The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Favorite CFL team?
British Columbia Lions 1 4.55%
Calgary Stampede 3 13.64%
Edmonton Eskimos 3 13.64%
Hamilton Tiger Cats 4 18.18%
Montreal Alouettes 2 9.09%
Saskatchewan Roughriders 3 13.64%
Toronto Argonauts 4 18.18%
Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Sacked by Croel
Solid Starter
 
Sacked by Croel's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 126

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Who is your favorite CFL team?

Denver is your favorite NFL team. Who do you like north of the boundary?
Sacked by Croel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I voted roughriders because they have the coolest name.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,232

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Calgary...lived in Lethbridge and then Airdrie for a little while..don't fallow them at all but...if i had to choose it'd be them!!
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
Sacked by Croel
Solid Starter
 
Sacked by Croel's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 126

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I voted Winnipeg because I like former Oklahoma State star Adarius Bowman.
Sacked by Croel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
Mr Chatterboodamn
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Mr Chatterboodamn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 845

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cory Boyd
Default

Wasn't there another team named the Roughriders in the CFL?
Mr Chatterboodamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chatterboodamn View Post
Wasn't there another team named the Roughriders in the CFL?
Ottawa..they folded in 1996.

Alouettes de Montreal!!

Seriously, I like it more than the Arena League (much more in fact) but it's still too frickin' weird to be a satisfying subsitute in the offseason IMHO.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #7
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chatterboodamn View Post
Wasn't there another team named the Roughriders in the CFL?
That's the one I would have said. It was the Ottawa Roughriders - they folded in the 90's. They were like the Steelers of the CFL in the 70's.

How awesome is that, though? There are, what, eight teams in the league, and two of them have the same name?

Crazy Canadians.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,588
Default

I think Eskimos is the coolest name, also they are further north and plat outdoors, they aren't p***Ys like those Minnesota people.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
philiptr2
Gunslinger
 
philiptr2's Avatar
 
DRAW!!

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacked by Croel View Post
I voted Winnipeg because I like former Oklahoma State star Adarius Bowman.
Are you sure its not cause Lenny Walls plays for the Blue Bombers?
philiptr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #10
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Go Stamps Go!
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #11
Sacked by Croel
Solid Starter
 
Sacked by Croel's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 126

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiptr2 View Post
Are you sure its not cause Lenny Walls plays for the Blue Bombers?
Lenny Walls is one of my favorites, too. He was a Yay Area prep star from the City. He used to get lit, RBL Posse style. He don't want your rolled up wood!!!

I remember when Jimmy Spencer said one training camp he hadn't seen that kind of cornerback play since Deion.
Sacked by Croel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #12
Sacked by Croel
Solid Starter
 
Sacked by Croel's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 126

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
That's the one I would have said. It was the Ottawa Roughriders - they folded in the 90's. They were like the Steelers of the CFL in the 70's.

How awesome is that, though? There are, what, eight teams in the league, and two of them have the same name?

Crazy Canadians.
It kind of reminds me of the LSU/Auburn Tigers and Georgia/Mississippi St. Bulldogs in the SEC.

Crazy Dixie folk.
Sacked by Croel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #13
uk bronco
Seasoned Veteran
 
uk bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: glasgow
Posts: 327

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Nalen
Default

voted tiger cats cos an ex bought me one of their shirts plus i play/coach a team called the tigers
uk bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,086

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Riders, because of UWO alum Andy Fantus.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #15
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacked by Croel View Post
It kind of reminds me of the LSU/Auburn Tigers and Georgia/Mississippi St. Bulldogs in the SEC.

Crazy Dixie folk.
Well, there's a really, really big difference.

But other than that, good one.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #16
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
How awesome is that, though? There are, what, eight teams in the league, and two of them have the same name?

Crazy Canadians.
If you wanna get real technical...there was a bit of a difference.

It was the Ottawa Rough Riders and the Saskatchewan Roughriders..they went through great pains to be sure people knew the difference as well, believe it or don't.

