The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default say our QBs dont cut it this year...

what about brian brohm? i mentioned it in another thread, he is #3 on packers depth chart, wouldnt he be good for a trade? i dont know much about him except he fell on draft day to round 2 and never has a shot in green bay...
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Depends on who our coach is next year.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
what about brian brohm? i mentioned it in another thread, he is #3 on packers depth chart, wouldnt he be good for a trade? i dont know much about him except he fell on draft day to round 2 and never has a shot in green bay...
i really liked Brohm coming out of college. i thought he had the tools to be the best in his draft class. and he is pretty close to the prototype QB that McDaniels likes in his system. i'd be for it. but even if we got him, he still wouldn't play until 2010 at the soonest.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I liked Brohm in college as well.

But.... If he can't even push Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, why would I expect him to amount to anything in Denver.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
TheDave
Sauced...

If we lose and it's obviously because of our QB's... I doubt McDaniels will have a much to do with who our next QB is.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

A QB nobody else wants is not the answer. We already have several of those.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
If we lose and it's obviously because of our QB's... I doubt McDaniels will have a much to do with who our next QB is.
I bet he gets a 2nd year unless we pull a 2-14 or,GULP, worse.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm with Herc on this one. There's no way in hell that Pat Bowlen is going to carry three coaches next season, even if McDaniels tanks and has a one win season.

I suppose the caveat is that Mike Shanahan could be hired as early as late this season - but more likely early next season. But I think Bowlen has his HOF credentials riding on McDaniels and is going to give him every opportunity to succeed.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

But.... If he can't even push Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, why would I expect him to amount to anything in Denver.
Have you watched Rodgers play? He's really good.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #10
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
I bet he gets a 2nd year unless we pull a 2-14 or,GULP, worse.
I agree the odds of him being fired after this season are VERY slim. But if it goes 3-13 or 4-12 ugly and Orton stinks up the joint (and our new franchise QB is sitting there when Seattle is on the clock)... Bowlen may not have much of a choice.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm with Herc on this one. There's no way in hell that Pat Bowlen is going to carry three coaches next season, even if McDaniels tanks and has a one win season.

I suppose the caveat is that Mike Shanahan could be hired as early as late this season - but more likely early next season. But I think Bowlen has his HOF credentials riding on McDaniels and is going to give him every opportunity to succeed.
Shanahan WILL be coaching next season... Pat will be off the hook for his salary.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I kind of hope that San Diego does well enough for Norv to keep his job next season. I'd absolutely loathe a situation where Shanahan ends up coaching the Chargers.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
I kind of hope that San Diego does well enough for Norv to keep his job next season. I'd absolutely loathe a situation where Shanahan ends up coaching the Chargers.
Ugghhh... My guess is he will end up in Dallas or Washington. With his ties to Chicago and Cutler he could end up a bear if things don't go well this season.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I'd cry myself to sleep for a week. Minimum.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #15
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
I agree the odds of him being fired after this season are VERY slim. But if it goes 3-13 or 4-12 ugly and Orton stinks up the joint (and our new franchise QB is sitting there when Seattle is on the clock)... Bowlen may not have much of a choice.
Don't get me started on that bullsheat----so MANY questionable moves from someone so UNPROVEN. I hope that our defense becomes a turnover machine this year, ala the 2000 season.that will give us a fighting chance.........
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

But.... If he can't even push Matt Flynn in Green Bay, why would I expect him to amount to anything in Denver.
I corrected it for you.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
I can't see that happening. Shanahan wants full power over the team and San Diego has a GM. The two will not get along, kind of like Marty.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #18
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
Don't get me started on that bullsheat----so MANY questionable moves from someone so UNPROVEN. I hope that our defense becomes a turnover machine this year, ala the 2000 season.that will give us a fighting chance.........
I have the most trouble figuring out the Cutler trade combined with the trade of our 1st.

If you trade the QB and are going into a rebuilding mode... fine. Then you keep our 1st.

If your not in a rebuilding mode and you are trying to win now... fine. Then you don't trade the QB.

I just can't figure that combo out.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #19
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I'd be pretty surprised if McDaniels couldn't make a respectable QB out of one of these guys. Considering what he did with Cassel, I think there's a good possibility he will.

Just a gut feeling, but I think that McD may be QB-friendly in the way Shanahan was, getting the most out of the guys he has. In fact, it sounds to me like McD might even be more detail-oriented as far as being hands-on with the QBs. I always felt like Cutler suffered with mechanics and didn't look like he was being coached properly, at times.

We'll see, but I'm optimistic about our offensive production. I'm much more concerned about the massive job of fixing the broken defense the new staff inherited.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #20
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Said it before and got laughed at, and I'll say it again and get laughed at...Again.

Derek Anderson.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #21
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I thought about this also. The problem with that scenario is the San Diego GM would have to fire himself to give Shanahan the job. No way is Shanahan taking a job unless he has complete control.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #22
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I disagree taco, I mean his HOF credentials will take a hit if the team is going to be picking in the top 5. If it does get to that point where the Broncos are picking in the top 5, I don't see Bowlen owning the team much longer. In this economic climate, the financial aspect of the Business could be falling apart and force Bowlen to cut his losses and walk away.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #23
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'd be pretty surprised if McDaniels couldn't make a respectable QB out of one of these guys. Considering what he did with Cassel, I think there's a good possibility he will.

Just a gut feeling, but I think that McD may be QB-friendly in the way Shanahan was, getting the most out of the guys he has. In fact, it sounds to me like McD might even be more detail-oriented as far as being hands-on with the QBs. I always felt like Cutler suffered with mechanics and didn't look like he was being coached properly, at times.

We'll see, but I'm optimistic about our offensive production. I'm much more concerned about the massive job of fixing the broken defense the new staff inherited.

let us not forget Cassel had spent like 4 years learning/using and knew that "complicated" system foward and backwards
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #24
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Said it before and got laughed at, and I'll say it again and get laughed at...Again.

Derek Anderson.
I would rather have Brady Quinn.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #25
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Ive talked about Brohm before the draft 100 times,he fell off the conversation when McD passed on him.

But if the Broncos are looking for a QB via trade I'll highly recommend Matt Moore I believe his the 2nd or 3rd QB on the panthers roster.The man has a very quick release and a strong arm.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote