. by the way, I also kept a copy of the Navigon 2000 Flash rom and can run its software on the Nav730 also, by copying it onto the 4GB SD I use, as a separate file ....(everything but the volume keys work normally). However, I don't use it because of the search problem.

Unfortunately it looks like the V7 Nav 730/740 is no longer manufactured.

Check out this site for LOTS of information about different GPS's and how to change modify them to run alternate software , etc. plus tons of reviews etc.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/default.asp

Last edited by ScottXray; 07-09-2009 at 01:38 PM..
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I can beat that deal, going after work to steal one.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #12
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

have a tomtom, love it!
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

How well does navi work on an IPhone with AT&T?
I currently carry around a Garmin, cell phone and IPOD. And now that there's a 32GB IPhone I would absolutely love to turn those 3 devices into 1. But I do a lot of driving for work (even out of state) so I need a GPS that works very well and also works out of cell range. The navi on my Sprint smart phone is complete garbage. About a year ago I had Verizon navi and while it was a lot better then Sprint it still didn't come close to Garmin level.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #14
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

i have a nuvi and can use it while charging, no problem.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #15
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I have tried the navigon ( it was a year ago) and returned it because it has absolutely the worst search function of any GPS I found. The Realview WAS nice , but the way it searches for POI's is rediculously bad (unless they changed it) .

It will only search for POI's within the CITY you are in. So, If I'm in, say, Aurora, CO, and ask it to find the airport (DIA) for Denver it will report NO POI found. You have to manually expand the search area to find the airports and then it will list every podunk small field and airport within your parameters (1 mile, 5 miles, etc. etc.) .

If you are in a strange city it is practically useless to use it to find an unfamiliar POI (point of interest), as it limits the search too much. You have to know exactly where the POI is (city) to find it! Try to find the Cinncinatti, Ohio airport (which is in Kentucky) with it and you will be a very unhappy guy.

I currently use a V7 NAV730 I picked up for $99 in late 07 after trying a Garmin, Navigon, Mio and a few others. It does the job, and is able to get map updates for free (so far.) The Premium maps (available from their support site) load onto a 2GB Sd card and have 11 million POIs. Oh. by the way, I also kept a copy of the Navigon 2000 Flash rom and can run its software on the Nav730 also, by copying it onto the 4GB SD I use, as a separate file ....(everything but the volume keys work normally). However, I don't use it because of the search problem.

Unfortunately it looks like the V7 Nav 730/740 is no longer manufactured.

Check out this site for LOTS of information about different GPS's and how to change modify them to run alternate software , etc. plus tons of reviews etc.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/default.asp
yeah i agree about the search but they did fix it with the new software.......almost all of the GPS now have the new version on them, but if it doesn't you can upgrade for free on their web site
Old 07-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #16
Mr. Elway
cakn patna

I'd proceed with caution on the refurbished stuff. Some of those are as good as new, others have been repaired.
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote