The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Fantasy Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How does my trade rate?
A 0 0%
B 3 75.00%
C 0 0%
D 1 25.00%
F 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Default Grade my Trade

OK, so I just make a blockbuster deal w/ the defending champ in my dynasty league. Before I get into what was dealt, here is my original squad..or at least the positions that matter for the deal:

QB: Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan
RB: Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Knowshon Moreno, Chester Taylor, Shonn Greene, James Davis, Glen Coffee and Gartrell Johnson (Coffee and Johnson on rookie taxi squad)
WR: Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Kevin Walter, Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Donnie Avery and Ramses Barden (taxi)

The trade was this:

I GAVE Matt Ryan, Chester Taylor, Glen Coffee, Roddy White and Percy Harvin

I GET Carson Palmer, Maurice Jones-Drew, Roy Williams (WR), and 2 first round picks in 2010.

So now I have:

QB: Aaron Rodgers and Carson Palmer
RB: Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew, Shonn Greene, James Davis and Gartrell Johnson (Johnson on rookie taxi squad)
WR: Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Kevin Walter, Roy Williams, Donnie Avery and Ramses Barden (taxi)

...and I picked up Ted Ginn w/ my extra roster spot.

So what do ya think? As much as I like Ryan, I dunno if I see him as a fantasy stud. Palmer is older, but I think has more fantasy value. The other guy has both Mannings, and wanted some youth at QB. I LOVE MJD and think his addition gives me the best RBs in our league. The other guy has Adrian Peterson, so he is helped out in getting Chester. I clearly lose out at WR, BUT Roy CAN be a pretty damn good #1 target. Add to that the 2 #1s and I think I did OK...
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

For the record, we keep our entire rosters from year to year...or as much as we choose to. So this deal is a long term situation.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
Cecil Lammey
NFL Insider

Football is Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27atwater View Post
OK, so I just make a blockbuster deal w/ the defending champ in my dynasty league. Before I get into what was dealt, here is my original squad..or at least the positions that matter for the deal:

QB: Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan
RB: Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Knowshon Moreno, Chester Taylor, Shonn Greene, James Davis, Glen Coffee and Gartrell Johnson (Coffee and Johnson on rookie taxi squad)
WR: Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Kevin Walter, Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Donnie Avery and Ramses Barden (taxi)

The trade was this:

I GAVE Matt Ryan, Chester Taylor, Glen Coffee, Roddy White and Percy Harvin

I GET Carson Palmer, Maurice Jones-Drew, Roy Williams (WR), and 2 first round picks in 2010.

So now I have:

QB: Aaron Rodgers and Carson Palmer
RB: Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew, Shonn Greene, James Davis and Gartrell Johnson (Johnson on rookie taxi squad)
WR: Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Kevin Walter, Roy Williams, Donnie Avery and Ramses Barden (taxi)

...and I picked up Ted Ginn w/ my extra roster spot.

So what do ya think? As much as I like Ryan, I dunno if I see him as a fantasy stud. Palmer is older, but I think has more fantasy value. The other guy has both Mannings, and wanted some youth at QB. I LOVE MJD and think his addition gives me the best RBs in our league. The other guy has Adrian Peterson, so he is helped out in getting Chester. I clearly lose out at WR, BUT Roy CAN be a pretty damn good #1 target. Add to that the 2 #1s and I think I did OK...
I like what you did here. First what I don't like: Roy Williams, career underacheiver, did NOTHING last year for the Cowboys, now all the pressure is going to be on him, he'll put up o.k. numbers at the end of the year, but will be a headache deciding which weeks to start him. Witten will lead the team in targets and Martellus Bennett (plus Felix Jones split out wide) could be used very effectively, and take away targets from RW.

Now what I like: MJD, he's the coverboy on our magazine for a reason. with fred taylor in new england it's his team to command, and rashad jennings should win his backup job over chauncey washington. the offensive line got a serious upgrade, as did the wide receivers with the addition of torry holt, mike thomas (think carolina's steve smith), and jarett dillard.

Carson Palmer is prime for a bounce back year, and should put up much better numbers than Matty Ice in his 2nd year. sure, houshmandzadeh is gone, but laveranues coles is there, chris henry is on the comeback trail, and don't forget about andre "bubba" caldwell. benson will provide a solid ground game, and rookie bernard scott will make for a nice change of pace back.

the 2 2010 1st round picks will be huge and the QB class is much better next year than it was this season. sam bradford, jevan snead, dan lefevour, colt mccoy, and tim tebow.

you will miss percy harvin on your roster, every time he touches the ball it will be electric. but the rookie is far from an every week fantasy starter, enjoy his highlights but not the headache of choosing when to start him.

overall, B+ and if Roy Williams matches his career best from Detroit you got over on this dude big time.

good job!
Cecil Lammey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I don't like it at all. I hate Carson Palmer and Roy Williams and would never take them where they always go. I love MOJO but I think you gave up what might be a superstar career in Matt Ryan and the combo to Roddy White for two huge downgrades. I'm also a fan of the double whammy QB-WR tandoms. I would almost never start roy williams based on what you have anyway so I think that was a huge downgrade from Roddy who was an easy #1.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Thanx for the feedback folks. I'm not huge on Roy either, but he's at least a viable option for now. Besides, I may try to trade him off w/ a #1 in 2010 for a WR upgrade.

I agree I will miss Harvin and maybe I'm wrong about Matt Ryan, but I think he'll be a better real life QB than a fantasy QB.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
Cecil Lammey
NFL Insider

Football is Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Roddy White's targets are going to go down because of the addition of Tony Gonzalez.

I love Matty Ice, but he's more Troy Aikman than he is Tom Brady.

The Falcons run too much for Ice to be a big fantasy QB. Plus it's his 2nd season in the league. I watched a ton of film of him at Boston College and he does force the ball too often. He'll grow as a player, but I imagine he'll always throw too many picks for leagues that deduct points for INTs.

:2cents:
Cecil Lammey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: