The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default royal/lloyd interviews

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels...spx?ID=1109274
http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels...spx?ID=1109339

listening to em now, someone posted it on BM
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

royal quotes:
"guys love him in the locker room, hes a great guy to have i the locker room"
"starting to get more and more comfortable"
"things are looking better, starting to smooth things out, excited for this year coming up"
"brandons (marshall) a good friend...just went to his childrens camp...as far as everything else, when i talk to brandon its not really about business, how hes doing how hes training, dont get into personal issues" (i dont believe that)
"the schedule, dont really pay attention to the schedule...gotta take it week to week, i learned that last year...the NFL is hard, you gotta be ready to play...we gotta be prepared every week and take it on game at a time, gotta take care of whats in front of you"
"i go to each special teams meeting, we havent really talk about my role there, im willing to do what they want me to do"
"im excited, we are fairly young on the offensive side of the ball, we are gonna grow together and we should have a good run"
Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

lloyd quotes:
-no feel for how tough this camp will be compared to chicago, washington, st louis, really fast and right to the point during mcd's practices. chicago only had 1'adays.
"the offense is very exciting because there is so manymoving parts to it, as a player, last 5 years you are like "i wish i was o the patriots" and now you get the opportunity and you say "ok i see how its working" and see how the offense was functioning in new england
"coach mcdaniels is a breath of fresh air, so young and vibrant, main concern is winning and will put best players out there"
"having a young coach wont cause problems, only seen really young coaches from a distance, (talks about kiffin then tomlin comparison), its pretty much gonna be how veterans keep control of the locker room, vets like dawkins, keep younger guys focused during season, coach mcdaniels will call plays and try to put in best position on the field, up to players to put it together"
"me and joe gibbs had personal issues, didnt get along, was not a generational gap thing"
"what makes kyle orton interesting to coach mcdaniels is hes a really smart guy, thats waht makes this offense is there is so many moving points, need to know what everyones doing, and kyles the guy for that. really intelligent, really wants to be good, common misconception that kyle orton lacks athletic ability or has weak arm. can make all throws, can do everything. handcuffed in WCO because he wasnt allowed to be intellectual as a player."
"having relationship with kyle wont give advantage to starting time, maybe if we went to WCO but not here."
Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Good stuff!!

Ovbiously players aren't going to bad mouth the coach or the QB but good to hear players talk highly of them like that when everyone else has doubts!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:39 AM   #5
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Thanks for sharing tsiguy96.

Jobs are on the line but much was expressed that didn't need to be.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #6
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Good stuff!!

Ovbiously players aren't going to bad mouth the coach or the QB but good to hear players talk highly of them like that when everyone else has doubts!!
I agree. One thing I do like about Orton though is he isn't taking a break like 99% of the players in the NFL. He is in Dove Valley trying to get better.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

bump, these guys are excited for the season.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Sensing a lot of excitement from these players.

Given, it's the off-season, and optimism is always plentiful, but the guys really seem to be buying in, and not letting the distractions of a couple of problem-cases bring them down.

Even Marshall sounded pumped before the holdout, which is really just typical NFL contract nonsense.

Again, the silliness about this team being "torn apart" is going to be put to rest very quickly. I can't wait for camp and PS, so we can really see the foundation of this new team start to form.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #9
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Given, it's the off-season, and optimism is always plentiful, but the guys really seem to be buying in, and not letting the distractions of a couple of problem-cases bring them down.

Even Marshall sounded pumped before the holdout, which is really just typical NFL contract nonsense.

Again, the silliness about this team being "torn apart" is going to be put to rest very quickly. I can't wait for camp and PS, so we can really see the foundation of this new team start to form.
I'm very excited as well, but man, Brandon Lloyd.

On one hand, he makes some of the most difficult catches I have ever seen, but on the other hand - drops the "gimmes." It will be very interesting to see who gets the starting spots if B-Marsh holds out too long.

I would think that Royal, Gaffney, and Stokely would have the inside track, but Lloyd is an interesting guy if he gets his act together.

Even with B-marsh out, if we have that receiving corps with Graham and Scheffler at TE, Hillis and Moreno in the backfield - it will be a fun group to watch.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

Other than whats going on with BM..everything is looking pretty good. We should be a better team this year but not necessarily have a better record.

Also, on a side note, i was watching NFLN last night and Rod Woodson had a top 5 safeties in the league and had Dawkins at #5.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Orton maybe "smarter" than Cutler? Sorry, just have to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

It is kind of funny to hear Offenses on other teams talk about going to a well-run offense. I'm sure Shanahan was talked about in positive terms as well.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Other than whats going on with BM..everything is looking pretty good. We should be a better team this year but not necessarily have a better record..
Bingo.

It's time to start building a championship team, and we weren't going to sniff the playoffs before all of the changes, so it's certainly far-fetched to expect them now.

However, what I DO expect, is a team that looks like they're improving as the season goes on, not falling apart like we've seen the last few years. We're doing the little things like addressing special teams, adding depth and signing guys with some experience and a reputation for being team players/smart players.

The days of hanging it all on a QBs back, ignoring the defense/STs and taking wild stabs in free agency are over.

Quote:
Also, on a side note, i was watching NFLN last night and Rod Woodson had a top 5 safeties in the league and had Dawkins at #5.
What a blessing to have this guy, even if it's only for a good season or two.
We were extremely lucky to have Lynch, and I have a feeling Dawkins will be an equal success.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-Brian-Dawkins
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #13
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Yup. That's where we'll find out what is what. I'm not very concerned at all right now. On paper, this is a pretty good team.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #14
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I love Eddie, he is already one of my favorite all time Broncos. I really hope he stays here for a long time and we have a team he is excited to be with. Special player.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #15
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Orton to Lloyd - Touchdown

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...vs-Texans-2008
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #16
Rabb
No Luca, No!