The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #101
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I don't understand how anyone who grew up on the Original Cartoon couldn't love this movie?

Soundwave and Ravage? Present and awesome.

Megatron vs Starscream? Much more apparent than the ONE line they gave them in the original "You fail me again Starscream"

Optimus Prime kicking everyone's ass in the woods? I had that 80s "You've got the touch" song going in my head.

Matrix of Leadership put back into the story? Yup

Constructicons? Yes

The effects were awesome. The jokes so corny you have to laugh.

My ONLY complaint is how the decepticons "un"transformed tend to all look alike. At times at the huge battle at the end I wasn't sure at first glance if it was Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave or the Fallen.

But, I have the same problem with Asians anyways, so it might just be me.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #102
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
you are a good sport!
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #103
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I don't understand how anyone who grew up on the Original Cartoon couldn't love this movie?

Soundwave and Ravage? Present and awesome.

Megatron vs Starscream? Much more apparent than the ONE line they gave them in the original "You fail me again Starscream"

Optimus Prime kicking everyone's ass in the woods? I had that 80s "You've got the touch" song going in my head.

Matrix of Leadership put back into the story? Yup

Constructicons? Yes

The effects were awesome. The jokes so corny you have to laugh.

My ONLY complaint is how the decepticons "un"transformed tend to all look alike. At times at the huge battle at the end I wasn't sure at first glance if it was Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave or the Fallen.

But, I have the same problem with Asians anyways, so it might just be me.
No, I am on the same bus as you.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #104
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

No one else was bothered by the MASSIVE Deus Ex Machina? Cmon. The rail gun was so ****ing stupid, it really ruined the movie.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #105
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Simple Minded people are weak,Real men enjoy art.Not Big Explosions to cover up Bad Acting,that's fine if you like eye candy but does it make it a good movie?
NO
So says the man who enjoys the lamest Marvel character there is.

Punisher sucks, as do your takes in this thread.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #106
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
No one else was bothered by the MASSIVE Deus Ex Machina? Cmon. The rail gun was so ****ing stupid, it really ruined the movie.
Really? A movie about alien robots from outerspace who transform, and it's a friggin' rail gun that does it for you?
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #107
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
First of all, you should read up on Deus Ex Machina, "God from the machine", and what it truly means. It's when something IMPOSSIBLE happens completely outside the plot line to provide a sudden twist.

Advanced military technology that's top secret is far from applicable. Especially considering it changed the plot line... zero.

So, yeah, sorry. In a movie that's about biological robots that transform into human technology to hide, and the part you find unbelievable is an advanced human laser beam.

Wow.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #108
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Really? A movie about alien robots from outerspace who transform, and it's a friggin' rail gun that does it for you?
Beat me to it, but I get more thorough points.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #109
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

SPOILERS- DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET.

My few problems with the movie:

1. I agree with the one poster who complained about the language. They really didn't need to cuss as much as they did which brings me to #2.

2. A majority of that was contributed by the twins who were absolutely worthless in this film. I mean, I thought they had a role somewhere and was almost giddy when they lined up against Devastator thinking of the impending doom they faced. Unfortunately, nothing came about from it. Hell, one of them got eaten, only to punch his way out of the monsters throat. Stupid.

3. Speaking of Devastor, they absolutely WASTED him in this film. We all saw the trailers, heard he was in the movie and they didn't do anything with him. He is supposed to be an ass kicker. I mean, they threw Jazz to the wolves in the T1 by getting ripped in half by Megatron to put him over. Hell, Jazz was one of the only G1 Autobots to survive "the movie" in 86' and they found a way to kill him 2 minutes into the final battle in T1. Why couldn't they have Devastor at least destroy somebody? The twins and ARCEE would have sufficed for me. Seems a little silly for me.

I'm still loving the Forest Scene. Optimus KICKED ass. One of the best fight scenes by one of the best fictional heroes.

For your viewing pleasure....

Last edited by bpc; 06-28-2009 at 03:00 PM..
Old 06-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #110
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post

1. I agree with the one poster who complained about the language. They really didn't need to cuss as much as they did which brings me to #2.

2. A majority of that was contributed by the twins who were absolutely worthless in this film. I mean, I thought they had a role somewhere and was almost giddy when they lined up against Devastator thinking of the impending doom they faced. Unfortunately, nothing came about from it. Hell, one of them got eaten, only to punch his way out of the monsters throat. Stupid.

3. Speaking of Devastor, they absolutely WASTED him in this film. We all saw the trailers, heard he was in the movie and they didn't do anything with him. He is supposed to be an ass kicker. I mean, they threw Jazz to the wolves in the T1 by getting ripped in half by Megatron to put him over. Hell, Jazz was one of the only G1 Autobots to survive "the movie" in 86' and they found a way to kill him 2 minutes into the final battle in T1. Why couldn't they have Devastor at least destroy somebody? The twins and ARCEE would have sufficed for me. Seems a little silly for me.

I'm still loving the Forest Scene. Optimus KICKED ass. One of the best fight scenes by one of the best fictional heroes.
Wait... what?

Who died outside of Optimus in that movie?! Am I remembering it wrong?
Old 06-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #111
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Wait... what?

All original G1 autobots died in the original "Transformers: the movie" except I think Jazz, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Perceptor, Blaster and the Dinobots. All of the other one's perished.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #112
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Quote:

For your viewing pleasure....

I actually liked what they did w/ Devastator. he had a specific role. every other robot was a fighter, but he had a job to do. I have no issue w/ how he was used.
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #113
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

You make a interesting point.

I really wish he would have tore up the twins! That's my main complaint. ha ha.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #114
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Looks like I am not the only one that enjoyed the flick
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #115
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

Quote:
Wait... what?

Damn you for posting spoilers without warning.
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #116
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac821 View Post
Damn you for posting spoilers without warning.
He was talking about the original transformers movie from 86'.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #117
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
All original G1 autobots died in the original "Transformers: the movie" except I think Jazz, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Perceptor, Blaster and the Dinobots. All of the other one's perished.
Watching it again Tuesday.

And for sure you forgot Hotrod at the very least. He's the one who takes the matrix of leadership and destroys Unicron.

Though you're right. He's not gen 1
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #118
Dukes
Ring of Famer

I'll probably go see it again, along with The Hangover.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #119
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:

The comic books are pretty good but Yea your right all the Punisher Movies Suck.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #120
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc

And yea I'm a big movie Buff I can tell what is a good movie or a bad Movie so suck my balls
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #121
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

I just came back from it (Transformers 2) and can say that I enjoyed the film (and I'm someone who can be easily critical seeing as how my career involves story writing/creating etc).

But I enjoyed it for what it is. A typical Michael Bay CGI spectacle with a plot that's as generic as it is predictable.

Not going to reveal too much, but the Rail Gun could have ended the movie right then and there had it been fired more than one damn time.

Lots of silly ****, the typical "I love you" come back to life ****.

All the critics who b**** about how stupid it is don't get what it's about. It's just a funny/wild CGI demo reel to enjoyably pass time with.

Anyway, It's a movie I'd definitely pay to go see in a theater once and then not see again for a long time... in fact I haven't seen the 1st Transformers since I saw it in the theater.

This isn't a movie I'd find that enjoyable sitting at home or w/e.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 06-28-2009 at 04:52 PM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #122
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I just came back from it and can say that I enjoyed the film (and I'm someone who can be easily critical seeing as how my career involves story writing/creating etc).

But I enjoyed it for what it is. A typical Michael Bay CGI spectacle with a plot that's as generic as it is predictable.

Not going to reveal too much, but the Rail Gun could have ended the movie right then and there had it been fired more than one damn time.

Lots of silly ****, the typical "I love you" come back to life ****.

All the critics who b**** about how stupid it is don't get what it's about. It's just a fun/wild CGI demo reel to enjoyably pass time with.

Anyway, It's a movie I'd definitely pay to go see in a theater once and then not see again for a long time... in fact I haven't seen the 1st Transformers since I saw it in the theater.

i loved the first punisher. I thought thomas jane did a great job and the movie had a good storyline and fight scenes. The 2nd one licked monkey nuts!
Old 06-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #123
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

The movie was a mess. Very hard to follow. Believe Matt and Trey sang a song that referenced how Michael Bay misses the point. Transformers and Transformers II do nothing to change that sediment.

Watch it on mute.
Wes Mantooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #124
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos4life79 View Post
i loved the first punisher. I thought thomas jane did a great job and the movie had a good storyline and fight scenes. The 2nd one licked monkey nuts!
I was talking about Transformers 2 lol.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #125
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
The movie was a mess. Very hard to follow. Believe Matt and Trey sang a song that referenced how Michael Bay misses the point. Transformers and Transformers II do nothing to change that sediment.

Watch it on mute.
Michael Bay always misses the point. The man is a ****ing idiot when it comes to plot and character development. But that's not the type of films he makes.

Look at Family Guy... Matt and Trey were spot on when they said that the show is ****ing stupid and a manatee could write their jokes. (most of the animated comedy community thinks Seth MacFarlane is a ****ing retard). But his stuff... as stupid and easy to create as it may be, still makes people laugh due to it's utter randomness (which is the point of the show)

Bay makes spectacles... and there is a reason he's made HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars with his films. People just like to see **** blow up and giant battles.

People get pissed off when they see hacks put together entertainment that they not only find devoid of actual talent to create, but something that they think anyone could do... but they really get pissed off when it's a HUGE SUCCESS.

That's why the critics lampoon Bay... but it's not going to stop him from having more success in the future.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 06-28-2009 at 04:58 PM..