The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me
 
You Know I'm Right

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash
Default Another Duke Rape Case The Media Distorts

Remember 2006 when the media was gung-ho to tell you about a black stripper raped by the Duke Lacrosse team? They characterized it as some poor, black single mother brutalized by rich Southern whites (no matter that the accused were from Southern states like New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland). Yes, it was the liberal media's wet dream fitting all their favorite stereotypes: white vs. black, rich vs. poor, male vs. female. They couldn't wait to string these men up by their genitals.

Only the local media was interested in poking holes through the woman's story, finding out that she had a past history of drug abuse, prostitution and was, shall we say, veracity-challenged? Even her father told reporters that the story was bad *if* it were true. IF?? Her own dad doubts her??

Well, we all know what happened. The DNA didn't match, even as the DA announced that it did. The DA was eventually disbarred and tossed out of office and the media, for all their lying and mischaracterization, offered no apology for their own role in the witch hunt.

So now comes word of another arrest at Duke, this time by a faculty member and, this time, the rape involves an African-American by a homosexual. Oops. The media failed to give you those last two details.

Here's the AP report:

Quote:
A Duke University official has been arrested and charged with offering a 5-year-old boy for sex.

Frank Lombard, the school's associate director of the Center for Health Policy, was arrested after an Internet sting, according to the FBI's Washington field office and the city's police department.

According to an affidavit by District of Columbia Police Detective Timothy Palchak, an unidentified informant facing charges in a separate child sex case led authorities to Lombard.

Authorities said that Lombard tried to persuade a person — who he did not know was a police officer — to travel to North Carolina to have sex with a child.

The detective's affidavit charges Lombard said in an online chat that he had sexually molested the boy. The court papers say Lombard also invited the undercover detective to North Carolina to have sex with the young boy and even suggested which hotel he should use.
But it isn't until you piece together some local reporting that you find out that Lombard is a gay man living with his "partner" (whose role in this whole deed has yet to be established) and that there were two children living in the house that were both African-American. Lombard's role at Duke was to study health care disparities among HIV/AIDS sufferers in the rural South.

So, here you have a case of a rich, white Duke man abusing a poor young black child and this time we have the word of the federal government, not a stripper/prostitute but will there be nightly reports by the mainstream media or candlelight vigils at Duke? Hell, no.

That's because the liberals will not have gay adoption placed in a bad light nor create friction between the gay movement and civil rights crowd. Much like the rape and murder of Jesse Dirkhising in 1999 by two gay men, the media will be largely silent about this because it doesn't fit their prejudices and stereotypes.

Like most things touched by the mainstream media, ask yourself what facts are they distorting and what facts are they hiding.

Last edited by TexanBob; 06-28-2009 at 05:38 PM..
TexanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I am sure there is a simple ,logical explanation ............
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Actually it's your characterization of the facts of this story that represents the primary distortion. It wasn't the media that skewed this story, it was Durham County DA Mike Nifong, now disbarred after charges of ongoing prosecutorial misconduct were brought against him for hiding evidence, refusing to admit facts into evidence and engaging in multiple deceptions where he fabricated the case he had to the media prior to facts even being submitted. The New York Times initially published his position on the case without due dilligence, but the LA Times, Washington Times and 60 Minutes among other major media sources all repeatedly dug into the story. Racial and gender politics may or not be influencing the current story, but your comparison to the Duke rape case is not compelling. I'm no friend of the media...but you've got this one wrong. Liberals BTW...don't all advocate gay marriage, and your version of the facts as you're reporting them seem more speculation than anything else in terms of why this is not national news...lots of bad stuff happens in the world...it can't all be front page.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me
 
You Know I'm Right

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash
Default

Why do you think this is about gay marriage? Thanks for the strawman. It might make a case against gay adoption but even that is tenuous. Not every gay adoption ends up like this.

What this illustrates is that the media showcases the stories that fit their stereotypes and ignore the ones inconvenient to their agenda. Or they spin the facts so that you don't get the full picture, as is true in this case.

If you heard "Top Duke official arrested after offering sex with a minor to an undercover officer" or "Homosexual arrested after offering sex with a black five-year-old he had adopted to an undercover officer" which one gives you the clearer picture?
TexanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBob View Post
Why do you think this is about gay marriage? Thanks for the strawman. It might make a case against gay adoption but even that is tenuous. Not every gay adoption ends up like this.
I meant gay adoption...sorry I was trying to do four things at once including posting in here. You made a case for this being motivated by liberal bias and introduced this statement:

That's because the liberals will not have gay adoption placed in a bad light nor create friction between the gay movement and civil rights crowd".

You also accused the media of collaborating in the deception Mike Nifong engaged in...when in fact it's not the media's job to investigate a district attorney, but once facts came to light they did report it, which was their obligation. Your case for media bias rested on this and as noted, you were wrong, hence the case for media collusion dissapears.
Quote:
What this illustrates is that the media showcases the stories that fit their stereotypes and ignore the ones inconvenient to their agenda. Or they spin the facts so that you don't get the full picture, as is true in this case.
I'm wondering why you think this story is about gay people and black kids rather than it being about a professor at a prestigious university who was arrested for molestation. I'm also wondering why you think that "friction between the gay rights movement and the civil rights crowd" is something the media has some vested interest in. Are you referencing a racial discussion with your characterization of "the civil rights crowd"...or civil rights in general? If you're referring to a racial aspect...you seem to be since you introduce the race of the kids...that cause is mostly fought by African Americans, who overwhelmingly reject homosexuality as a lifestyle by a margin higher than any other demographic group. No alliance exists between black civil rights advocates and the gay community, so I highly doubt some media pundit squirreling away the shocking facts of this gay/black scandal you're describing would make one iota's worth of difference to anyone in either group.
Quote:
If you heard "Top Duke official arrested after offering sex with a minor to an undercover officer" or "Homosexual arrested after offering sex with a black five-year-old he had adopted to an undercover officer" which one gives you the clearer picture?
Actually the first one. I'd be more interested in this being a university professor since he has charge of young minds at a major universtiy and that's a respected position of trust. I think I could draw the conclusion he's gay from the fact that he's accused of molesting boys...the race is unimportant to the story...I'm not sure why you think it is unless you're just reaching for some kind of motive to ascribe nefarious motives to the press. There are plenty of examples of news media bias...but I don't see this as one of them.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 06-28-2009 at 10:36 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,307

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

b.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #7
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

This is exactly why sexual deviants should not be allowed to adopt children. This was a gay community and Mister Lombard should get the chair for what he did to that innocent child.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,826

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBob View Post

If you heard "Top Duke official arrested after offering sex with a minor to an undercover officer" or "Homosexual arrested after offering sex with a black five-year-old he had adopted to an undercover officer" which one gives you the clearer picture?
If you want to be like that why not classify the race of the Homosexual and officer as well? What does the skin color have to do with it? You fail to mention in your headline if the child is gay or straight or even a boy or girl. And really what does it matter if this guy was gay or straight? Either way its a terrible story.

Are you trying to imply that if this were a hetrosexual male that the story would read "Straigh White Man attempts to get Asian bi-sexual officer to have sex with a black 5 year old boy who has not yet determined his sexual preference as he still believes girls have cooties."

COME ON! Sexual preference, skin color, and religion should not be the be-all-end-all of these stories and have little to do with the actual fact that a man offerred up a little child for sex to other adults. Nothing else really matters in this story. Its just another sick and twisted day in America and people want to make this about red herrings.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:59 AM   #9
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,826

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
This is exactly why sexual deviants should not be allowed to adopt children. This was a gay community and Mister Lombard should get the chair for what he did to that innocent child.
Sexual deviants shouldn't be allowed to adopt children. Agreed.

Gays are not necessarily any more sexually deviant than straight men. We will disagree here.

Most people, whether gay straight or unsure have a basic moral compass that tells them ****ing kids is wrong. I agree that an act like this shows that Mr. Lombard had no moral compass and for that he deserves life in solitary confinement.

EDIT: Dr. Carole Jenny and her colleagues reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in fewer than 1% in which an adult molester could be identified only 2 of the 269 cases (Jenny et al., 1994).

Pedophilia and Sexual abuse are not correlated to sexual preference. Those who are sexually "deviant" (for lack of a better term) in all their sexual needs and desires are the ones you need to watch out for.

Last edited by Irish Stout; 06-30-2009 at 08:50 AM..
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #10
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Sexual deviants shouldn't be allowed to adopt children. Agreed.

Gays are not necessarily any more sexually deviant than straight men. We will disagree here.

Most people, whether gay straight or unsure have a basic moral compass that tells them ****ing kids is wrong. I agree that an act like this shows that Mr. Lombard had no moral compass and for that he deserves life in solitary confinement.

EDIT: Dr. Carole Jenny and her colleagues reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in fewer than 1% in which an adult molester could be identified only 2 of the 269 cases (Jenny et al., 1994).

Pedophilia and Sexual abuse are not correlated to sexual preference. Those who are sexually "deviant" (for lack of a better term) in all their sexual needs and desires are the ones you need to watch out for.
I do define homosexuality as sexual deviation. And pedophilla isn't the only reason either for my comment above. Gay adoption creates a situation where a child can develop unhealthy sexual practices through learned behavior from their adopted parents. Would it be 100 percent? No. But there is still a chance and it's not right to subject a child to that type of behavior, IMO.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #11
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,587
Default

Can we move this to the politics forum? I haven't opened that in ages, precisely because I hate that so many bigots root for my team. I just don't want to deal with that in the main forum.

Thanks so much.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Can we move this to the politics forum? I haven't opened that in ages, precisely because I hate that so many bigots root for my team. I just don't want to deal with that in the main forum.

Thanks so much.
You don't have to click on the thread. But I can understand why you don't want honest discussion on the topic since it doesn't fit your agenda.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #13
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,619

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The media reporting of lack of isn't shocking. This has been a trend for years. Since this involves a gay man and not a white, straight man, or someone religious or a republican politician, then it's not worthy of constant reporting down our throats.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #14
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,080

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Can we move this to the politics forum? I haven't opened that in ages, precisely because I hate that so many bigots root for my team. I just don't want to deal with that in the main forum.

Thanks so much.
Bigotry to me is being so close-minded that you refuse to have interaction on these types of subjects.

That being said, I'm not really sure how this type of reporting is leaning one way or the other.
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The media reporting of lack of isn't shocking. This has been a trend for years. Since this involves a gay man and not a white, straight man, or someone religious or a republican politician, then it's not worthy of constant reporting down our throats.


It goes much deeper than just the guys involved. The "parent" and his gay lover lived in a community that advertised itself as a place of sexual promiscuity. The community has taken down it's website and removed the advertisement
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Oh boy, a homophobe thread. We're covering all the bases this offseason.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #17
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Oh boy, a homophobe thread. We're covering all the bases this offseason.
It's a homophobe thread. It's a disscussion about homosexaul parenting and it being advocated as a family model.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,923

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Have you taken any media writing courses at all? The race and sexual preference is left out intentionally. Stating it adds nothing to the article other than a RACIST slant.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #19
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

YAY for white people! We're the coolest!!!!
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #20
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Ahh look at all the widdle ignorant bigots, aren't they cute?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #21
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,441

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
It's a homophobe thread. It's a disscussion about homosexaul parenting and it being advocated as a family model.
OMG! There are bad straight parents who sell their children for sex so they can get drugs. Is it because they are straight?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #22
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
OMG! There are bad straight parents who sell their children for sex so they can get drugs. Is it because they are straight?
He is also a social worker like you. Does it mean he did it because of that? Point being that the the sexual deviation is an indictator that should require a greater amount of scrutiny.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Denver Broncos