The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default Chiefs sign S Mike Brown

Ok, he's old and brittle, but a great player when healthy. It will be interesting to watch.

Chiefs sign safety Mike Brown, add depth to secondary

By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Getty Images
Mike Brown
Join the discussion in the forums.
More News
Chiefs' vlog | Say hello to Mike Brown
Chiefs sign safety Mike Brown, add depth to secondary

The possibilities for newly acquired safety Mike Brown are many. He might wind up as a starter, could become the main backup to Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard, or Brown could be released before the Chiefs get to the regular season.

Whatever his destiny, Brown’s addition gives the Chiefs something they’ve lacked: serious starting competition for Page and Pollard.

Each was handed a starting job by former coach Herm Edwards. Because of a lack of depth, neither was forced to play well in order to keep it.

If Brown, who agreed to contract terms Wednesday, plays as he did for most of his nine seasons with Chicago, that’s certain to change. Brown, 31, was one of the league’s top safeties and made the Pro Bowl in 2005. He made many big plays and is the Bears’ all-time leader in defensive touchdowns with seven.

Injuries forced Brown to miss 44 games over the past five seasons. He played in 15 games last year but did not play in the season’s final game because of a calf injury.

Brown’s contract expired at the end of last season. Whether they were concerned about his inability to avoid injuries or declining skills, the Bears made no effort to re-sign him.

“I’m not worried about anything,” said Page, the starting free safety the last two seasons. “I’m looking forward to learning some things from him. It’s really nothing different. I won’t change the way I approach things. There’s competition every day. I really don’t think there will be anything different.

“I can only speak for myself. I can’t speak for Bernard. But I don’t let things like this affect me and the way I prepare. I have a drive inside me already. I don’t change things I’m doing because there’s someone else there. That’s what a professional does. Regardless of whether he’s here or not, I want to be the best. I want to go to the Pro Bowl and be one of the top guys at my position.”

The Chiefs also have Jon McGraw and DaJuan Morgan at safety. McGraw is a standout on special teams. The addition of Brown could be a sign the Chiefs are disappointed in Morgan, who was drafted in the third round last year.

•ROOKIE SIGNS: The Chiefs also agreed to terms of a three-year contract with fifth-round draft pick Colin Brown, an offensive tackle from Missouri. Brown will receive a signing bonus of $154,000.

link: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1276103.html
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

'Broken Down' Mike Brown.

He will look good for the 5 games that he plays.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Good pick up for the Chiefs as long as he's healthy.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

Quote:
Injuries forced Brown to miss 44 games over the past five seasons.
^^^ All you need to know about this one.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote