The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #51
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Who cares if the jokes are lame? Megan Fox is in it...
Amen.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #52
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Amen.
Yo! She is so hot that I can't even tell you the name of the blond chick in the first one and the chick was damn fine.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #53
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

LMFAO

Michael Bay Signs $50M Deal To **** Up 'ThunderCats'April 13, 2009 | Issue 45•16
LOS ANGELES—In the largest deal ever made to **** out a movie, Warner Bros. and director Michael Bay announced a landmark $50 million agreement this week to monumentally **** up ThunderCats.
Enlarge Image
Michael Bay
"I couldn't be more excited to completely **** this up," said Bay, who plans to begin production on destroying the live-action adaptation next month. "ThunderCats has a great story, endearing characters, action, adventure, space-travel, and fantasy. It will be an honor to run it into the ground."

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...m_deal_to_****
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #54
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Someone at work this morning told me that the critics are ripping it apart.

If that's true.....I'm very disappointed....I was looking forward to seeing it.
The critics are retarded dude, don't let that get you down...i thought it was at least just as good as the first one!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #55
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I remember them saying these same things about the first movie.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #56
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Some people are to criticle of movies...it has hot chicks in, bad ass cars/trucks, explosions, robots etc....what else do people want?!?! I actually thought the humor in it was pretty funny!!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #57
dreasher54
getting good

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darcel McBath

I saw it amazing
dreasher54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #58
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
LMFAO

Michael Bay Signs $50M Deal To **** Up 'ThunderCats'April 13, 2009 | Issue 45•16
LOS ANGELES—In the largest deal ever made to **** out a movie, Warner Bros. and director Michael Bay announced a landmark $50 million agreement this week to monumentally **** up ThunderCats.
Enlarge Image
Michael Bay
"I couldn't be more excited to completely **** this up," said Bay, who plans to begin production on destroying the live-action adaptation next month. "ThunderCats has a great story, endearing characters, action, adventure, space-travel, and fantasy. It will be an honor to run it into the ground."

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...m_deal_to_****

That's the best part.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #59
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Terrible is an understatement. Though they are showing the second one at work today, so technically im gonna be paid to watch it, though perhaps ill nap. I cant stand movies that never concentrate on character and story. The first was painful if you ask me
I'm petty and shallow. I loved the first Transformers movie. Can hardly wait to get out of the hospital to see number 2.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #60
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Is there a 360-slow motion shot?

slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #61
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Ok just got back from it a bit ago, first off...DO NOT LISTEN TO THE CRITICS THAT ARE GIVING THIS MOVIE BAD REVIEWS!!! This was a great movie, lots of explosions and fights, the comedy made me laugh, just overall a fun entertaining movie. Critics hate it because they nit-pick small details, you will like it though if you go into it just wanting to be entertained. Soundwave is in this, dinobots aren't, and they start scratching the surface of the distain Megatron and Starscream have for each(gets a little physical even.) Seriously, go see this movie!!!(yes the 360 cam is used, and so is slow motion shots of Megan Fox running!!!)
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #62
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Yea, like i said. The elitist will always hate movies like this. Even now there are complaints of racism in the movie. Good grief.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #63
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Wow, that was a real steamer. At least i slept for an hour though
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #64
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

I'm sure this movie will be entertaining just as the first one was. That said, they approached this movie series the wrong way.

I was a big fan of the cartoons when I was a kid and it was all about the robots. The character development, the relationships, the motivations, everthing was about the robots. Humanity and Earth was just a backdrop.

I haven't seen this one yet, but that was where they missed out on the first one. They focused WAY too much on developing the human characters and made the robots unrelatable, and superficial. Optimus had the same voice which brought back memories, but even he was hard to rally behind.

Too bad they had to put their own spin on it. The Transformers cartoon movie is still one of my favorites, it would have been cool to see a live action version of that.
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #65
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

The first time I saw the commercials for the first movie, all the special effects and crap, I was hooked. Then I saw the movie and was a little upset and some of the corny parts. Not a fan of that kid who holds the lead part.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #66
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Just saw it and loved it. Don't listen to the critics. Its a great action movie and Megan Fox is superman hot!
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #67
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Just saw it and loved it. Don't listen to the critics. Its a great action movie and Megan Fox is superman hot!

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #68
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
I'm sure this movie will be entertaining just as the first one was. That said, they approached this movie series the wrong way.

I was a big fan of the cartoons when I was a kid and it was all about the robots. The character development, the relationships, the motivations, everthing was about the robots. Humanity and Earth was just a backdrop.

I haven't seen this one yet, but that was where they missed out on the first one. They focused WAY too much on developing the human characters and made the robots unrelatable, and superficial. Optimus had the same voice which brought back memories, but even he was hard to rally behind.

Too bad they had to put their own spin on it. The Transformers cartoon movie is still one of my favorites, it would have been cool to see a live action version of that.
So true. The first one had such potential to be a classic. Instead, it was a forgettable popcorn flick with horrible casting, acting, dialogue and humor.

I don't understand how Hollywood often screws up a sure thing. The story was already there. There was no need to bring in Bay and his ego and let him orgasm all over it. Just look at the recent comic book movies. They (minus a couple of exceptions) took the original stories, modernized it and adapted it from paper to the big screen, without butchering it. Simple.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #69
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

The jokes were funnier than the first, but that was the only thing I liked better. I don't want to say anything to ruin it for anybody, but I will say this. If you like mindless entertaining movies with great special effects (which I do) then you will like this movie. The one thing that upsets me is that these movies had so much more potential. They were good, but could have been great.
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #70
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanesaw View Post
The jokes were funnier than the first, but that was the only thing I liked better. I don't want to say anything to ruin it for anybody, but I will say this. If you like mindless entertaining movies with great special effects (which I do) then you will like this movie. The one thing that upsets me is that these movies had so much more potential. They were good, but could have been great.
I honestly think i liked the 2nd one a little bit better...
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #71
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

That was fun, undecided on which one I liked better though.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #72
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/906239997
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #73
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
So true. The first one had such potential to be a classic. Instead, it was a forgettable popcorn flick with horrible casting, acting, dialogue and humor.

I don't understand how Hollywood often screws up a sure thing. The story was already there. There was no need to bring in Bay and his ego and let him orgasm all over it. Just look at the recent comic book movies. They (minus a couple of exceptions) took the original stories, modernized it and adapted it from paper to the big screen, without butchering it. Simple.
Exactly...

Spider-Man (minus 3), Iron Man and the Batman Reboot have all been rock solid. It's a shame that Hulk still failed though.

Hopefully Thor and Captain America can do just as good.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #74
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Exactly...

Spider-Man (minus 3), Iron Man and the Batman Reboot have all been rock solid. It's a shame that Hulk still failed though.

Hopefully Thor and Captain America can do just as good.
Ironman and Batman were amazing. I liked the new Hulk, it was definitely quality.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #75
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Just saw Revenge of the Fallen. VERY GOOD movie IMO. Much better than the first. (Similar to the growth that the 2nd X-men movie had over the 1st edition.) Still kinda taking the story their own way away from what the G1 cartoons were all about but it's told much better than T1 and the action is amazing.

The only down side was it's a little long and the last battle seems to take forever with little situations popping up that stall out the suspense. It's like being on a high for too long, the mind starts to drift.

It does have sappy kid humor in it but it will get most to laugh. Shia is pretty good about making people laugh even if the jokes are corny, kinda like Ryan Reynolds.

They actually were more accurate with the robots this time. They casted Soundwave and he was pretty sweet. He sounds more like one of the Quintesson's from Transformers the Movie but it's actually Frank Welker, the original voice of Soundwave.

They hint at the tension between Megatron and Starscream but Starscream never really feels like a threat to him.

The real treat of this movie is that they finally did Optimus Prime justice. He is BADASS! The middle fight scene in the woods is one of the best that I've ever seen, CGI or real. If you have ties to Transformers and/or loved them at some time, you'll get goosebumps. Seriously.

If you got 2 and half hours to spare and are looking for the best action flick this year, check it out. I'd probably give it 8/10 but i'm a big Transformer fan and thats with the issues, cheesy Marvel style humor and simply put, it's about 30 minutes too long. However if they could have made the movie tighter at about 2 hours top, it would easily be a 9 in my book.

PS: Spare me the bull**** about people taking this movie so seriously. It's meant to wash over you and have great action. It's f'n robots that transform for christsake. No need to find the greater purpose. Just sit back, eat some terrible theatre food and watch Optimus Prime kick some ass.

Last edited by bpc; 06-25-2009 at 06:53 AM..
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote