The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

Default Let's talk basketball........

I don't have enough freinds who are interested in the NBA so here a few quick thoughts....

Fisher doesn't have to start.... kobe at 1, artest at 2, odom, pau, bynum, offese might run a lil smoother with fish but who the hell is gonna score on those five, man that was a big signing, one huge thing is kobe doesn't have to be exhausted every game now since he's not gonna be gaurding superstars

bynums kinda overated.... but young, i wouldn't mind seeing him traded

Shaq was a dumb move, he's not the answer...

Any new on the celtics? theyre trying to do something big...
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
bronco_boi_5280
Solid Starter

The Birdman Flies

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Andersen

You should have posted this in the Artest thread.

But anyways, absolutely not @ Kobe playing PG. He's a phenomenal player, but you need an actual PG to play PG.

Plus, Odom is perfect off the bench.

Celts signed Rasheed, good move for them.
bronco_boi_5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

People need to think past the Oneal trade and see the big picture. Do you have any idea how much money the Cavs have coming of the books in 10? More then enough to keep James and sign Bosch.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Kobe at point is a bad idea, and Jackson doesn't want to play Odom, Gasol, and Bynum at the same time. Too big of a line up. They rarely played together last year, if ever.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Hedo Turkoglu is a douche.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
People need to think past the Oneal trade and see the big picture. Do you have any idea how much money the Cavs have coming of the books in 10? More then enough to keep James and sign Bosch.
it is going to be a strange decision for Lebron in 2010. he can take a bigger contract from Cleveland, but not get near as much endorsement dollars as he would in NYC, but to go to NYC he has to sign a deal for less cash.

my thinking is, unless Cleveland wins it all this year, he is gone after next season
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Rasheed is going to sign with the Celts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4307834

Last edited by BroncoDoug; 07-05-2009 at 11:10 PM..
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Jason kidd says he'll resign with the Mavs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4307928

Last edited by BroncoDoug; 07-05-2009 at 11:11 PM..
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
it is going to be a strange decision for Lebron in 2010. he can take a bigger contract from Cleveland, but not get near as much endorsement dollars as he would in NYC, but to go to NYC he has to sign a deal for less cash.

my thinking is, unless Cleveland wins it all this year, he is gone after next season
You really think NYC will be have a better chance at winning it all then Cleveland?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #10
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

kobe at point isn't too great, i guess im just looking at that lineup from a defensive persspective.......... hedo is a douche, sheed is a great pickup
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I believe Phil (no neck) Jackson will retire after this year for sure. Lakers could fall apart after this season.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You really think NYC will be have a better chance at winning it all then Cleveland?
hell no! i think unless Cleveland wins it all this year he will forego being on a more talented team, for more money, playing on a lesser team. he is going to realize he has probably 10 years at a high level left in him and is going to go after the money now, and later in his career start worrying about a championship.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:13 AM   #13
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Please explain how an international sports icon is going to make more money just by being in NY. When you are as big as Lebron, it doesn't matter where you play. Cleveland is now partially owned by Chinese investors, I'm sure being able to be marketed to a billion people is going to help his pocket book. The only reason he bolts is for a bigger spotlight.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:18 AM   #14
bronco_boi_5280
Solid Starter

The Birdman Flies

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Hedo Turkoglu is a douche.
Apparently's Hedo's wife wanted nothing to do with the city of Portland.

Basically, Nugget Nation is Hedo's Wife's #1 fans.
bronco_boi_5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #15
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Lakers are gonna 3 or 4 Peat but besides that the teams to look for this year are Bobcats,Warriors,and The Sixers
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Lakers are gonna 3 or 4 Peat but besides that the teams to look for this year are Bobcats,Warriors,and The Sixers
I don't see the Warriors doing much this year....really the drafting of Curry surprised me being htat they just gave Monta Ellis all that money...so now you have two undersized 2 guards (although Curry worked point last year at Davidson) who love to shoot

recipe for disaster....and then you still have to work in Stephen Jackson's touches because he's the kind of guy that will just NOT play if he isnt getting the rock...i see that team falling in on itself this year

Bobcats should take another step forward this year but the real key will be whether they can get all their guys signed AFTER this year....they are so young and all their guys are coming up on contracts this year and next...so its going to be like an 82 game contrract season for the entire team
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Keep drinking that Kool Aid. The Lakers are better with the acquisition of Artest, but the Celtics are better with Wallace and healthy. All that needs to happen is for Kobe to get injured like Garnett did this last year. It's difficult to repeat. Don't forget the Blazers, I think Roy is a top 5 SG and they have a very good/young team.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #18
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Keep drinking that Kool Aid. The Lakers are better with the acquisition of Artest, but the Celtics are better with Wallace and healthy. All that needs to happen is for Kobe to get injured like Garnett did this last year. It's difficult to repeat. Don't forget the Blazers, I think Roy is a top 5 SG and they have a very good/young team.
So your planning to do Voodoo on Kobe eh?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #19
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So your planning to do Voodoo on Kobe eh?
Miss Cleo needs to work chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. No, I wouldn't wish that, then a title would be tainted. Like the Lakers this year with the injuries to Yao and Garnett.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #20
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Please explain how an international sports icon is going to make more money just by being in NY. When you are as big as Lebron, it doesn't matter where you play. Cleveland is now partially owned by Chinese investors, I'm sure being able to be marketed to a billion people is going to help his pocket book. The only reason he bolts is for a bigger spotlight.
just because Cleveland has minority ownership with chinese investors doesn't mean they are suddenly an international brand, it will take a few years at least until they are able to get him huge endorsement money. New York is one of if not the biggest media markets in the world. NY would give Lebron probably double in endorsement money than Cleveland would get him.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #21
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
just because Cleveland has minority ownership with chinese investors doesn't mean they are suddenly an international brand, it will take a few years at least until they are able to get him huge endorsement money. New York is one of if not the biggest media markets in the world. NY would give Lebron probably double in endorsement money than Cleveland would get him.
I understand that NY is one of the largest media markets in the world and I could see how that would be relevant to a middle of the road player as far as endorsements go. But this is Lebron James, people come to you when you are as big as he is. Not sure how he could get more endorsement deals than what he already has. When you get a 100 million sneaker contract before you graduate high school, I'd say the endorsements come to you, no matter where you are. In my mind, it does not matter where he plays.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #22
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Honestly, the team to beat next year is not the Lakers, Cavs, or Celtics. It is the Magic. They are young and very talented. Of their 4 All Stars, 2 are very young, and Lewis is fairly young. VC is getting a bit old, but is better than Hedo. The can match up with anyone.

SF is the only position in which they wont have an all star, but they have a lot of young talent to choose from for that position.

PG - Jameer Nelson All-star
SG - Vince Carter All-star
PF - Rashad Lewis All-star
C - Dwight Howard All-star
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #23
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Losing Artest is going to hurt the Rockets a little, but not as much as people think. Getting rid of T-Mac somehow this offseason should be #1 priority. Trade him for a bag of tater chips and call it a deal.

Rockets are a great scoring wing away from contending. Brooks, though small, is a great young PG and Yao is either the best center or second best center in the league (its debatable, Howard is pretty awesome in the post, but Yao has a more complete game).

Carmelo will never win a NBA ring. He used all his mojo in his one year of College against my Jayhawks. Nuggets should trade him for someone who good mojo.

I think the Magic are going to win the East next year and the NBA title. Laker's not withstanding, the Magic will have been more battle tested unlike this previous year. They'll be ready.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #24
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Losing Artest is going to hurt the Rockets a little, but not as much as people think. Getting rid of T-Mac somehow this offseason should be #1 priority. Trade him for a bag of tater chips and call it a deal.

Rockets are a great scoring wing away from contending. Brooks, though small, is a great young PG and Yao is either the best center or second best center in the league (its debatable, Howard is pretty awesome in the post, but Yao has a more complete game).

Carmelo will never win a NBA ring. He used all his mojo in his one year of College against my Jayhawks. Nuggets should trade him for someone who good mojo.

I think the Magic are going to win the East next year and the NBA title. Laker's not withstanding, the Magic will have been more battle tested unlike this previous year. They'll be ready.
Yao is done according to most of the reports I have seen. His foot is bad and not getting any better. Without Yao the Rockets faired well in the playoffs, but for a full season I dont think they will do too well. That alnoe will set the franchise back a good deal.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #25
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Since the Lakers are already betting on the present instead of the future (Artest vs. Ariza), they should make a play to get a solid PG like Rondo.

With a solid PG as opposed to an aging Fisher, they will win hands down for the next 3 years...then Phil Jackson will be gone...with 13 rings, Kobe will sign elsewhere like NY and make bank for the end of his career, and Artest will be done.