FWIW, Ottawa is scheduled for an expansion franchise in 2010.....I know a lot of people would hate this idea, but I'm frankly surprised that the NFL hasn't absorbed the CFL yet. There certainly aren't any currency exchange issues anymore and it would satisfy Goodell's whole "international" thing.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #17
cdabroncofan
Rookie
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Hamilton (SteelCity)
My hometown a great place to watch a football game. Lots of middle class hard working families.
TIGERS EATEM RAW
cdabroncofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #18
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
If you wanna get real technical...there was a bit of a difference.

It was the Ottawa Rough Riders and the Saskatchewan Roughriders..they went through great pains to be sure people knew the difference as well, believe it or don't.

FWIW, Ottawa is scheduled for an expansion franchise in 2010.....I know a lot of people would hate this idea, but I'm frankly surprised that the NFL hasn't absorbed the CFL yet. There certainly aren't any currency exchange issues anymore and it would satisfy Goodell's whole "international" thing.
Honestly, I don't disagree with you, to an extent. I think there are a couple Canadian markets the NFL should be in, period. Where I disagree is expansion. I just don't see how you do it, at this point. And I definitely don't see how you do it without putting LA at the top of the list. (I know. I know. LA sucks as a sports market. Except that it doesn't - not in terms the NFL needs.)

You could always move a team or teams. Buffalo makes a lot of sense, from a television standpoint. But how to you screw a bunch of fans that do nothing other than buy tickets - usually, all of them. Kansas City is another option - just because.

I love poking good-natured fun at our friends to the north, though. Let's face it. Canada is, by most respects, a great place to live. But by gosh, those people get defensive. I lived with a guy when I did the Mormon mission thing (down by the NY/PA border) that was from Vancouver. If he thought you were even thinking, in the deep recesses of your mind, in a negative way about Canada, he would get crazy. Of course, he'd bring it on with stuff like, "Have you ever thought about how really stupid the concept of the US flag is?"

He would just let those rip - unprovoked, and at random. How do you not respond to that? I actually ended up kind of hating him, after three months of 24/7 interaction with him.

I had a few roommates at college that were Canadian that were pretty good guys. Still crazy sensitive, but good guys.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #19
cdabroncofan
Rookie
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Well you guys have good points about expansion in Canada but the reason l'm always hearing up here is that the major sponsor of the NFL is budweiser and they have different ownership in Canada than they do in the U.S, so that wouldn't benefit they major sponsor. And besides l don't think the NFL could get anymore popular in Canada than it already is. If it wasn't for Canadians Buffalo wouldn't even have a team, l hear almost 80% of there fanbase is in Canada.
cdabroncofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #20
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I voted roughriders because they have the coolest name.
I voted the Argonauts because that is the only team that I have heard of from that list, but now I kind of want to change my vote. Roughriders is a cool name.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #21
bronco_boi_5280
Solid Starter
 
bronco_boi_5280's Avatar
 
The Birdman Flies

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 246

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Andersen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I voted roughriders because they have the coolest name.
I voted Argo's for the exact same reason.
bronco_boi_5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #22
cdabroncofan
Rookie
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

l guess the only reason you guys know the argos is because they go get all the dope heads that get busted in the NFL.
cdabroncofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #23
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Honestly, I don't disagree with you, to an extent. I think there are a couple Canadian markets the NFL should be in, period. Where I disagree is expansion. I just don't see how you do it, at this point. And I definitely don't see how you do it without putting LA at the top of the list. (I know. I know. LA sucks as a sports market. Except that it doesn't - not in terms the NFL needs.)
Honestly, probably only Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver are viable NFL cities....I'm not 100% sure about that though
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #24
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

What is this thing you call CFL?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #25
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
What is this thing you call CFL?
Professional football....sort of. At least it's played on a full field and isn't as big of a joke as the AFL is.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Denver Broncos