The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default OT - Politically Incorrect Night

I love these guys. The local Single A affiliate of the Red Sox:

Since beginning my stint as citizen journalist on Bleacher Report, I've tried to write about a wide variety of baseball-related topics. In an effort to break away from stories on steroids, salaries, and overinflated egos, I've written about sausages outside of Fenway Park and the urinals inside.

I've dabbled in feel-good stories about hardball and tried to present the human side of the sport we love.

It's taxing at times trying to create stories about things that not everyone chooses to write about.

Just when I thought I was out of crap to write about, the Lowell Spinners, Class-A Affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, have once again proven that minor league baseball will literally go to the end to put fannies in their seats.

The Lowell Spinners gave away a door prize that even the legendary Mike Veeck wouldn’t attempt, as the team gave away B.O.S., short for a bag of (plastic) poop, to the first 1,000 kids who entered the stadium Tuesday evening when the team took on the Oneonta Tigers at LeLacheur Park.

In what represents the second year of Politically Incorrect Night at LeLacheur Park, the Spinners pushed the limits of what is considered PC and not PC, following a night dedicated to Politically Correct actions the night prior.

The night was in response to a challenge made at the Minor League Baseball Promotional Seminar by Bob Masewicz of Total Sports Entertainment, who offered a flat-screen TV to the team that came up with the best Politically Incorrect Night.

After giving pink potholders to the first 500 women in 2008, the Spinners took the promotion one step further with the unnamed “BOS” giveaway. Fans arriving at the ballpark received an unmarked brown bag with their plastic treasure inside, unbeknownst to them.

Additionally, the Spinners handed out road maps to the first 500 men in attendance, since men are too stubborn to pull over and ask for directions.

“We all know that fans will jump for just about anything free at the ballpark,” said Spinners Vice President and General Manager Tim Bawmann. “This gave us the opportunity to give away a politically incorrect item.”

Additionally, the team refused all Yankee fans entrance through the front gate. In our continued effort to rid Red Sox Nation of Yankees fans, these fans were shown to the back entrance for a special entry.

The Spinners also saluted those gas guzzlers, giving fans that arrive in the biggest gas guzzlers, wasting resources and damaging the environment, complimentary gas cards.

“Our society had become so overly politically correct that everything and anything is analyzed to make sure no one is offended,” said Bawmann. “This is a night meant to mock that attitude.”

Other Politically Incorrect themes for the night included only women working at the concession stands taking orders, and the fifth inning being designated as time for women to get their husbands or boyfriends an in-game snack or beverage since they have worked hard all day.[/B]

Cots were set up for the elderly to nap after 8 p.m., so they didn’t ruin the fun for the rest of their party. Players were also mocked for their miscues.

Lastly, the Spinners honored the University of Illinois Fighting Illini, who have stood fast against pressure to change their team name to not offend anyone, one night after saluting the Natick (Mass.) High School Red and Blue for their willingness to comply with the mandate.

First pitch was scheduled for 7:05, although in accordance with the night’s theme, it started a few minutes late. For those who give a sh*t, the Spinners beat Oneonta 2-1.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-incorrectness

Last edited by Beantown Bronco; 06-30-2009 at 09:28 AM..
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
First pitch was scheduled for 7:05, although in accordance with the night’s theme, it started a few minutes late.
Must have been CP time. (Colored People's time )
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I like it. More political incorrectness would be a good thing.

I had a seminary professor from the U.K. for a class I took one summer who said that "political correctness is a uniquely American form of fascism."

Food for thought...
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Must have been CP time. (Colored People's time )
Funny you mention that. My wife was watching Bridzillas the other night and the bride (who was black) was surprised guests to her wedding were on time and said something about CPT. First time I'd ever heard that.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

This was what would have happened and then that jerkoff attorney from San Diego said that he would sue since he was offended from across the country. Here are some other ideas that would probably be banned before ever getting started. 1) Tip night. Give a tip for every black guy that buys something from the venue. 2) Wiga night. Any stupid looking white dude gets his face pummelled when he utters the phrase , "What is up, cuz?" This goes for punching out Emo kids too. 3) "Serve me, beatch!" Man gets concession food from his wife/girlfriend every two innings. She also has to buy it. 4) Bring a Retard to the Ballpark Night. Buy one, get one free but retard pays for you since he doesnt know better. 5) Dwarf tossing. This one I can actually back. They volunteered to be chucked. Best if the team has a wall like the Green Monster. In between innings, the dwarfs wear sombreros and walk the aisles to serve food. These would win the big screen but i think it would lose fans and groups would be protesting big time.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Funny you mention that. My wife was watching Bridzillas the other night and the bride (who was black) was surprised guests to her wedding were on time and said something about CPT. First time I'd ever heard that.
Whatever Man, Just come clean
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
Donk
Free Agent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bob Scarpitto

Obama's first dog was a white b**** that he hid in the back yard.
He knew that he would never be elected if the public knew he had a white dog.

It's name is Boy.

Give the man credit it lives in his back yard.

Last edited by Donk; 06-30-2009 at 04:22 PM..
Donk is offline   Reply With Quote